• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Riots in Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you get it?

As long as these protesting continue, these criminal people will be there to ruin everything, EVERY night! Yes, EVERY NIGHT!!!

I don't know what else can these police do? They don't know who is or isn't a criminal!

Clearly, you can't take this police presence away people. Cuz I can GUARANTEE you they will loot and riot, and burn the city down when there are NO police!

Last edited:
I'm honestly not against these idiots in Ferguson burning their own city to the ground. "If you can't treat it nicely, you don't deserve it..."

Regarding that gunshot, it seems there is some dude barricaded in a house with an assault rifle!

Well, I will respectfully disagree with you.

I don't think it makes sense when the world is watching, police will show themselves to be law-breakers, and willingfully showing that ugly side to the world. But you do.

On the other hand, I think it makes perfect sense a criminal can do dumb things like ran toward the officer like a bull. But you don't.

Let's agree to disagree!!!
You are not respectfully disagreeing. You are literally ignoring evidence, fact. This is some Fox News stuff right here.

I'm honestly not against these idiots in Ferguson burning their own city to the ground. "If you can't treat it nicely, you don't deserve it..."

I am actually more worried that these criminals will assault innocent citizens, rob them, and all the horrible things, without the police presence!

You CAN'T take the police away!!!

I am actually more worried that these criminals will assault innocent citizens, rob them, and all the horrible things, without the police presence!

You CAN'T take the police away!!!

If I was a citizen of this town, I'd ditch as soon as the end of last week...

Don't you get it?

As long as these protesting continue, these criminal people will be there to ruin everything, EVERY night! Yes, EVERY NIGHT!!!

I don't know what else can these police do? They don't know who is or isn't a criminal!

Clearly, you can't take this police presence away people. Cuz I can GUARANTEE you they will loot and riot, and burn the city down when there are NO police!
I can't imagine how you'd have handled the Civil Rights Movement.

"Can't you see your can't peacefully protest. The criminals will ruin everything."

Don't you get it?

And having the people who are supposed to looking out for civilians escalating the situation IS NOT HELPING. Pointing guns at everybody IS NOT HELPING. Even the military's like, "Yo dudes, don't point a gun at someone unless you're about to pull the trigger." They learn this stuff when fighting actual insurgents (who are trying to kill them) by winning the hearts of the townspeople. That is the only way to win a war when you don't know who's the bad guy among them - you win the trust and hearts of the people.

But these cops are just walking around pointing guns at civilians! Even soldiers will tell you, that's not what you do in a civilian area.

Trust in the police in Ferguson is at an all-time low. Trust means taking a chance and showing some vulnerability. Trust DOES NOT look like body armor, riot gear, or tear gas. That is the opposite of trust. It looks like martial law.

I mean, dude. There are car fires and looting in Los Angeles when the Lakers lose OR win. Does it warrant a citywide curfew? No. Not even after the LA riots, there isn't a damn citywide curfew when people have a demonstration.

No, I think it clearly means your character is not that great when your 'selfie' is you looking like a thug and a gun in your hand.
What does a thug look like?

Rednecks post pictures of themselves posing with guns all the time.

Lots of white suburban kids flash gang signs in pictures these days.

Don't you get it?

You could stand to calm down a little. Every single post doesn't have to read like a breathless panicky rant.

The parallels between this and the 2011 riots in England are quite striking to someone who remembers the latter. The difference seems to be that the Ferguson situation doesn't appear to be becoming a nationwide phenomenon.

Rednecks post pictures of themselves posing with guns all the time.

Lots of white suburban kids flash gang signs in pictures these days.

OBVIOUSLY if they are black they look like a thug....right?
:)

indiana-jones-and-the-temple-of-doom-1984-01-630-75_zps55dbe840.jpg

The parallels between this and the 2011 riots in England are quite striking to someone who remembers the latter. The difference seems to be that the Ferguson situation doesn't appear to be becoming a nationwide phenomenon.

Most of the rioting and looting in 2011 was scallies taking advantage of what was a momentary collapse of law and order.

People have never needed much or a reason to go on a tear up in England.

There was pro-Palestine people in Birmingham and a few northern towns wrecking stuff in Tesco because they sold Israeli products the other day

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Gaza-protestors-wreak-havoc-Tesco-store.html

So Tomorrow comes the Grand Jury.

