• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Dark Knight Sacrifices made for The Dark Knight?

SPIDERMAN117

Sidekick
Reaction score
What I mean is like including Viral Marketing,Toy Hunting,Skiping Work,Skiping School or etc. I'd like to hear some of sacrifices you've made?

Me not really a big one but I havent gotten a hair cut sence halloween:(
Im only doing this so my hair can be long and I can have some of the look of TDK Joker. I swear though my hair looks like a bush of curly :yay:

What about yours? :brucebat: :hoboj:

my main sacrifice has been money...lots and lots of money

$18 on a Joker "Why So Serious" t-shirt

$20 on the Movie Masters Joker and Batman action figures

$8 on a TDK Batman poster from FYE

$18 on a Joker "Why So Serious" t-shirt

$20 on the Movie Masters Joker and Batman action figures

$8 on a TDK Batman poster from FYE
Showing your grandkids all of these things in the future........Priceless

Nearly a combined totally of $700 on viral materials...

145 being put towards hot toys joker. and hours and hours of virals stuff- going places, doing all the hoopla online....oh and also stalking the production all last summer....

sooo much... money... gone... tear... but... BATMMMMAAAAAAAN!!
WilliamShatner_STICCON_2005-05-22.0.0.0x0.276x276.jpeg

Sooooo much time. I skipped out on work and class a few times to do some viral stuff, but my boss is teh awesome so it was okay.

And the Wiki-ing. Oh, the hours spent on Wiki-ing.

I spent many, many hours writing out my initial analysis of the second trailer and the prologue.

Also, I've bought a bunch of TDK stuff :brucebat:

I'd hardly call it a sacrifice, but going out on a limb and taking holiday to the US around the time TDK is released.

I didn't really make any sacrifices... but I changed my desktop background to I BELIEVE IN HARVEY DENT. And I visit SuperHeroHype.com, Batman-on-Film.com, IBelieveInHarveyDent.com and WhySoSerious.com every day.

• sacrificed reputation taking public pictures in Joker paint :woot:
  • sacrificed work to chase cakes
  • sacrificed cash, time and gas searching and buying all the Movie Masters toys
  • sacrificed a good bit of time with my TDK obsession: making custom wallpaper, watching trailers repeatedly, reading SHH every day, and talking up the film with friends.
guess that's it. No real sacrifices, and all of them worth it. :brucebat:

1.) About $60 going toward a Joker costume
2.) My hair being the longest it's even been.... I didn't know what it felt like to have my hair touch my eyebrows until about a month ago...

Well I haven't made any major sacrifice :huh: maybe...oh yeah! I bought my 12" Batman Figure and had to wait another two weeks to get my DVD of "La Vie En Rose" :csad:

I completely got rid of my social life to "stay in character" during the virals (I wear a Harvey Dent button everyday, no matter where I go).
I'm spending quite a lot of money on making stuff and buying merchandise.

I've thrown away any hope of finding a girlfriend. Heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"