Xbox Redfall

The one plus point here is that with game pass, outright sales aren’t the only thing that’s important. Adding the kind of variety to game pass that pushes fans of this type of game to sub (along with whatever else game pass offers) is part of the plan. There is a bunch of niche stuff on game pass already and a lot more planned.
Gamepass is gonna be what saves this game especially considering the base price hasn't seen a drop since release. I'm having fun with it solo, but I wouldn't haven't bothered with it had it not been on gamepass. The game gets the vampire stuff right and the setting and story are interesting so far but there's still a lot of jank that'll hopefully get ironed out. There are people that bought deluxe editions that are owed content.

Gamepass is gonna be what saves this game especially considering the base price hasn't seen a drop since release. I'm having fun with it solo, but I wouldn't haven't bothered with it had it not been on gamepass. The game gets the vampire stuff right and the setting and story are interesting so far but there's still a lot of jank that'll hopefully get ironed out. There are people that bought deluxe editions that are owed content.
Yeah, I imagine it's the same with a big bunch of players who are only playing it because it's on game pass. Well great news on that at least. I much prefer vampire material to the way overdone zombie stuff. It will be quite a comeback if this game gets to a playable state with gamers enjoying it. I think I heard Roundhouse have been working on it in the last few months.

Yeah, I imagine it's the same with a big bunch of players who are only playing it because it's on game pass. Well great news on that at least. I much prefer vampire material to the way overdone zombie stuff. It will be quite a comeback if this game gets to a playable state with gamers enjoying it. I think I heard Roundhouse have been working on it in the last few months.
One last thing I'll say is the environmental storytelling here is great. I was doing a safe house quest and went into this abandoned house and learned how this vamp turned then murdered their whole family. It was its own little horror movie.

One last thing I'll say is the environmental storytelling here is great. I was doing a safe house quest and went into this abandoned house and learned how this vamp turned then murdered their whole family. It was its own little horror movie.
Nice, you've got me a lot more interested in trying this out down the line, after hopefully even more improvements.

View attachment 73044

Currently under 20 bucks and update 3 just hit.
Nice. :up: Maybe some more people will get involved now. Isn’t it on game pass still though? I did start a while back but just don’t have time to play right now. Assumed it would be on game pass for good.

Nice. :up: Maybe some more people will get involved now. Isn’t it on game pass still though? I did start a while back but just don’t have time to play right now. Assumed it would be on game pass for good.
It still is. I don't always keep my game pass going.

If I had nothing else to play it might tempt me but I have plenty of better games left to play first.
That's why I started playing it lol. I ran out of stuff to play and was curious. Now I'm 15 hours deep.

That's why I started playing it lol. I ran out of stuff to play and was curious. Now I'm 15 hours deep.
Are you playing it solo? I had a bunch of friends who've been playing it but I think most of them have completed it, at least the achievements anyway.

Are you playing it solo? I had a bunch of friends who've been playing it but I think most of them have completed it, at least the achievements anyway.
Yep solo. The biggest design flaw of this game in my time with it is I have found no real reason to play it with people. It's about a 20 hour experience alone. Adding three more people to that equation just doesn't seem like a good time to me because we're going to zoom through what's here. It feels like it went into production as a single player experience then was retrofitted to be multiplayer game.

Yep solo. The biggest design flaw of this game in my time with it is I have found no real reason to play it with people. It's about a 20 hour experience alone. Adding three more people to that equation just doesn't seem like a good time to me because we're going to zoom through what's here. It feels like it went into production as a single player experience then was retrofitted to be multiplayer game.
Oh right. I’d assumed it would have some live service elements that would repeat and get better loot/weapons etc. Otherwise I would have preferred they aimed super-high with the production standards as I live vampire stuff.

Oh right. I’d assumed it would have some live service elements that would repeat and get better loot/weapons etc. Otherwise I would have preferred they aimed super-high with the production standards as I live vampire stuff.
There's these Vampire dens that respawn that are supposed to function like that, but they're not particularly difficult. I'm sure they've got ideas for stuff down the road but it's not there yet. They're been aggressively addressing the AI issues at the moment. A lot video game pundits have disingenuous about the first three updates saying they don't add much but that's not the case at all. They're just Lazer focused on technical issues right now.

There's these Vampire dens that respawn that are supposed to function like that, but they're not particularly difficult. I'm sure they've got ideas for stuff down the road but it's not there yet. They're been aggressively addressing the AI issues at the moment. A lot video game pundits have disingenuous about the first three updates saying they don't add much but that's not the case at all. They're just Lazer focused on technical issues right now.
Nice. You think they’ll commit to keeping the game going a good while then?

Nice. You think they’ll commit to keeping the game going a good while then?
Probably, they still have people that paid for deluxe edition content that isn't coming until next year. I do think the game is salvageable especially with it on gamepass but that depends on how much money Microsoft wants to dump into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"