• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) Thread

Really? I thought he was pretty one-note.

To be fair to Momoa, the material he's had to work with so far has been dreadful. A poorly conceived and staged cameo in a terrible movie, followed by essentially a supporting role another terrible movie. I'm not passing judgement on him one way or another until I actually see him in his own movie as Aquaman.

To be fair to Momoa, the material he's had to work with so far has been dreadful. A poorly conceived and staged cameo in a terrible movie, followed by essentially a supporting role another terrible movie. I'm not passing judgement on him one way or another until I actually see him in his own movie as Aquaman.

Oh, totally. I don’t blame him for it either, I just hope that Wan wasn’t painted into a corner and felt the need to write him that way in his solo movie.

Momoa has been good in things like GoT and The Red Road (still pissed that show never got a proper conclusion), so hopefully Wan tapped into the potential he showed in those roles. I’ve heard that he’s good in a Braven too.

I wonder if we are going to get a look at Cheetah?

Still excited for the Godzilla trailer.

Ha, I liked it.

Godzilla : King of the Monsters trailer

[YT]wVDtmouV9kM[/YT]

Consider me underwhelmed by this year's SDCC, especially with no Marvel stuff coming out of it. Not the biggest fan of DC's films still so I'm very much in a wait-and-see approach. Can't really say I'm all that enthused by Godzilla, Venom, or Predator either.

So, what's left?

I know the X-comic panel.

I actually really like the Shazam trailer, but maybe it's because I'm drunk watching it. :hmm

Mandon here, doing a hero’s work by posting all of this, so we don’t have to :up:

Some Deadpool extended cut release news....Spoilers for those who have yet to see DP2.... (hence the tagging).

When Deadpool 2 is released on Blu-ray later this year, fans will be able to get their hands on a "Super Duper Cut" which includes roughly 15 minutes of additional footage.

At Comic-Con yesterday evening, fans were treated to a first look at that and one scene, in particular, was changed to potentially open the door to Hugh Jackman's return as Wolverine (possibly as soon as that planned X-Force spinoff).

In an extended version of one of the sequel's after-credits scenes, the Merc with the Mouth still guns down Weapon XI but rather than just telling Logan that he loves him, he says: "One day your old pal Wade's gonna ask you to get back in the saddle again. When he does, say yes." So, does this mean the door has now been opened for the Australian actor to put those claws back on as part of X-Force?

It's a nice thought but probably just as unlikely as it was the last time the subject came up. During a Q&A, Reynolds even said as much and this has probably only been included in the extended cut because Fox didn't want to get the hopes up of fans in the theater. Throw in that Disney/Fox merger and there's a very good chance that X-Force may not even be released. As always, though, stay tuned.

Consider me underwhelmed by this year's SDCC, especially with no Marvel stuff coming out of it. Not the biggest fan of DC's films still so I'm very much in a wait-and-see approach. Can't really say I'm all that enthused by Godzilla, Venom, or Predator either.

I do have to admit that SDCC has been a bit underwhelming this year with no Marvel Studios and no big announcements. The Aquaman, Split, Shazam, Godzilla and Fantastic Beasts trailers were all cool IMO, but compared to last year (and a number of previous years) this one definitely doesn’t feel as exciting. I’m sure 2019 will be amazing though.

I do have to admit that SDCC has been a bit underwhelming this year with no Marvel Studios and no big announcements. The Aquaman, Split, Shazam, Godzilla and Fantastic Beasts trailers were all cool IMO, but compared to last year (and a number of previous years) this one definitely doesn’t feel as exciting. I’m sure 2019 will be amazing though.

I agree. I'm happy for all the good news coming from DC and all the positive stuff I'm hearing from the fan base, though. Just didn't feel the same as last year.

Geoff Johns interviewed concerning GLC film.....

A couple of months ago Geoff Johns stepped down as DC's Chief Brand Officer to focus more on passion projects, but that doesn't mean that his plate still isn't full. A number of new TV series and comics have been announced with Johns attached to go along with the current Green Lantern Corps film he is writing.

IGN recently caught up with Johns at San Diego Comic-Con where he gave fans updates on all the new TV shows and comics that he is involved with. One of the more interesting sound bites is his update in regards to the Green Lantern Corps film. "It's a complete re-imagining, just like I did in Green Lantern Rebirth with the comics," he explained. "Hopefully I'm going to be delivering a script that Warner (Brothers) loves and the DC likes, and that they want to make. It's going to celebrate the mythology and reinvent it in a different way, but also if you've read my Green Lantern run it's very much inline with some stuff we did in there."

As of right now, rumors are that the Green Lantern Corps film will focus on both Hal Jordan and John Stewart.

Source : IGN

Collider trailer breakdown for Aquaman - be warned it's a bit *Aquaman for complete beginner's* in it's vocal description.

[YT]T6M1GZ9-I9M[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"