Xbox Redfall

Launch trailer

Always a good sign when your review embargo is either just before the game goes live, or just after. I think the confusion is also a bad sign.

Always a good sign when your review embargo is either just before the game goes live, or just after. I think the confusion is also a bad sign.

TBH that's very Bethesda.

Redfall Reviews

Oof. I kinda expected it but it's still a disappointment. Another SP dev fumbling into MP territory which surely what will happen to Rocksteady.

Redfall Reviews

Oof. I kinda expected it but it's still a disappointment. Another SP dev fumbling into MP territory which surely what will happen to Rocksteady.
64 Metacritic from 27 reviews. Not great. :csad:

I have friends lined up to play this and was going to get the Mrs involved as her first online co-op game. A shame about this and the 30 FPS issue. :(

Just glad it’s not £70 also wasted.

Not promising at all. I am definitely waiting on this one if I get it at all. I really liked Death Loop but this isn't a good look for Arkane.

Redfall Reviews

The push for live service games is getting annoying. Especially when so many of them fail anyway. Feels almost normal for them to at least be poor at launch and review poorly.

Definitely a disappointment. I think my friends and I will still play it, but we might wait at least until they add in 60fps (and hopefully some other patches along the way)

Damnnn... isn't this the first XboX Series X console eXclusive since Forza? 63 metacritic rating is just awful.

I'll wait until it's $30 or cheaper, and patched all the multitude of issues it seemingly has.

I love Arkane but I'm not touching this with until it's 20 bucks.

Damnnn... isn't this the first XboX Series X console eXclusive since Forza? 63 metacritic rating is just awful.

Wait which Forza? Because if you mean Horizon 5 then, no haha There have been loads of Xbox exclusives since then. I mean Pentiment and Hi Fi Rush have been 2 of my faves in ages and they were both in the last 6 months.

Wait which Forza? Because if you mean Horizon 5 then, no haha There have been loads of Xbox exclusives since then. I mean Pentiment and Hi Fi Rush have been 2 of my faves in ages and they were both in the last 6 months.
And both have been very well received among critics and players.

I love Arkane but I'm not touching this with until it's 20 bucks.
Ditto. I honestly hope Arkane goes back doing what they do best: single-player ImSim games.

I need that Prey sequel. :argh:

Hopefully this is the end of chasing trends and Arkane go back to what they’re best at. I’m still playing it with my group as it’s been arranged for ages and we love playing games in coop, but this kind of thing is a waste of Arkane’s talents.

I've said it before, but: developers and publishers both need to realize that "games as a service" is a tar pit. By definition, a given player cannot play nearly as many "lifestyle games" as other forms of video games, because by design they take over a large chunk of a person's life. That makes the market for them zero-sum in a way most video games aren't, which means its *impossible* for every competitor to win. And if only one game can "win" and four studios all release games, then at least three of them *will by definition lose*. Nobody has yet internalized that if only one contender can win, and I think my game will be the one, and Competitor B thinks theirs will be the one? Then either me or Competitor B *is mistaken*. And sure, I think its Competitor B who is making a mistake, my game is totally going to be better and win out. . . but Competitor B thinks *the exact same thing*.

It’s not only gamers who are turned off by non-premium GAAS, studios who were known for single player games could also see lower morale and people leaving en masse like this.

Tried this out after the second major update on gamepass last night. Maybe I'm getting soft in my older years or maybe I just expected something more overtly monetized than this is but Borderlands with vamps isn't too bad. I would have preferred a more Arkane style imsim set in this world but there's enough of that DNA here for me to have fun. I think we're kinda spouked with patch culture these days and I'm kinda here for it. Today's 5/10 can be a solid 7 or 8 with the time and updates.

Last edited:
Tried this out after the second major update on gamepass last night. Maybe I'm getting soft in my older years or maybe I just expected something more overtly monetized than this is but Borderlands with vamps isn't too bad. I would have preferred a more Arkane style imsim set in this world but there's enough of that DNA here for me to have fun. I think we're kinda with patch culture these days and I'm kinda here for it. Today's 5/10 can be a solid 7 or 8 with the time and updates.
I just want them to focus on what they do best: single-player ImSims. Gimme Dishonored 3 and Prey 2 already! :argh:

Tried this out after the second major update on gamepass last night. Maybe I'm getting soft in my older years or maybe I just expected something more overtly monetized than this is but Borderlands with vamps isn't too bad. I would have preferred a more Arkane style imsim set in this world but there's enough of that DNA here for me to have fun. I think we're kinda with patch culture these days and I'm kinda here for it. Today's 5/10 can be a solid 7 or 8 with the time and updates.
Glad to hear it's not an all out disaster then, and maybe patches can help make it playable.

I just want them to focus on what they do best: single-player ImSims. Gimme Dishonored 3 and Prey 2 already! :argh:
Well yeah, everyone should be doing what they do best rather than following misguided directions from above. Arkane were leaders in that area and if we can get to a point where they announce those 2 games or similar at a future showcase maybe they can get back on the right track.

The problem is business unfortunately. ImSims are my favorite genre and generally are critical darlings, but they don't sell. Dishonored 2 sold substantially less than its predecessor and Prey sold less than Dishonored 2. If we get a sequel to Prey, it'll be Microsoft throwing us one hell of a bone because it makes no sense financially. Hopefully, Arkane is allowed to keep doing what they're great at especially now that the Redfall experiment has failed but I understand from a business perspective why this game exists. I know Dishonored 3 got leaked but I'm not holding my breath for Prey 2.

Last edited:
The problem is business unfortunately. ImSims are my favorite genre and generally are critical darlings, but they don't sell. Dishonored 2 sold substantially less than its predecessor and Prey sold less than Dishonored 2. If we get a sequel to Prey, it'll be Microsoft throwing us one hell of a bone because it makes no sense financially. Hopefully, Arkane is allowed to keep doing what they're great at especially now that the Redfall experiment has failed but I understand from a business perspective why this game exists. I know Dishonored 3 got leaked but I'm not holding my breath for Prey 2.
The one plus point here is that with game pass, outright sales aren’t the only thing that’s important. Adding the kind of variety to game pass that pushes fans of this type of game to sub (along with whatever else game pass offers) is part of the plan. There is a bunch of niche stuff on game pass already and a lot more planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"