• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Rebecca" Remake from Netflix (Armie Hammer, Lily James)

I still need to watch the original (I know) before I check this out.

You may enjoy this more if you don’t see the original first. I mean, after Hitchcock and Laurence Olivier... the director of High-Rise and Armie “Lone Ranger” Hammer can’t really compete.

That was actually pretty good. I mean it's not Hitch, but I'm willing to give it a shot now. Seeing Mrs. Danvers and the look of Manderley gave me a good feeling.

Funny that Lily James is the New Mrs. De Winter, when that character is pretty much Cinderella all grown up.

I thought Hammer was good in J. Edgar. I haven't seen Call Me By Your Name which I guess makes me a bad gay.

He's good looking, plays Captain America, and is dating Lily James? **** you Evans.

Trailer incoming, apparently.

When are you going to finish your Hitchcock reviews? Then afterwards you can review all the Hitchcock remakes in the same thread, including this film.

Hammer is bad in everything. #comeatmecmbynstans :o
BrieLarsonLovesThisBeat_400.gif
Hammer is allegedly pretty bad in this.
Not that I would ever doubt this, but I especially don't doubt it here based on his delivery of that "little fool" line, because he sounds like he's in that Kevin Costner in Prince of Thieves realm of "I'm not sure if I want to seriously try an English accent or not."

Gotta say, I haaaaate the music in this trailer. It just feels all wrong to me. I hope that's just Netflix's doing and not reflective of the actual tone of the film, otherwise, no bueno. :yuk:

When are you going to finish your Hitchcock reviews? Then afterwards you can review all the Hitchcock remakes in the same thread, including this film.
I have ONE left. Let it simmer, dammit!! :argh: :oldrazz: No it's coming. Probably not this week, but maybe next week, depending on if my work opens back up as we've been prepping for or not.

I'm not sure if I want to watch all the Hitchcock remakes out there, but I'll certainly review the ones I do. :funny:

I have ONE left. Let it simmer, dammit!! :argh: :oldrazz: No it's coming. Probably not this week, but maybe next week, depending on if my work opens back up as we've been prepping for or not.

I'm not sure if I want to watch all the Hitchcock remakes out there, but I'll certainly review the ones I do. :funny:

There's Rebecca, A Perfect Murder, The 39 Steps (1959), The Thirty Nine Steps (1978), Psycho, Rear Window, the upcoming Strangers on a Train. Can't remember what else. I don't think there are too many.

Saboteur seems like a film that could be remade for modern audiences.

The ending of The Thirty Nine Steps (1978) seems more like a Hitchcock film than the Hitchcock original.

Last edited:
I watched the original last night. Overall, I loved it, but my god... I so wanted to do this to Mrs. Van Hopper:

vzwPDxD.gif

She was the worst. lol

Production values look good and the film itself looks like it's gonna rest on Lily James shoulders.

Only watched the first 20 minutes or so, will eventually get back some other time. Lily James is holding everything together tho, Hammer's awful accent. I wouldn't care if Lily James cheated on me with Dominic West, just give me every other weekend.

:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"