• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Action-Adventure Rob Cohen to remake Road House

I honestly thought all the villains were a bit too cartoony for my taste especially Connor McGregor who felt like a character from an entirely different film, but Gyllenhaal's charisma was on point.

He makes the movie more than watchable, and the fight scenes are pretty solid despite the unnecessary CGI but the original film just had so much more going for it IMO.

It's a pretty decent remake overall though.

Were all of McGregor's lines ADR? Sounded like it.

5/10

Didn’t care for this. I’m convinced most of the actors didn’t know what type of movie this was supposed to be. Tonally all over the place, irritating performances and wonky fight scenes.

Love Conor McGregor in this film...he is basically just acting like himself but he makes a good villain all be it he is comic relief

9e9decaf839e2fef8df44530c30e0ac0a0afe01f.gif

tumblr-d0e65a2d587bf82a07b3521e8b8eba5d-a74a63ed-540.gif

Well, I guess the upside to Conor McGregor becoming a movie star despite lacking any ability to act is that it will hopefully keep him from running for president of Ireland and turning it into a fascist state.

Dumb fun, yes. But worth it for the music alone. Loved all the bands, especially my beloved CC Adcock doing his "Pork chop" during the big bar brawl. I watched it for him alone but wasn't bored with the rest.

Watched this last night. It wasn't as bad as I feared overall, though it's by no means a great film. Gyllenhaal was really good in his role, the fight scenes were very well done, enjoyed the music and the overall tone of the film. Villains were a bit cartoony, plot was flimsy at times, and it was a tad predictable. It certainly won't be seen more favourably than the original.

McGregor though. I feel like everyone else got a script labelled "Road House", and his said "American Pie 5", with him playing a more mature and violent Stifler. I do seriously wonder if he was coked to the eyeballs during filming. The only good thing about his performance was that he really did come across as unhinged, which gave his character a certain aura of danger/unpredictability I guess.

Loved this movie...watched it on my streaming box at home and to think I was actually entertained watching this remake and the 1989 film with Swayze & Terry Funk was a classic. This movie rivals that or even surpasses it.

I legitimately laughed out loud at this part
Conor is such a character because he doesn't even have to act...he can literally be himself in just about any role and he would make anyone laugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"