• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

San Diego Comic-Con 2010!

So who's going to be around Tuesday night? Assuming I'm not wiped out from the trip, I'm planning on driving into town after I check in to see how to get to the airport.

Heading to the airport. I got a lot more than I expected at SDCC 2010. I went in expecting to look for maybe one thing and came back with a lot:

- Dustin Nguyen's Sketchbook and a poster he drew of all the Bat characters and villains.
- A commission piece by Dean Trippe of Aquaman holding Aquababy with Mera by his side.
- Street Fighter poster by Alvin Lee
- Original panel art of one of Patrick Gleason's runs on Aquaman when Aquaman lifts an entire city block underwater, and 4 issues featuring my favorite covers by Gleason signed.
- Alex Ross print out of a few panels taken from one of his stories where Black Manta slashes at Aquaman underwater and then shoots his helmet laserbeams.
- Figure of Protoman
- Nightwing and Blue Lantern T-Shirts

Hmmm I believe that is everything. Then spent cash on food and such and that got expensive. D:

But awesome ComicCon experience.

Last edited:
For a first time Con goer in any capacity SDCC 2010 was awesome. I had a blast. Picked up several trades at heavy discount, a Blue Lantern Flash shirt, a Jayne Cobb hat, and a "My ward, Speedy, is a JUNKIE!" shirt. Got into MOST of what I wanted to see, barring Friday's cluster **** of stuff that was in a packed room that never emptied (Big Bang Theory, Bones, Joss Whedon). Met my three favorite writers in ascending order: Geoff Johns, Kurt Busiek, and Marv Wolfman. Got to see teaser trailer for Green Lantern, and footage from the Walking Dead. All in all a great week. OH and met several good friends from the Hype. Shout outs to twylight, wiegeabo, trusty, Ahura, and Keyser. :o

Comic Con was agreat experience and I fully attend to go back next year. I met a few from the Hype and I hope all of you had a good time there.

So, apparently, all the 2011 4-day passes with Preview Night sold out before the 2010 Con was over...

So, apparently, all the 2011 4-day passes with Preview Night sold out before the 2010 Con was over...

Wtf? I personally don't care about Preview Night but that is ******ed that they sold them that early without advertising and letting it be known. We were at the damn con and they didn't even make mention.

They mentioned it between every panel. The screens and announcers on the mic said we could pre-register in the pavilian. I went to do it the last day, but the line was way too long. Should have known better. :(

Preview night is nice because you can spend all night walking the floor, then save the rest of the days for the panels. But, it'll save me a night at a hotel and a day of vacation, so not a huge loss.

The only thing that sucks is not being able to get your badge Wednesday night....

Actually, 4-day passes without preview night can still be obtained on Wednesday. There were a couple other venues that held them this year; I'm certain they'll do the same thing for 2011.

And I have a feeling that they might still have some 4-day passes with preview night. They're just being really conservative about it... maybe.

MEH FRICK! Just means we get the night to ourselves :) And MadRhapsody is right...you were able to pick up the four day passes at our hotel even if you didn't have preview night as one of them.

MEH FRICK! Just means we get the night to ourselves :) And MadRhapsody is right...you were able to pick up the four day passes at our hotel even if you didn't have preview night as one of them.

Which hotel was that? I would take a car over and do that then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"