• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Russell Crowe IS Jor-El

What?! Not my first pick but I could go with this. I knew that they couldn't get Daniel Day Lewis if they wanted to anyway.

Nice!! He was one those guys I had in the back of my mind for Jor-El, but never thought he'd do it. Hopefully this pans out with Nielson as Lara for a Gladiator reunion.

connie has to just be a rumor since article says they want a big name but hey both are from gladiator lol

I like this choice.

Nice!! He was one those guys I had in the back of my mind for Jor-El, but never thought he'd do it. Hopefully this pans out with Nielson as Lara for a Gladiator reunion.

All that's missing is Joaquin Phoenix. :woot:

I'm not the biggest fan of Crowe's, but I don't mind this one bit.

Crowe is great. Going to be tough to follow in Brando's footsteps. We'll just have to see if he's up to the challenge (and if the script is up to the challenge as well, obviously).

Finally...the news cycles rev up. And it's not even a Sunday!

a movie Jor-El who is not Brando??!! could it be??!!

I'm cool with this, especially if he uses his proper accent. Something in me likes for Kryptonians to use different accents, as to not sound like everyone is from Smallville USA. Pun intended.

Crowe is great. Going to be tough to follow in Brando's footsteps. We'll just have to see if he's up to the challenge (and if the script is up to the challenge as well, obviously).
With all due respect, as long as Crowe doesn't elect to give his performance via cue cards, I don't think he'll have any trouble wiping the the floor with Brando's performance.

From the other actors that was courted for Jor-El, I actually wouldn't mind with Sean Penn instead.

Russell Crowe ay?

not someone i really considered, but he certainly fits with the cast they've already put together. i've always liked Crowe as an actor so it would be cool to see him as Jor-El. i'll definitely take him as Jor-El over Clive Owen or Sean Penn. wonder if they're gonna dye his hair black though.

From the other actors that was courted for Jor-El, I actually wouldn't mind with Sean Penn instead.

Eh...Sean Penn would've been weird...Clive Owen I could've lived with, but out of the three Crowe would be my pic. I hope he sinks his teeth into the role and doesn't phone it in because its a comic book movie.

Eh...Sean Penn would've been weird...Clive Owen I could've lived with, but out of the three Crowe would be my pic. I hope he sinks his teeth into the role and doesn't phone it in because its a comic book movie.

I disagree, I would have like Penn instead but I could live with Crowe. I didn't even know that Owen was actually in contention as Jor-El , let alone for the movie at all.

Penn would've been too out there for me. I'm all about Crowe.

crowe now marks oscar nom/winner #5 !!
Trailer Announcer Guy:
"Man of Steel! With Academy Award winner Russell Crowe...Academy Award winner Kevin Costner...Academy Award Nominee Diane Lane...Acade....Screw it, you get the point!"

All the casting news has been kept very secret though. We didn't even hear a rumor, it just came out of nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"