Rock Band

Raiden

Wakanda Forever
Reaction score
According to Gamespot, Rock Band for Wii will arrive on June 22. Here's the article:

Rock Band is ready for an encore. After chart-topping performances on the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360, the Harmonix-developed rhythm is set to bow on Nintendo's Wii. Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello had already revealed the latest platform for the game in an investor conference call earlier this year, but today the publisher--along with MTV Games and Harmonix--announced the game's release date, June 22.

The Wii edition of Rock Band will launch in the US and Canada as a special edition bundle including the game, drums, microphone, and a wireless guitar peripheral. Although stand-alone instruments will be available on day one, there were no announced plans for an unbundled edition of the game.

Similarly up in the air was the game's downloadable content scheme. Gamers have downloaded more than 6 million add-on songs for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Rock Band, but Harmonix, MTV Games, and EA have shown a willingness to forgo that added revenue stream, as the PS2 edition doesn't support downloads. Regardless of whether Wii owners get to purchase new songs, the game will come with an extra five songs in its initial set list, pushing the number of tracks included in the bundle to 63.

Like downloadable songs, online play is a staple of the Xbox 360 and PS3 editions of Rock Band, but was left out of the PlayStation 2 version. As of press time, representatives with Electronic Arts, Harmonix, and MTV Games had not returned inquiries into the specific feature set of Rock Band for the Wii.

[UPDATE]: A Harmonix representative addressed a few questions about the Wii edition of Rock Band on the game's official forums. According to the post, "The feature-set is a lot closer to the PS2 version of Rock Band which was also developed by Pi Studios." That version did not support online play or downloadable content.

[UPDATE 2]: A Harmonix representative further detailed Wii Rock Band release plans for GameSpot, noting that a stand-alone version of the software will also arrive on June 22 and explaining the decision to pare down the game's feature set.

"The Wii version still contains the robust four-player band experience and all the fun at the core of other versions of Rock Band," the representative said. "However, because the Wii's online capabilities and potential have yet to be fully realized, we wanted to wait before we explored online functionality for Rock Band to ensure that players get the high-quality of online performance they've come to expect."

I'm excited to get RB for Wii, but these statements pissed me off because we will be getting RB without DLC nor online gameplay. I will still get this game, since right now my wife will not let me buy another console system, but I'm definitely not happy about the shortcomings of the Wii version.

YES! I've been waiting for this!!!

im not gonna get this, and here is why

rock band 2 will have everything wireless, and the wii version will be online. part of the joy of rock band on ps3 and 360 is the downloaded songs that updated weekly . thats one main thing that makes this game fun, with out it... well its alot of cash for a game that youll get bored with in a week.

im a huge wii supporter, but... this game is just better on the other systems because of online options. hopefully they add it to rock band 2

Actually they're not making Rock Band 2. They've stated that to them, Rock Band is a platform unto itself. So no Rock Band 2 till Xbox 3/PS4/Wii 2.

There will be expansions, ala Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80's, which will be compatible with the DLC. But, we dont know yet whether these expansions will be new content, or simply the DLC put on disc for people without online.

I'm passing on this. We play Rock Band at my friends room all the time on the PS2 and this will pretty much be the same thing. As a matter in fact I just recently played it.

I've officially decided to buy Rock Band for the PS2 this summer, once I'm out of school. We play it sometimes in my RA's room...and man oh man...this game kicks my ass. I want it so bad

It's fun, but after playing it for a while I've come to realise that it's the exact same game as Guitar Hero and Singstar with drums added. I'm downright surprised that Activision and Sony haven't tried to claim plagarism.

Seeing as Harmonix created Guitar Hero, and make Rock Band, that claim wouldnt really hold up. And karaoke was around a long, long time before Singstar.

It's fun, but after playing it for a while I've come to realise that it's the exact same game as Guitar Hero and Singstar with drums added. I'm downright surprised that Activision and Sony haven't tried to claim plagarism.

Well, there's no drums for Guitar Hero, so I don't think Rock Band is the same as GH.

The stinker is no dowloadable content! and no wifi stuff!

The stinker is no dowloadable content! and no wifi stuff!

I know, this pisses me off to no end. But since I won't be getting a 360 nor a PS3, Rock Band for Wii is the only way I can experience this awesome game. :(

I'll just wait for Guitar Hero: World Tour. Looks to be a much better game over all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"