Rogue One Rogue One: RT Watch Thread

Personally, I suspect Lucas was bitter with TFA more that they abandoned his ideas than the fact that it was made "for the fans". It's just that those two things happened to be one and the same, haha.

He's bitter because in one stroke (well counting Rogue One, two strokes) Disney managed to accomplish what he couldn't in three: come out with a hit and renew people's faith in Star Wars again.

He loved Rogue One though.

How do we know for certain?

He might've just being nice by telling Edwards he enjoyed Rogue One.

You know what would be awesome and possibly hysterical?

If Lucas was forced to rank all the Star Wars movies. :woot:

I have a feeling Empire wouldn't be first.

I think we are looking at a 83-86 for this movie has it has been at 83-85 for a while going back and forth and we have around 100-150 more reviews left for this movie most likely and I don't see this changing by more then a few points now.

That's a really good movie for someone like me who thinks just about ANYTHING (except Crapformers and maybe TASM2) is worth watching. I've already got my tickets and am taking the day off tomorrow to attend a 9:30am showing at the local XD (3D) theater. Crowds annoy me because I'm not interested in hearing about what other people think during the movie. 6th row center on an 86 foot screen. It's not quite IMAX, but it's close to my house and I don't feel like fighting traffic while making the trek to Hollywood to see it at the Chinese theater's IMAX screen. 6th row is far away for me. Normally, I sit so close that I can't see anything except the screen, but my wife wants to go and she complains about not being able to see all of the screen and doesn't like it when we sit separately......sigh......

Lucas thinks Empire was the weakest star wars film. Probably because it was the one he had the least involvement in (before Disney).

Then he has very poor taste. Maybe his lack of involvement had something to do with how good it was.

I shouldn't be ragging on him I suppose. Without him, we wouldn't even have a SW. Sorry Georgie.....

No it's pretty much true though Lucas tries to be covert about it. I remember reading about Lucas saying it's his not favorite during an interview when he was presenting an award to a peer of his. And if you read the behind the scenes stuff, he was the least involved with 'Empire' during the shoot.

That's why he was really, really involved with 'Jedi' after the fact. To the point where he was the co-director and hired someone he could control as the actual director.

No it's pretty much true though Lucas tries to be covert about it. I remember reading about Lucas saying it's his not favorite during an interview when he was presenting an award to a peer of his. And if you read the behind the scenes stuff, he was the least involved with 'Empire' during the shoot.

That's why he was really, really involved with 'Jedi' after the fact. To the point where he was the co-director and hired someone he could control as the actual director.

The first time I saw ESB, I lived in Santa Cruz and was, shall we say, in a bit of an alternative reality during the movie. Loved it. The mythological tones really struck me. I saw it again and some of the Han/Leia flirt scenes weren't exactly acting of the highest caliber, but Yoda, Ben, Darth, Lando.....I thought it was awesome and easily the strongest movie to this date. I hope that changes soon. I know everyone loves ANH and so do I, but from a "good" movie perspective, I don't think it's as good.

I always wondered why they made space runs in parsecs (which is a distance). Do they fold space while in hyperdrive or something???? Yeah....I know. That never made sense anyway, but who cares.

Yep. I love Lucas, but people need to realize he is bitter about all this stuff. Anyone who thought he wouldn't throw some shade at TFA, especially after they threw out his stuff, just doesn't want to see it.

Yep. I love Lucas, but people need to realize he is bitter about all this stuff. Anyone who thought he wouldn't throw some shade at TFA, especially after they threw out his stuff, just doesn't want to see it.

You ever think they'll let Lucas' stuff see the light of day, or do you think they might draw some material from it and keep it hidden? In the last of Dark Horse they did those "The Star Wars" comics, which tried to expand upon Lucas' original drafts. I wonder if Marvel would ever consider that with the sequel drafts.

You ever think they'll let Lucas' stuff see the light of day, or do you think they might draw some material from it and keep it hidden? In the last of Dark Horse they did those "The Star Wars" comics, which tried to expand upon Lucas' original drafts. I wonder if Marvel would ever consider that with the sequel drafts.
I think when the trilogy is over, we will see the stuff. I think that is one of the reasons they delayed the big "making of" books.

Then maybe he really does like R1. If he was willing to heap a little on TFA, it seems like he'd be willing to do the same on R1. It is, however, part of the story developed in ANH so maybe he looks a little more kindly on it.

EDIT: Other than my dog (and wife I guess :woot: ) they could throw out any of my stuff they wanted if they paid me billions....

Then maybe he really does like R1. If he was willing to heap a little on TFA, it seems like he'd be willing to do the same on R1. It is, however, part of the story developed in ANH so maybe he looks a little more kindly on it.

EDIT: Other than my dog (and wife I guess :woot: ) they could throw out any of my stuff they wanted if they paid me billions....
Oh I am sure he does. But I don't think that means much in terms of its quality.

217 Reviews

184 Fresh

33 Rotten

85%

7.5 Average

BmGE9bM.gif

217 Reviews

184 Fresh

33 Rotten

85%

7.5 Average

BmGE9bM.gif

Im happy it managed to stay above ROTS's 79%. Im not sure how the most extreme PT fans and haters of these new films would react if one of the new films was lower than one of the prequels.

Im happy it managed to stay above ROTS's 79%. Im not sure how the most extreme PT fans and haters of these new films would react if one of the new films was lower than one of the prequels.

It was the best of a bad breed. When I think of what could have been......

I'm just going to say this: ROTS is a great film. Watched it the other night and was again reminded of how much I love it. Obviously can't say the same for I and II but III is a different story, at least in my mind.

I'm just going to say this: ROTS is a great film. Watched it the other night and was again reminded of how much I love it. Obviously can't say the same for I and II but III is a different story, at least in my mind.

Probably not the thread for this discussion, but I do agree. I saw the prequels as a kid, starting with Episode I when I was 10 and III came out when I was 16. I really enjoyed them all, but as I get older, I see the problems of some of these. Episode I actually hold ok because it has some decent practical effects, but I really don't care for Episode II at all, outside of the clones and Jango Fett. However, III has always held up for me. It's not a masterpiece, and some would probably try to tell me "well, a good crap is still crap", but it'll always be a legitimately good film to me.

On topic, nice to RO doing so well. Really deserves the love it's getting.

Revenge of the Sith isn't AotC bad, but that doesn't make it good either. The first 25 mins are fun though.

I'll say this in RotS' favour, up until Rogue One it had my personal favourite scene in the franchise.

Revenge of the Sith isn't AotC bad, but that doesn't make it good either. The first 25 mins are fun though.

I agree 100%. I'm always very surprised when someone has that one above anything from OT on their fav list

I'll say this in RotS' favour, up until Rogue One it had my personal favourite scene in the franchise.
I am curious. What scene is that Roose and what is your new one after seeing Rogue One?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"