Rob Zombie in Talks to Direct Biopic of Groucho Marx's Last Years

nite-owl

Avenger
Reaction score
Rob Zombie is ready to expand beyond the horror genre. Zombie and Miranda Bailey have acquired the rights to Steve Stoliar’s memoir Raised Eyebrows: My Years Inside Groucho’s House. Love & Mercy co-writer Oren Moverman will write the screenplay and Zombie is attached to direct. Cold Iron Pictures’ Miranda Bailey and Amanda Marshall are producing along with Zombie and Andy Gould.

The book tells the bizarre story of the last years in the life of Groucho Marx, told by a young Marx Brothers fan who spent those years as his personal secretary and archivist. In addition to getting to know his hero, the author found himself in the orbit of Groucho’s brothers Zeppo and Gummo, Mae West, George Burns, Bob Hope, Jack Lemmon, S.J. Perelman, Steve Allen, and scores of other luminaries of stage, screen, TV and literature. The downside of this dream-come-true was getting close to his idol as the curtain was coming down, and dealing with Erin Fleming – the mercurial woman in charge of Groucho’s personal and professional life.

http://deadline.com/2015/06/rob-zom...ws-my-years-inside-grouchos-house-1201446496/

I admit I didn't see this coming.

What the.....

But if he seriously has an affinity for his stylings, it could very well be good.

Let me guess . . . Groucho, Zeppo, and Gummo are going to be depicted as unlike-able, white trash, redneck deuche bags.

If he's dealing with real historical figures, I'm hoping he reigns that kind of s*** in significantly. Time will tell.

I don't think he'll turn this into his usually stuff. He's a HUGE Marx Bros fans. Most of the characters in House of 1K corpses and The Devil's Rejects were named after Marx Bros characters. The fact that the characters use Groucho names was actually a plot point in TDR. I think Zombie will do a fine job.

Sherri moon zombie as groucho?i'm in.:woot:

I don't think he'll turn this into his usually stuff. He's a HUGE Marx Bros fans. Most of the characters in House of 1K corpses and The Devil's Rejects were named after Marx Bros characters. The fact that the characters use Groucho names was actually a plot point in TDR. I think Zombie will do a fine job.

He's a huge Halloween fan too. Look how that turned out.

I have to be honest - I like Rob. I kinda liked his first Halloween. Hey at least it wasn't generic. But the second one was meh.

The Devil's Rejects is still his masterpiece.

yeah he gets singled out for whatever reason.

I don't understand. Carpenters first Halloween is amazing, but other than that the series is not exactly the gold standard of film series quality. If anything Zombie's Halloween is one of the better Halloween films.

I really wish Zombie did that hockey movie he was planning on directing a few years ago.

Second was garbage, but the first one wasn't that bad. I mean, most of the Halloween films are absolutely dog****.

Second one was beyond garbage. More like pure dogs**t. The first one was also total crap. No suspense, poor pacing, all that other crap. Maybe it's slightly better than the sequel, but that's not saying much.

Anyway, all RZ ever seems to do is vulgar redneck BS. House Of 1000 Corpses, Devil's Rejects, Halloween, Halloween II, all of it is the same crap with the same people over and over again.

Second one was beyond garbage. More like pure dogs**t. The first one was also total crap. No suspense, poor pacing, all that other crap. Maybe it's slightly better than the sequel, but that's not saying much.

Anyway, all RZ ever seems to do is vulgar redneck BS. House Of 1000 Corpses, Devil's Rejects, Halloween, Halloween II, all of it is the same crap with the same people over and over again.

The Lords of Salem wasn't redneck BS. It was a very weird movie, but certainly did not have the same tone as House or Devils' Rejects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"