• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Resident Evil 6

I know what you mean, its almost as if 4 was a bridge the gap story than anything, just filling in details for 5. I think it was the better game though, it kept the atmosphere a thousand times over 5, and was truly fresh. 5's inconsistencies with ally AI killed it for me a little, but that's only because I should have played it through co-op.
The only times I was truly bothered by the AI was when your on the conveyor belts with the failed experiments and Sheva wasn't smart enough to wait for the crates to go by so I spent 15 minutes trying to herd her into where she was supposed to be and the other time I was annoyed with the AI was the first [BLACKOUT]Wesker [/BLACKOUT] fight. I wanted her to have more ammo and she kept running away and I wanted the magnum shells she picked up but the ***** kept running off. Very annoying. Other than that she played pretty solid. I kept her using the machine guns as much as possible. It seemed like any other gun and she was wasting ammo like crazy with it.

RE5 may have dealt with Umbrella, but after all these years RE4 was fresh because it did not have Umbrella or zombies. The other thing is that RE4 did feel m ore like a RE game in the sense that it actually was creepy, had some scare jumps and atmosphere, particularly in the castle, that screamed Resident Evil. Running around the woods, small village or a post-industrial plant in the rain with monsters on fire jumping out at you or hearing the shriek of a regenerator had that classic "Oh ****," RE feeling, even if it played more like an actioner.

RE5 had Wesker and Umbrella (which was more menacing I thought in RE4, because you didn't know what they were up to, except Ada and Krauser worked for Wesker and were up to something bad, this is driven home when Ada steals the Las Plagas sample), but RE5 really did not have those scares or intensity of the previous games, including RE4. It was a straight up action game.

It was also the best action game I've played in the last few years, so that's okay.

Sheva's most annoying AI moment for me was the first chain gun battle. She wouldn't get behind cover, and instead just waited behind me. I had to get my brother to come in and take over, because she was just simply not capable of doing it.

God the Regenerators were so creepy. If you didn't know to unlock that scope before they showed up, you were pretty much boned. Those things were the one thing in RE4 that really scared me. While I was happy to see Lickers back in RE5, I missed the Regenerators.
I wish RE4 had more of those freaky style enemies. They were a huge waste of ammo withought sniper rounds and the infrared scope though. And when they were on the ground and then popped onto Leons neck, it scared the hell out of me, even though I knew it was coming.

And I'd like over the shoulder to stay, but not AI that covers up the inability to move and shoot. If the zombies are slow again, I guess it won't matter.

http://www.psu.com/Resident-Evil-6-could-take-up-to-eight-years,-says-Kawata-News--a006783-p0.php

Apparently, they are predicting a long development for RE6.

Capcom’s Masachika Kawata has admitted that development of Resident Evil 6 could take anywhere in the region of four to eight years.

Speaking to The Gadget Show, the Resident Evil 5 producer confirmed that a sixth instalment in the long running horror franchise has yet to be decided, hinting that fans may have an arduous wait on their hands.
“We haven’t decided whether we’re going to make Resident Evil 6 yet,” said Kawata “But if we do, it could take anywhere up to eight years, but hopefully only four.”

All we know so far is that Resident Evil 6 will offer a complete overhaul for the series, though quite how Capcom intends to go about this is anyone’s guess. The company previously hinted that there's a chance the zombies may make a return, though for all we know it could be something entirely different altogether.

Yea i posted this in the other RE thread. I hope its not an 8 yr off time. A 4 year i can kind of live with, i mean i did it this past time. Whatever happens im sure itll be worth the wait.

Ugh, why do that take so long! A potential 8 year wait for something that'll take me a week to complete? :(

Haha, you'll all be middle aged and looked at as weirdos playing a video game by the time it comes out. :o

Unless it's so cool that everyone from junior to grandma is playing it.

I really hope they don't add too many new characters.

For once, I'd like to see Leon and Chris partnered up.

Eh, they'll likely go with the male-female partnership again... As usual. :p

If they really need 8 years, we might already have the PS4 by that time.

Maybe Leon will team up with Claire for one more scrimmage against the undead.

Also, Tofu & Hunk must return.

Last edited:
Maybe Leon will team up with Claire for one more scrimmage against the undead.

Also, Tofu & Hunk must return.

Thats what im hoping for. Leon and Claire.

Speaking of HUNK. I hope they release him as a DLC for mercs mode.

And you thought....the original cut of the game was bad...

''Barry! Proceed with your own judgement!"

I haven't even had time to pick up RE5 :(

I'm picking up the old school games to play through them again from Zero to 4. Started playing Zero and jesus, now I remember why that one is my least favorite of the series.

I'm picking up the old school games to play through them again from Zero to 4. Started playing Zero and jesus, now I remember why that one is my least favorite of the series.

Yea, i wasnt too crazy about 0 either, but fear not man cuz next up is the REmake and that game is GOLDEN!

I hope they bring back most of the main characters as playables. Im looking at Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, Sheva and a new male character. Start the game off with Chris, Jill and Sheva, all a part of BSAA working together to stop another incident by Tricell and early on have them meet up with Claire and Leon and stumble upon the new character. From this point on, have the game take place in different locations with different pairs of characters working together and give the player some choices on how they proceed. Might be kinda hard to implement but could be interesting if they did.

I hope they bring back most of the main characters as playables. Im looking at Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, Sheva and a new male character. Start the game off with Chris, Jill and Sheva, all a part of BSAA working together to stop another incident by Tricell and early on have them meet up with Claire and Leon and stumble upon the new character. From this point on, have the game take place in different locations with different pairs of characters working together and give the player some choices on how they proceed. Might be kinda hard to implement but could be interesting if they did.

I really like that, if for nothing else than because it reunites all my fav characters.

Id like to have the game start out having Claire doing some non-profit type aid work in a place that was hit with a viral outbreak due to the T-Virus and or Las Plagas being sold on the black market. Then have something go wrong with her operation and the BSAA is sent it. Have Chris and Jill sent in, maybe they link up with Leon who is on a joint assignment for the US Secret Service. I don't know. All i know is that id love to see Chris back, id love to see Claire and Leon reunited and id love the ability to choose who you team up with. Say Chris and Leon teams up while Jill and Claire team up or vice versa etc etc.

How old would Barry even be by now? The recent RE games have progressed in real time with RE5 taking place over 10 years from the first. Barry would be what like in his 50s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"