• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sandman

Rorschach2012

Batman is my Dad
Reaction score
Apparently JGL is up for Morpheus in a Sandman movie pitched by Goyer. if Goyer's involved, I can actually see this happening.Not sure how I feel about JGL as Morpheus, but I can get into it, he's a great actor. I really, really hope this happens. One of the greatest comic book stories ever written.

Benedict Cumberbatch, Johnny Depp, and Tom Hiddleston all seem a bit more appropriate for the role than JGL

Ah, not Goyer!

Why not let Gaiman script? As far as I'm concerned, nobody else has any business writing these characters anyway...

Yeah really, that makes the most sense. I could see this actually happening if Goyer worked with Gaiman on the script, WB loves Goyer, i can't see them greenlighting this without his involvement

There's only one man who can play Morpheus -

room-football_zps810698e1.jpg

But Larry Fishborn could work too.

I'd love for this to get made with Gaiman in a primary role in the writing process, perhaps scripting it himself. I'm not opposed to JGL as Dream, but my only issue is with the voice of the character. Hiddleston would be great all round, in terms of appearance, age and voice.

I was excited after reading the title of thread and first sentence, but the mention of Goyer nuked my excitement. Having him aboard the project is a bad idea, the latest in a long series of bad ideas made by WB.

I think JGL would be better as The Corinthian.

I'M not sure if I can get excited for that. Sandman in a 3 hour movie without any Gaiman ivolved. This will be another dumbed down version of what is one of the outstandig classics in this genre. At least that's what to be expected.
A GoT like series would do the characters and the story way more justice.
Also, while JGL is a pretty good actor, Murphy he isn't.
I will follow this production closely as Sandman is by far my favorite comic book, but I fear this will be another failure.

Goyer writing yet another DC adaptation?

Shocker :o.

Looks wise JGL could pull it off, as I think he could get the mannerisms down along with the voice, he's not a shabby mimic. I'm not in the "I hate Goyer" fan club, though I would think Gaiman should have some input.

You know, I get really annoyed at how Benedict Cumberbatch is suggested for absolutely everything these days, but this is the role he's tailor made for.
Seriously, not since JK Simmons played Jameson has an actor felt like such a perfect fit for a comic book character.
Face, voice, age, physique... that's Morpheus right there.

But, JGL could definitely do a good job.

WB may just pull an Alan Moore and be like, "you wrote this **** for DC, we own it, mother****er."

You know, I get really annoyed at how Benedict Cumberbatch is suggested for absolutely everything these days, but this is the role he's tailor made for.
Seriously, not since JK Simmons played Jameson has an actor felt like such a perfect fit for a comic book character.
Face, voice, age, physique... that's Morpheus right there.

But, JGL could definitely do a good job.

Also, considering Gaiman suggested Cumberbatch and Tom Hiddleston, I can back either of them for the role.

I also think a series would work best. It would be great to see all of the character from the comic come to life throughout several seasons.

Also, considering Gaiman suggested Cumberbatch and Tom Hiddleston, I can back either of them for the role.

I also think a series would work best. It would be great to see all of the character from the comic come to life throughout several seasons.

Yeah, a series would definitely be the best way to go.
More than any other comic I can think of, this practically screams for a classy, big budget, HBO adaptation filled with top shelf actors and long-running storylines.

Course, this is a WB-owned DC property so we'd probably just end up with some cheap CW crap. :o

Even Gaiman says it should be an HBO series.

Who should play the other Endless? Is Summer Glau too old to play Death now? Does the entire cast need to be from the UK?

Even Gaiman says it should be an HBO series.

Who should play the other Endless? Is Summer Glau too old to play Death now? Does the entire cast need to be from the UK?

I really don't mind where the cast are from as long they're good. I mean, I don't even really imagine Death with a British accent. I read her with an American one.

I personally do think Glau's a bit old now. Death should be about 5'' and cute as a button. :o
Goth up Jane Levy and she'd be a good choice I think...

Adapt 'The Dolls House' (comic con but with seriel killers) and have The Corinthian as the main antagonist.
Cumberbatch as Morpheus.
Give a hint of the mythology of the endless but don't get bogged down with it.

I really don't mind where the cast are from as long they're good. I mean, I don't even really imagine Death with a British accent. I read her with an American one.

I personally do think Glau's a bit old now. Death should be about 5'' and cute as a button. :o
Goth up Jane Levy and she'd be a good choice I think...

Jane Levy... I can dig it.

I also say Olivia Wilde as Desire, unless they go for a more androgynous look.

Levy needs some more roles since I don't even know if her show is coming back.

a young Christina Ricci would've been the perfect Death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"