Rate the first trailer for Black Wid⧖w Trailer!

Reaction score
I'll give it a solid ⧖. Red Guardian's costume looks like it belongs to a Cw show and I'm not looking forward to a Black Wid⧖w legacy character. But its niceto see the og Black Wid⧖w in another movie. Even though this (and Hawkeye) should have been released before Avengers 2. Its better late than never. The movie looks well made and I'm just ready for another female led spy flick/cbm!

I liked it, it’s a mixture of Bourne, Mission Impossible, John Wick . I like seeing ScarJo back . I’m so intrigued to see the arc of Natasha’s past. Characters like Crimson Widow, taskmaster and the Red Guardian. I expect there are plenty of surprises in store.

Did they de-age William Hurt? Seems an odd choice unless they are retconning he’s always known Natasha.

Yeah they deaged him.

It looks good, but it also looks like it’s aping a bit too much from the Bourne series. It even has the obligatory car in reverse and pulls a 180 at full speed, along with running on rooftops in some foreign country, fighting in a cramped apartment, and the contemplative shot of looking into a mirror in the bathroom. :hehe:

But I’m excited for this. This is the movie I wanted since the first Avengers came out, so I’m totally down, and I can’t wait to see it in theaters. We should’ve gotten this before Endgame. Instead, we got the shoehorned Captain Marvel....for whatever reason?

The trailer is a solid 8.

Last edited:
I give it a 6.5 out of 10. It was ok.
Nothing terribly interesting or appealing. Kind of an assembly line MCU movie.

Hopefully the second trailer shows something more engaging.

It looks good, but it also looks like it’s aping a bit too much from the Bourne series. It even has the obligatory car in reverse and pulls a 180 at full speed, along with running/fighting on rooftops in some foreign country. :hehe:

But I’m excited for this. This is the movie I wanted since the first Avengers came out, so I’m totally down, and I can’t wait to see it in theaters. We should’ve gotten this before Endgame. Instead, we got the shoehorned Captain Marvel....for whatever reason?

The trailer is a solid 8.
Yeah this would have made more sense to come out before Infinity War but it is what it is.

7/10. Nothing earth shattering. Too bad this film didn't come out in an earlier phase. I'm very curious to see how they are going to market this film cause um She Dead.

I gave it a 5. I'll probably just skip it unless future trailers and info. make it seem more interesting.

It looks like a Jason Bourne/Mission Impossible, and those films bore me.

I give it a 6.5 out of 10. It was ok.
Nothing terribly interesting or appealing. Kind of an assembly line MCU movie.

Hopefully the second trailer shows something more engaging.

Yeah this for me also, was not hugely impressed

Pretty dope trailer in my opinion; captures a lot of the elements of the character and her world that I sort of expected for a while now. I'm not big on spy/secret agent flicks but the character of Black Widow and this sort of story operating in the MCU offers enough engaging stuff for me.

As for the timing of this, I feel like it makes more sense for this to be a post-Endgame release; the very story of this being a "last ride" type of thing for the character might've given too much of a hint to her death later on. It just seems better as a one-off sign-off, almost eulogy type of thing. But maybe I'm just too used to this being what it is.

The trailer's decent but some of the character designs (mainly Skullmaster but also Red Guardian's buffoonish look) and revisioned backstory involving a "family" just kind of skew my ability to rate the trailer for now.

Overall, ignoring everything pertaining to the character and just looking at it purely as a movie it would probably be a 7 as far as kid's/young adult movies go. I prefer a bit more edge in this kind of genre and would probably lower it to a 6 for that reason as far as 2019 big budget trailers go.

I think I'll give it a solid 8 for now, but it could go up or down a little. It did a really nice job of capturing Black Widow's personality and character, introducing us to the new characters, showing off the European setting, and was definitely effective in promoting itself as the MCU's first spy movie.

I gave it a seven. Red Guardian's goofy costume was perfect for an aging out-of-shape former super hero, and I loved White Widow. But Tasky was underwhelming in comicbook-isity and the debris dive reminded me of Full Throttle era Charlie's Angels. And right now I don't see myself being motivated to move my butt to the local multiplex to see a post mortem prequel. Hopefully the next one pops a bit more.

Pretty good trailer, liked the tone and look of it. Only thing bugging me is Taskmaster's design in the film.

Florence Pugh is always a plus.

This trailer versus today's James Bond trailer, which is better?

I gave it 7/10, it does it's job, but it's probably the first Marvel trailer that didn't totally blow me away. I hope it does well, and actually I hope they bring her back. Not to take away the character's sacrifice in Endgame, but it's hard enough not having Tony in the MCU future, and SJ, always did a great job as a supporting character in the other films. She always brought something new to each film, and I hope to see that continue in the future.

I also was not a huge fan of Taskmaster's design. it's actually kind of sad that he has a better conceptual design in the upcoming Avengers video game than he does in the MCU. We'll see how he turns out in the film.

I gave it 7/10, it does it's job, but it's probably the first Marvel trailer that didn't totally blow me away. I hope it does well, and actually I hope they bring her back. Not to take away the character's sacrifice in Endgame, but it's hard enough not having Tony in the MCU future, and SJ, always did a great job as a supporting character in the other films. She always brought something new to each film, and I hope to see that continue in the future.

I also was not a huge fan of Taskmaster's design. it's actually kind of sad that he has a better conceptual design in the upcoming Avengers video game than he does in the MCU. We'll see how he turns out in the film.

With the way things have been deflating into 1 Disneyfied mass consumer friendly Feige regime lately I wonder if Taskmaster's design will be altered in the game like last minute with the still images captured from the game so far re-visioned out of existence with no one remembering a thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"