• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Age of Ultron RDJ trying to get Mel Gibson into Avengers?

You got to love all the hate in here. I would love if Mel was in an Avengers film. Just to piss people off.

Let's see how it goes with Expendables 3 and if audiences are ready to watch Mel in a film again. I bet Marvel will be paying attention.

Can get him to be fun-crazy like he was in Lethal Weapon? I have no clue what character he would be, I just like fun-crazy Mel

I wish Gibson played Wolverine.

Back in the day when I first saw Lethal Weapon the first thing that popped in to my head during the final fight when Mel asked Gary Busey's character "do you want a shot at the title?" was just that. As it was happening I thought that was what a Wolverine VS Sabretooth battle would look like on the big screen minus the claws. The dream was alive even in the 80's!

I'd love to see Mel in a Marvel film. "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone." It's time to forgive the guy and move on. He stood by RDJ when he was low. We may never have seen RDJ as Stark without his aid. So, I'm so glad RDJ is a class act and loyal.

Personally, I'd have cast Mel instead of Robert Redford in his part in Winter Soldier.

I can kind of see him as Count Nefaria. Who along with Madame Masque, I think are the best bets for villains in a hypothetical IM4 if they do not want to revisit the Mandarin.

Mel Gibson should be in Expendables before being part of the MCU
I like Mel

Unless there's an extended torture scene involving his character, I don't see Mel being interested.

Back in the day when I first saw Lethal Weapon the first thing that popped in to my head during the final fight when Mel asked Gary Busey's character "do you want a shot at the title?" was just that. As it was happening I thought that was what a Wolverine VS Sabretooth battle would look like on the big screen minus the claws. The dream was alive even in the 80's!

I'd love to see Mel in a Marvel film. "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone." It's time to forgive the guy and move on. He stood by RDJ when he was low. We may never have seen RDJ as Stark without his aid. So, I'm so glad RDJ is a class act and loyal.

Personally, I'd have cast Mel instead of Robert Redford in his part in Winter Soldier.

well it's a good thing that you're not in that position. because that would have been a huge misstep. you would have cast Mel Gibson instead of Robert Redford in a political thriller? *sigh*

Foster in Avengers? Hell yes. Gibson in Avengers? Erm, no thanks, Sugar-****.

RDJ isn't lobbying for money any more, he's lobbying for power. If you allow him the ability to use the MCU to boost his friends' careers, he'll stick around. Smart guy. The next logical step, imho.

If you want RDJ as Tony to stick around, make Mel Gibson Kang. He will ride this train until it stops.

Mel Gibson as Yon-Rogg vs. Tom Hanks Mar-Vell.

You know you want to see it...

This is what Disney has 2 say

If you do Iron Man & Avengers until you retire. Then you can bring in all of your friends lol

Last edited:
I'd love for Mel to be in one of the Avengers. It would be a great catch to be honest.

his scenes were really the worst part of Machete Kills. and that's saying something when you consider that Lady Gaga was in it.

You got to love all the hate in here. I would love if Mel was in an Avengers film. Just to piss people off.

I was on the fence on Mel Gibson then he completely lost me forever with the "raped by a pack of N!&&$^" comment he made to this ex-girlfriend. It's like i can't enjoy him in movies any more because of it. I used to love Mel Gibson. The dude just has too much racist baggage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"