Ridley Scott is Considering Alien Prequel/Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/04/28/ridley-scott-is-considering-alien-prequelreboot/

20th Century Fox head Tom Rothman revealed to IESB that there is “some talk” of an Alien “prequel” to go along with the recently announced Robert Rodriguez-produced Predator reboot Predators. Rothman confirms that director Ridley Scott is “toying around with the idea.” And the Fox head gives the impression that another Alien movie, be it sequel, prequel or reboot, would only happen with Scott’s involvement.

I remember reading an interview with Scott where the filmmaker expressed interest in making a prequel that would explore the origins of the space jockey and the Aliens. At one point James Cameron was working on an origin story for a fifth Alien film, but abandoned the development when Aliens vs. Predator was announced. Sigourney Weaver has publicly expressed interest in doing a sequel, but it wouldn’t make sense to include her character in an origin story. But who knows, maybe Ridley is “toying” with some kind of reboot/prequel combo.

Lol! I tend to agree ^

It's better than Fox hiring some crappy director to do it.

Ridley is probably just playing around with Rothman and one day will walk into his office with this poster
Alien_Vs_Predator.jpg

then tell Rothman to go **** himself.
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/chenderson132321/Alien_Vs_Predator.jpg

Yet another sign that they are truly running out of ideas.

I wouldnt be surprised if both the Alien and Predator remakes/reboots...whatever....will be PG-13 s**t fests.

Ugh.

Great. Another needless remake of a classic film.

As long as Ridley is involved, I'll remain optimistic. :up:

It was destined to happen. Fox already has plans to reboot Fantastic four and Planet of the Apes. X-Men is the only franchise that Fox hasn't completely run into the ground.

It's a stupid idea and Fox won't be getting my money. You can't remake a classic like Alien. It can't have the same suspense as the first film because a lot of the tension felt by an audience was based on the unknown.

It was destined to happen. Fox already has plans to reboot Fantastic four and Planet of the Apes. X-Men is the only franchise that Fox hasn't completely run into the ground.

At least not til this Friday...

:csad: All I saw was "Ridley Scott" and "Alien" and I got so excited that I didnt even notice the Prequel/Reboot part.

Heres what Scott should do: whatever the **** he feels like. And anytime Rothman or one of his cronies comes to the set, just make it seem like a reboot. Like, say, if you bring Weaver back, just hide her for a few hours and bring in Jessica Alba and tell Rothman that she's the new Ripley. Just imagine his response... "I like the direction this is taking, Ridley. Carry on." and then as soon as he leaves, tell Alba to hit the bricks.

Do it, Ridley, DO IT!!!

Or he could bite the bullet for mankind and kill Rothman with corrosive acid.

Or he could bite the bullet for mankind and kill Rothman with corrosive acid.

That too. Though Rothman may not be able to be killed by human means...

I watched the interview with Tom Rothman about Alien and other possible bad ideas and he is got to be drunk! He is all over the place and saying everyone is "great" blah blah blah...he is a *****e!

Wait did he say reboot! :csad::csad::csad::csad::csad::csad::csad::csad::csad::csad:

This is my favorite film of all time and he wants to reboot it?! F*** you Rothman, final straw!

It's not a reboot though. I don't have any inside scoop but I remember a report about Ridley saying, "if there was any part of Alien I would want to go back into it would be before my movie." As in where they are from...blah blah blah...either way as long as he isn't remaking it I am happy bc he has lost a little bit of magic lately. I mean c'mon he is doing a Monopoly movie!

Last edited:
No need for a reboot... I just want to see Aliens vs Commandos , it could be cool again.

Well, it can't be worse than AVP, can it? Can it?

I'll wait and hear more before determining that this is a reboot/remake. So far from the sounds of it, just like Predators, it's going to still be in the same continuity as the original films but be a reboot in the sense that it's a new beginning for the franchise and a fresh new take. Sorta like how Superman Returns was.

Wow. This is like...a few years too late. Go to hell Fox.

And we don't need a reboot tbh.

Is it possible to have a reboot taking place in the same continuity as the establised series? I've seen Rob Cohen call The Mummy 3 and McG call Terminator 4 reboots as well.

If that's the case, let Ridley do his thing. He's probably got the upper hand on Fox after the whole Kingdom of Heaven debacle anyway. So their not likely to try and rape his movies in the editing room anymore.

I gotta admit with Predators, the Alien prequel, the third Narnia film, and Avatar, it kinda seems like Fox is trying to improve themselves somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"