Rogue One Rogue One vs. The Force Awakens

Erzengel

|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
Reaction score
I know a few people who seem to be more satisfied/enjoyed Rogue One more than the Force Awakens.

Just putting this poll out there to gauge fan responses.

I really enjoyed Rogue One after a second viewing. But I wasn't as compelled by it as I was with TFA. Finn, Rey, BB8, Kylo Ren... I felt like I got to actually know these characters. with Rogue One, I really didn't connect with them.

But I still did like the characters in RO. and the story was great. But overall I just enjoyed TFA more.

Enjoyed both, but at th moment it would be TFA, however I want to see RO a 2nd time before voting. Both are great though in my eyes.

Rogue One and TFA confirm the age old wisdom that good action scenes do not supplant good characters.

Rogue One for me.

I enjoyed both, it was very nostalgic to see all (or most) of my favorite characters from the original trilogy come back in TFA. It was almost an emotional moment for me when Han and Chewie first appeared. But it was great to be introduced to all these new characters (well I guess you cant really call them new) in Rogue One. I especially loved Jynn she was a great main protagonist she had all the spunk and toughness of Han with the innnocence and heroism of Luke. Plus she was hot lol. But if Had to choose Id choose Rogue One.

Force Awakens, for characters and editing. I like Rogue One, but the editing felt really haphazard until they got to Scarif, and the characters don't stick with me the same way. I am/would be excited to see more of Rey, Finn, Kylo, etc... but would be rather indifferent with most of the Rogue One cast.

The Force Awakens. The characters were more fleshed out and seeing the orginals back brought back a lot of great childhood memories.

Definitely Rogue One. The plot was so much more interesting. And while there was no character here as good as Rey or Han, I liked the ensemble better as a whole. The supporting cast and villains (besides Kylo Ren) didn't do much for me in TFA. Here I actually cared about them, even those in relatively minor roles. The world felt more real and less bland. Also, I thought the action sequences and the big battle were far superior in RO.

Honestly, I'd even put it above Return of the Jedi. The last hour of RO is just phenomenal.

I have to say Rogue One. I loved TFA and RO doesn't change that but I have to choose RO because of the impact it had on me in regards to EP4. I enjoyed RO so much and it actually made EP4 better IMO which is something I never thought possible.

I have to say Rogue One. I loved TFA and RO doesn't change that but I have to choose RO because of the impact it had on me in regards to EP4. I enjoyed RO so much and it actually made EP4 better IMO which is something I never thought possible.

Yeah, it was the rare prequel that managed to enhance the original material.

I am a big fan of Rogue One, but I prefer TFA in pretty much every single way.

source.gif

TFA. Rogue One was dull until the end and had forgettable music.

I'll have to see Rogue One again to solidify my opinion. This is actually a pretty tough question as both movies are great.

Rogue One and TFA confirm the age old wisdom that good action scenes do not supplant good characters.

Captain America: Civil War says hello. The airport action scene is the only thing I remember about that movie.

FA and by a lot. Force awakens is the second best star wars movie yet and brought back my love and hype for star wars after the PT killed it and 8 I think could end up surpassing 5 has being the over all consiset number 1 star wars movie. FA is better then Rouge one in ever way. Better story, acting, much better chactors, better action, less parts that look CGI heavy, soundtrack. RO on the other hand is at best the 4th best star wars movie and maybe even 6th has I need to see it one more time before I can say 100% where I have it. RO the chactors where dull and the movie felt like it was more made just to make money. I loved the dark vader parts and the end dark vader part is maybe my single favorite moment in any star wars movie but out side of vader the movie was kind of boring and out side of the one roboot character the characters where forgettable. Rey, Fin, Poe, Kylo all are great new chacters and better then any of the new ones in RO. Also Solo was handled greatly in FA. FA is also the best star wars when it comes to the way humor has been handle in any star wars movie yet. RO was pretty dull out side of the Vader parts whitch is like 5 minutes of the movie where FA just gets better and better has the movie gets farther into the movie and just never really slows down.

Last edited:

TFA had both great action and great characters and RO had neither outside of 5 minutes of vader.

TFA had both great action and great characters and RO had neither outside of 5 minutes of vader.
I am sorry you missed the majority of Rogue One's third act. Did something happen to your theater's projector?

I am sorry you missed the majority of Rogue One's third act. Did something happen to your theater's projector?

lol that is a good one but I loved the dark vader last part but out side of that the 3erd act while better then the first 2 acts was still not that great.

I'd give the slight edge to TFA but both were great.

Doh! Accidentally voted Rogue One!

lol that is a good one but I loved the dark vader last part but out side of that the 3erd act while better then the first 2 acts was still not that great.
I speak of the action. The space battle was rather great imo.

TFA. Like most others in the thread, the characters being the biggest deciding factor for me.

It's hard to judge a StarWars movie without bias, as they meant so much to me as a kid. With that said, watching TFA was like being transported back to my childhood where I could believe in magic, and hope, and all that.
Watching R1 was like watching a strong ensemble film on par with the Avengers or the like. It was a good movie, but I didn't get that special Star Wars feeling afterwards. I feel like there are two kinds of Star Wars fans. The ones who prefer the Jedi storylines and the ones who prefer the war/Han storylines. I can easily see how this appealed to folks who wanted to see more of the swashbuckling of the originals... but I'm a fan of the Jedi, and so I preferred TFA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"