• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Dark Phoenix Rate and review the trailer for X-Men: Dark PhoeniX

Hmm we should create one for the international one
Again, as i eXplained in the other thread. The international trailer is eXactly the same as American trailer just with a slightly different film title. Check the many official channels of 20th Century foX in YouTube.

The trailer uploaded in vimeo is unofficially released by foX and was already deleted TWICE. moviecliptrailers who uploads every trailer for American films, doesn't even upload this "international trailer" because foX didn't release it. Someone must have went to FoX's servers, got the file and uploaded it on Vimeo and claimed that its the international trailer when its not.

7/10:

Pros:
-Cinematogrpahy looks great.
-McAvoy and Fassbender are bringing it. You'd think they'd phone it in but they aren't.
-Intrigued by the space sequence.
-Intrigued by Chastain. I know she's just a weird amalgamation of Lilandra and Emma Frost, but she looks cool (although I still don't know why they didn't make her Lilandra, save for they didn't want to give her that funky hairstyle).
-Cyclops and Jean front and center.

Cons:
-Narratively it looks like a rehash of X3. I'm sure it'll be better (it wouldn't take much), but I can't believe Simon Kinberg thought he should just redo the same story beats but with a better emphasis on Jean and the X-Mean and you know... not include more cosmic elements or the Shi'Ar (I understand if Gladiator was a bit too broad, or fighting on the moon, but this should still feel like a galactic event, and it doesn't).

-Not sold on Sophie Turner carrying the movie based on this trailer, and I've been rooting for her, but some of those line readings...

-No fire raptor? Why. Everyone liked it. I hope it doesn't repeat X3's mistake of not embracing the Phoenix iconography, especially after it proved to be one of the few highpoints in Apocalypse.

-Revealing Mystique dies is a warning bell. Did they include that just because the film's marketing has been lackluster and they're trying to change the conversation, or is the movie itself lackluster?

If it winds up just being a good version of X3... I'll take it, but it will have been another blown opportunity by Kinberg. DOFP paved the way for such exciting developments outside of the mainline films (Logan, Deadpool, at least conceptually New Mutants), but Kinberg just keeps doing the same damn things with the mainline films and make them feel like they're running in place.

I doubt it's gonna be the better version of X3. Jean might get more role in this but that doesn't guarantee a better script, a better direction, a better story and a better film.

The movie looks amazing, i cant believe we got so lucky with this franchise. Is sad to see it go, the new movie looks as fresh as always and the potential for movies was endless, we could easily got another trilogy starting with Dark Phoenix. Having said that, the new trailer looked great, but they showed too much. Still, i love that we barely know anything about the movie.

I doubt it's gonna be the better version of X3. Jean might get more role in this but that doesn't guarantee a better script, a better direction, a better story and a better film.

... It wouldn't take much to be better. If it doesn't turn Jean into a silent, emotionless cipher who is there simply to make the male hero feel anguish, and it doesn't include anything as baffling as the Cure storyline, cringeworthy as the Juggernaut or Mystique's exit in that film, or infuriating as Cyclops' death... it'll be better.

Then again, Simon Kinberg has failed to clear low bars before.

There might not be anything cringeworthy as the Juggernaut (probably one of the worst costume any franchise film) but it's said to have a laugh-out-loud death scene. Not sure if that counts as "better."

x3 juggernaut costume was a huge wtf. thank god dp2 redeemed him even though we didn’t get the comic acurate look

I'll judge the movie myself and not based my opinion on rumors about test screenings. They might be accurate, and they might be trolls who have knives out for this movie.

In any case, the international trailer is finally up on YT and I watched it. Way better than the other two trailers. Not sure why that wasn't the one they released last week.

P.S. If what the international trailer implies is the case---
That Chastain is the Phoenix force
, it pretty much negates most of the claims the test screenings were horrendous since they all claimed something very different.

They might be accurate, and they might be trolls who have knives out for this movie.

It's subjective too. All the spoilers leaked might be true, but you might end up enjoying the execution of what they did.

Juggernaut in DP2 looked like slightly sub-standard CGI. An improvement over Vinnie Jones for sure but that wouldn't be difficult to achieve...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"