Ridley Scott bashing Superhero Movies...SCREW HIM !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWars

Civilian
Reaction score
Anyone see this article recently ?? He is bragging about how he turns down superhero movies all the time, then proceeds to bash them to say they dont have a 'story', then to top it off says cinema is 'dead'.

Screw this guy !!!!!

Superhero movies made cinema richer than EVER !!! I am BIG into cinema based off of superhero films. Superman & Batman 89 got me into film.

Then, it exploded with fantastic movies. I loved 12/14 MCU movies. Deadpool and X-Men DOFP were both great.

What arrogance of this guy. Yes, he made Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, and Legend. I love those films. But 2 are sci fi, 1 is fantasy, the other is historical piece. A Good Year, Prometheus, Exodus: Gods and Kings, The Counsellor, Robin Hood were ALL GARBAGE !!! You think those were 'interesting' and inspirational ? No, they failed, no one came to see them, no one cared you directed them. Why did they fail ? Because the stories sucked, they were boring.

And by the way - Ridley went BACK to Alien franchise just to stay relevant because his movies bombed so bad. So he went back against his will to do Prometheus, which no one liked....Then when people realize he sucks now, he starts another Alien movie, 'more alien' than prometheus. And the trailer looks like garbage, man.. It looks like a pathetic attempt to get Alien back in the mainstream franchise films.

Sorry for the rant, the arrogance on this guy makes me angry. The last 10 Marvel movies were better than the last 10 Ridley Scott films.

Last edited:
Alejandro G. Iñárritu and Alejandro Jodorowsky hate superhero movies. Will there be a thread on them?

Mel Gibson, Steven Spielberg, George Lucas...quite a few directors don't like superhero movies.

What an odd, hysterical thread to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back