Resident Evil Wii announced.

Mentok

Avenger
Reaction score
Resident Evil, the Survival Horror King, is coming to Nintendo's Wii™!

Capcom Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce that the development of a new game in the Resident Evil franchise is underway for Nintendo's next-generation Wii system.

The Resident Evil series, which began in 1996, has helped to propel the survival horror genre into the mainstream. The series has shipped over 30 million units (as of March 31st, 2006) and continues to entertain fans worldwide.

The intense story and cutting-edge graphics have combined to create a deep gaming world that has even been expanded into non-gaming media such as the Hollywood movie series of Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Apocalypse, each earning over 100 million dollars at the box-office. The most recent game in the series, Resident Evil 4, has been honored with the Award of Excellence at the 9th CESA Game Awards and the Game of the Year Award at the 1st Famitsu Awards, further demonstrating the worldwide recognition of the game's top-notch quality.

The next-generation console Wii is garnering much attention with its groundbreaking new controller. The new Resident Evil game for the console will combine the series' intense gaming experience and atmosphere with the revolutionary control system of the Wii.

As always, Capcom will continue to strive to produce great new game titles and expand its appeal to a broader audience across the globe.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Resident Evil Wii...good name for RE junior. :D:up:

Dang I really don't want to have to buy 3 consells. PS3,xbox360,and wii dang I need a job.:(

RE4 on the GC was the best. A new RE on Wii will be like sex.

Yup, and seeing how most people (except the ones in denial) agree that the Wii is outstanding even with graphics only a little better then the cube, this version will sell better then pancakes.

I think this just about sold me.

Shame Hellboy wont be on wii...imagine wielding the right hand of doom!

But nonetheless, very cool. I wonder if it will be RE5 or an exclusive game?

this is probably going to be closer to the crappy Resident Evil: Dead Aim games then the wonderful Resident Evil 4.

just look at the "innovative" new Resident Evil on the DS.

Mentok said:
RE4 on the GC was the best. A new RE on Wii will be like sex.
The only reason why I bought a GC

I suppose you could always use the shell or GC controller. But this is ****ing sweet provided it stays close to the GC set-up. RESIDENT EVIL 5!!! HELL YES!!!!

I'm not going to expect much from this until I see something. RE5 for the 360 and PS3 will probably be a better bet. It has the potential to be great though. But I think it'll be more like Dead Aim, then the good, main storyline RE games.

jaydawg said:
I suppose you could always use the shell or GC controller. But this is ****ing sweet provided it stays close to the GC set-up. RESIDENT EVIL 5!!! HELL YES!!!!
Definetly neither of those. The analog has two buttoms, plus the wii-mote, which has 6 buttons (not counting A and B at bottom). Thats more then enough for a RE game. The control scheme will blow away any other RE game EVER. Guarunteed. I was already going to buy a Wii, this just sold it to me even harder. Yes, harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"