• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ross Hughes Colors Thread

A page from Titans #37. On sale now!

Art by Fabrizio Fiorentino
Colors by me for Hi-Fi Studios

TNSv2_37_12_450_RH.jpg

A page from the Titans Annual. On sale now!

Art by Cliff Richards

TNSv2ANN_43_450_RH.jpg

Well, it looks like Disney put the kibosh on this project. This was to have been part of a Pirates of the Caribbean anthology to be released along with the latest film. As far as I know, we had it completed in time, so I'm not sure why it didn't come out. From what I could find on the internet about the book, Disney scrapped the project, and may have released a couple of the stories in different books. Oh well.

This was from the Young Jack Sparrow story.

Art by (I think!) Jean-Paul Orpinas

Young_Jack_08_400_RH.jpg

Young_Jack_09_400_RH.jpg

Young_Jack_10_400_RH.jpg

Young_Jack_11_400_RH.jpg

I'm really enjoying your coloring. It compliments the art very well. I like the somewhat subdued approach you take, very pleasing to the eye. (A lot of subtle shading too from what I can tell that just works)

Thanks, guys! I've been working hard to get better with every page. Hopefully, I'm getting there. :)

Can't get enough Pirates! Arrrr!!!

This was from a story titled The Last Shanghai

Lines by Andy Kuhn
Colors by me for Hi-Fi

pirates_TBS_12_450_RH.jpg

pirates_TBS_13_450_RH.jpg

pirates_TBS_15_450_RH.jpg

A couple of Wolverine pics I was commissioned to color.

Art by John Byrne
Colors by me.

wolverine6.jpg

wolverine5.jpg

Not a fan of those ones. Your colours aren't at fault though.

What is up with his body in that 2nd one? Did he some how snap his unbreakable metal spine and become a spinning top?

I couldn't agree more. That was nearly word for word what I thought when I saw that second pic too. LOL

Cory Hamscher posted this little gem and I wasted no time in asking him for a hi-res copy so I could color it. I loved the lines and the fierceness of it. Cory is a bad-ass!

C&C's are always encouraged.

Lines by Cory Hamscher

WOLVERINE2011.jpg

I've been looking to expand my artistic wings a bit and learn some new skills, so while my penciling isn't where I would like it to be yet, I thought I'd try my hand and inking. This is my first attempt. The speed lines were kicking my a$$ since I don't have a T-square yet and my straight edge apparently wasn't exactly straight. LOL

This was done digitally in Photoshop with nothing but the standard hard round brush. Anyone having any tips on a better brush set for inking though, please let me know as I'd like to experiment a lot more with this.

Pencils done by Eddy Barrows

The hi-res inks can be found at my Deviant Art page: http://thebdc.deviantart.com/art/Superboy-Inks-252954565?

Comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

SuperboyCoverInkswebsize.jpg

And here is a side by side for comparison.

SuperboyCoverInkssidebyside.jpg

I like it. Are you going to do the colours too?

I'm sure I will, but I'm stepping away from it for a little bit first.

Colored this for Cory Hamscher. He wanted to try the new Superman on for size and I thought it would be a great opportunity to take a crack at him myself.

Thoughts? C&C's are always appreciated.

Lines by Cory Hamscher

SUPES2011.jpg

Colored this for my man, Cory Hamscher!

Cory and I are getting a good groove going. I'm really looking forward to doing more work with him.

C&C's are encouraged and appreciated!

SPIDER-MAN.jpg

So it was just announced that Rob Liefeld is resurrecting Extreme Studios and among the titles being offered up will be Supreme! Erik Larsen will be doing the breakdowns with my buddy Cory Hamscher being the regular penciller/inker on the series. Fans of the Allen Moore written Supreme era will be in for a treat as the first story will be an unused Moore script. This particular piece is a pin-up that will be used in the book and will also be available as a print at Mid-Ohio. Swing by Cory's table and be sure to pick one up! Tell him Ross sent you. :)

Lines by Cory Hamscher
Colors by me

SUPREME2011_v2.jpg

Bills are stacking up so it's time to open up some more commission slots. Anyone interested in getting something professionally colored should e-mail me at [email protected] and we can go over the details.

A link to my work can be found in my sig.

Thanks!

Ross

Colored this for Michael Babinski. Truth be told, I had my eye on this one since the day Mikey posted it on his Deviant Art page, so I was doubly excited that he wanted to commission me to color it for him. I've been wanting to break away from the cut and brush style that I've been relying on lately and do something a little more freehand. I don't think I've done one like this since I worked on Fallen Justice years ago. I was really pleased with the way this one turned out.

C&C's are heartily encouraged. :)

Pencils by Cary Nord
Inks by Michael Babinski
Colors by me

StarWarsTales.jpg

Been keeping pretty busy lately coloring Youngblood and Blindside, but I had a little time to squeeze in a few commissions for Mike Babinski. Next up: Trapjaw!

Pencils by Brett Booth
Inks by Michael Babinski

C&C's are welcome.

HPpg03.jpg

Color commission for Michael Babinski.

I loved MOTU as a kid, so it was pretty easy for me to want to color this bad-ass version of Trapjaw. I don't know what Mattel was thinking with his color scheme though. LOL

C&C's are welcome!

Pencils by Carlo Pagulayan
Inks by Michael Babinski

Trapjaw.jpg

Next month will mark the relaunch of Supreme from Image Comics. Art will feature breakdowns by Erik Larsen and finishes and inks by Cory Hamscher. Cory and I have been getting together on some projects recently and he asked me to color his version of the variant covers they'll be doing. The first few issues will feature covers by Erik, Rob Liefeld, and Cory before they settle in and just do one cover. Cory and I are treating it like a competition and we REALLY want to win. ;)

Be sure to pick up our cover when you do your shopping. Remember, a vote for Cory is a vote for America!!! And puppies!

C&C's are always welcome and appreciated.

From Supreme #63

SUPREME2011_revised.jpg

And from Supreme #64

supreme064_cover600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"