The preliminary evidence - ballistics, medical autopsies, the Cops statement and witness statements on either "side"- The Brown shot in the back turned to surrender on his knees, which the media has been playing up - And the Cop gave chase gun drawn, Brown turned to attack account- Which media ignored but we ourselves have heard one clear as day example of, from an eye witness, independently corroborating the cops story. And they probably have collected more actual eye witnesses corroborating what the Cop said that we haven't heard yet.
And finally whatever federal investigators have gathered, etc...
It all goes to the grand jury tomorrow -
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08/18/grand-jury-could-hear-michael-brown-case-evidence-wednesday/

Prosecuting Attorney Bob McCulloch is overseeing the case that will determine whether Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson faces criminal charges

On top of that, Obama has sent Attorney General Eric Holder (who authorized the federal autopsy) to watch over the whole thing (wonder what part of town he is staying in) - http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-08-18-16-42-38

Unlike us, he probably already knows the outcome based on the evidence presented, and has prepared a speech to stem as much violence as possible.

Now make what you will of this, but in anticipation of the results the Justice Department dispatched their "peacekeeping unit" to Ferguson. Whoever the frak they are???? :wow:
Link - http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/08/18/6051523/justice-department-dispatches.html?rh=1
Could be just a precaution, could be they are anticipating the worst?

Either the cop is exonerated on “justified shooting" , or he is arrested on "murder" charges.
I imagine unless this cop is absolutely charged with and arrested on murder charges, they expect all hell to break loose!
Either way, I pray for that community.

I'm guessing there will be no satisfaction unless there is anything but a "murder" charge and arrest.

Last edited:
So Tomorrow comes the Grand Jury.

The preliminary evidence - ballistics, medical autopsies, the Cops statement and witness statements on either "side"- The Brown shot in the back turned to surrender on his knees, which the media has been playing up - And the Cop gave chase gun drawn, Brown turned to attack account- Which media ignored but we ourselves have heard one clear as day example of from an eye witness, independently collaborating the cops story. And they probably have collected more witnesses testifying to what the Cop said that we haven't heard yet.
And finally whatever federal investigators have gathered, etc...
It all goes to the grand jury tomorrow -
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08/18/grand-jury-could-hear-michael-brown-case-evidence-wednesday/

Obama has sent Attorney General Eric Holder (who authorized the federal autopsy) to watch over the whole thing (wonder what part of town he is staying in) - http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-08-18-16-42-38
Unlike us, he probably already knows the outcome based on the evidence presented, and has prepared a speech to stem as much violence as possible.

Make what you will of this, but in anticipation of the results the Justice Department dispatched their "peacekeeping unit" to Ferguson. Whoever the frak they are???? [SHOCK]
Link - http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/08/18/6051523/justice-department-dispatches.html?rh=1
Could be just a precaution, could be they are anticipating the worst.

Either the cop is exonerated on “justified shooting" , or he is arrested on "murder" charges.
I imagine unless this cop is absolutely charged with and arrested on murder charges they expect all hell to break loose!
Either way, i pray I pray fro that community.
I'm guessing there will be no satisfaction unless there is anything but a "murder" charge and arrest

Now if the truth turns out that Brown charged at the officer do the protestors accept it? or do they still blame the police?

Now if the truth turns out that Brown charged at the officer do the protestors accept it? or do they still blame the police?

Don't know, I just hope the evidence presented is clear either way.
If the cop is found guilty, I hope he's arrested and convicted quickly, so everyone can start rebuilding, beginning with their police force.
Who everyone needs to feel actually represents them, their interests and are people they can trust.
GJ may just call for his immediate arrest, I actually hope that's the case, so the building starts.
But if that's not where the evidence points too, "blame" is going to be a lot harder to assign.
Some will look outward, some will look in.

Last edited:
it was conveyed quite earnestly in this thread that witness accounts are "garbage!" :halo:

I mean, they pretty much are and they need to be corroborated by the forensic evidence and should not be taken at face value.

I'd like to know why he shot him six times, instead of going for his nonlethal weapons. Remember, Brown was unarmed and a good distance away.

I believe the police department said the body was 30 feet from the cop car, which is where the officer was apparently standing. If that is true, that means even if Brown was charging, he was a long ways away when he started, as he was far away when he stopped.

I'd like to know why he shot him six times, instead of going for his nonlethal weapons. Remember, Brown was unarmed and a good distance away.

If the officer was being charged at, then he's justified pulling out whatever weapon he has on hand to bring that guy down, sorry. 30-feet is nothing for any young man in good health to cover at running speed, and this isn't Final Fantasy, where the game pauses temporarily while you choose a weapon from your pull-down inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"