Rate X-Men 3 - Without Spoilers Please

redmarvel

Red, White and Buxom
Reaction score
Ok folks, you just KNOW I had to do it.

Rate the movie and give a reason for your rating without a spoiler. If you must put in a spoiler, use the spoiler editing option to "black it out" for other folks.

Terrible.

not only does it s#!t all over one of the best stories in X-Men history, it's just a bad movie all over. the script is just awful, with glaring and painful leaps in logic, clichéd and corny dialogue all over the place, little to no character development and subplot that go absolutely NOWHERE...

yeah, there's the big action scene like some people wanted to see, but not only was it terribly shot, there's just nothing to care about.

I thought it was great. Certainly not a masterpiece but it was fun.

I voted "Great".

It's definatley not the best movie ever.

Definatley not the best superhero movie ever.

It's not even the best "X-Men" movie ever.

But it is a very good movie that is a fitting end to the X-Men trilogy.

Some things were done wrong, yes, but there was a lot that was done right. And the stuff that was done right was done really really right. The movie does some things better than X-Men and X2, although overall I'd say it's not as good as X2, but better than X-Men.

I voted "Good". It had tons of potential and fell short in some spots. Many potentially tear-jerking moments were glossed over too quickly, but still worked well enough. The action was fantastic and even though some people say it was over-the-top, I think this franchise needed a little more action. Overall, it was a decent end of the trilogy with moments of greatness.

I voted average. The fact that they did not do certain characters justice was very annoying. The action in the movie was very good, but I felt that the movie was extremely rushed. They did not have enough character development. There were areas for improvement but it was a decent popcorn summer action flick it did not have the substance of the other two. In the end there were several good parts, but I was extremely glad that there were hints to an X4.

I voted Great.While it is not the best superhero film, it was a pretty good film.Yeah it lacked major character development for certain characters *coughCYCLOPS&ANGELcough*, it was still a great action-packed film for the summer.:up:

"Really Bad". The first cardinal sin was having the biggest cast of any X-Film coupling it with a short running time. The second was
trying to tell the Dark Phoenix story while killing off the second most important character to it before it really got started.
The third was incorrectly portraying every major character except for Beast.

Top it all off with lazy writing, rushed and slipshod direction, and hammy, overcheesed acting by McKellen and others, and you get a really bad movie.

I'll have to vote it as great because it is a good movie but it's not the greatest superhero movie and not the greatest movie ever.

Great!!!! Not the best but certainly not the worst.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
I voted "Great".

It's definatley not the best movie ever.

Definatley not the best superhero movie ever.

It's not even the best "X-Men" movie ever.

But it is a very good movie that is a fitting end to the X-Men trilogy.

Some things were done wrong, yes, but there was a lot that was done right. And the stuff that was done right was done really really right. The movie does some things better than X-Men and X2, although overall I'd say it's not as good as X2, but better than X-Men.

:eek: Fitting End to the X-Men trilogy... :( That would mean no more X-Men movies... I hope you're wrong on that score.

"Really Bad"

The acting was mostly atrocious, I largely despised the story choices they made, and actually laughed at some scenes that were meant to be 'emotional'.

By no means a bad film. Far from being a great film. Above average to good thanks to the action.

-----------------------------Translation-------------------------------

Popcorn flick for the masses.

ummm...whoever put "worst movie ever" obviously hasn't seen many movies...

In my opinion it was good not great. There were parts of the movie that I found to be slow moving.

skorponok said:
ummm...whoever put "worst movie ever" obviously hasn't seen many movies...

Well, I'll say that no movie has ever made me as angry as this one did... I guess to some people that would mean "worst movie ever"...

I voted for poor..very dissapointing to what i expected...

Poor. But I agree with Cyclops in a way it's the worst.

Cyclops said:
Well, I'll say that no movie has ever made me as angry as this one did... I guess to some people that would mean "worst movie ever"...

What about the movie upsetted you so much.

iceberg325 said:
What about the movie upsetted you so much.

It bastardized the X-Men.
It bastardized their greatest story.

If it was just a bad movie, I wouldn't have cared. But a bad movie about the characters I love more than any other fictional characters just makes me angry.

Cyclops said:

If it was just a bad movie, I wouldn't have cared. But a bad movie about the characters I love more than any other fictional characters just makes me angry.

point taken lol.

I just learn to accpet these new movie storylines. Same goes for the comics and the animated series. The movies are not the only ones who change the storyline. Look at xmen the 90s cartoon. The take a look at the xmen evolution cartoon. Those have very different storylines.

Exactly what I tell you all the time. X3 was average for me. Just how it was done as far as character usage and it felt rushed. URGH! NOT X-MEN!

Cyclops said:

The very first of the X-Men movies did that already. Rogue as a sympathetic victim. :eek: C'mon in the comics she was a criminal that put Ms. Marvel in a coma. From the get go (when I heard about the black leather ala Matrix outfits) I knew this was not "Marvel's X-Men", this is "Fox's X-Men" and you just have to accept that and move on. Pretend there is no back history of the X-Men in the Marvel comics. We have to try to view and judge the movie on it's own merits not on our expectations/hopes for a "Marvel" movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"