• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels Same continuity or reboot?

KangConquers

Purple Kang, Purple Kang
Reaction score
Please note this is NOT a Sam Raimi/ Kirsten Dunst/ Tobey McGuire thread. This is only to discuss the continuity of the Spider-Man series; it can still be the same continuity with different actors/ directors. Though I prefer that the old one's stay, that's not what this is about.

Obviously Spider-Man is very profitable. There will be more movies, with or without the original cast. My question to you, is how long should the movies go on in this continuity?

The continuity could go on forever and still be interesting from a villain perspective; Lizard, Kraven, Chameleon, Vulture, Mysterio, Electro, Scorpion, Rhino, Black Cat, Carnage and more all await future big screen adaptations. They could do another 6 movies at least based on the sheer number of villains.

The problem isn't the villains, it's the limits of Peter Parker's character; how much more can they do with him before it becomes redundant. Marriage would obviously be in the cards for 4, and maybe they could strech enough personal character developement out till 6. But eventually they'll run out.

So would you like a reboot or a continuation...and if you want the continuation, how many more movies would you like?

How many threads like this do we need Kang? This is still the same subjet... its a matter of whether the people come back or not... but a REBOOT??? Not in another 25 years... everyone knows that already... its sequels or its nothing.

I want the same continuity unless there's a movie that crashes the franchise and they HAVE to start over. (Batman & Robin, etc.)

The one thing I hate about Batman Begins is that it started this whole reboot fascination. "Oh SM3 wasent as good as the others, therefore they should reboot the series."

They should still continue for the 3 movies they have set. After that they could do whatever the hell they want.

what's the point of rebooting? the franchise is great,rebooting would disgrace the first 3 films.

Same continuity indefinitely (untill they stop making Spider-Man movies all together)

Same continuity indefenitley until they stop making Spider-Man Movies all togeather.

They are not rebooting a 2.4 billion dollar franchise. Especially when the third film is coming off of a 885M spread. It's not happening.

what's the point of rebooting? the franchise is great,rebooting would disgrace the first 3 films.

The first 3 films are already a disgrace by themselves, although sm3 was the best out of the 3.:word:

After Spider-man 6 the public would be tired of Spider-man movies.

Keep the same continuity for 6 movies then reboot in 15 years.

As most people have said, a reboot isn't necessary at this moment in time.
I predict a reboot would happen in the foreseeable future,probably 15 to 20 years after the last Spidey film (just a rough guess,based on Superman Returns from Superman II or IV, & Batman Begins from Batman '89).

I'd much prefer being director though,interpret things my way; but more true to the essence of the comics lol :oldrazz: . IF or when they do reboot,I hope they start off with Gwen Stacy as the love interest, that way continuity would flow better. Plus, they could use iconic Spider-Man imagery in the movies. Heck,they could even make references to the Raimi trilogy :word:

A nanology (9 films) would be the ultimate for me personally, 3 trilogies that delve into the Spider-Man mythos...then they could branch on further from there :hyper:

The one thing I hate about Batman Begins is that it started this whole reboot fascination. "Oh SM3 wasent as good as the others, therefore they should reboot the series."

Agreed. Since Begins, filmmakers can't even so much as make a slight error in a series before the fanboys start whining for a restart. :whatever:

Do the forth film with Lizard and the marriage. Then wrap it up. "This is a story about a girl. That girl. Mary Jane Watson."

Years later 'reboot' it in the way that Hulk is being rebooted, albiet for a different reason... years have passed, Peter Parker is still married to Mary Jane, he has become a science teacher and is still fighting crime as Spider-Man.

peter_parker_spiderman.jpg

This will allow the creative team a break, since I don't think they want to be working in this universe for alot of their career. And help bring in new creative teams and a cast for a reboot that continues the films prior to it with a new and fresh take as well.

By the time the 4th movie comes around, there will be no other significant places for Peter's journey to go. He'll be the man in and behind the mask. If things are mixed up and blended, it could get repetitive after a while with no real progression. However, with a new creative team and a reboot/sequel trilogy there will be new areas to explore and a new world to inhabit. There is no reason for a real reboot, but more of a Batman Returns to Batman Forever type reboot- switch up the cast, mix things up and start anew with the audience remembering the backstory from the old. Or how Superman Returns is a sequel of Superman II, in some aspects. This is the kind of sequel trilogy that should take place after the forth film- a sequel/reboot. Not because the cast and crew isn't working or delivering, rather to keep it new and fresh.

Reboot? Are you kidding me. There are other villains to see. I don't want to see this thing start over. Keep it going.

Same continuity.Then after the sixth film reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"