• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Apocalypse Scoring Age of Apocalypse - The Soundtrack/Music Thread

Asteroid-Man

Avenger
Reaction score
So excited for Ottman's third outting on an X-Men film. Probably some of my favourite superhero movie music up there with the Dark Knight trilogy, Elfman's Batman and Spider-Man, and Williams's Superman.

I'm just excited to finally have the same composer score back-to-back films. :o

Ottman's work was best on X2. Here's hoping he brings it back up to that level for Apocalypse.

Hope >>>>>>

edit: and the way Hope was inserted into the main theme during the credits, yaaas >>>

I'm just excited to finally have the same composer score back-to-back films. :o
Seriously! Hearing the Ottman theme at the beginning and end of DOFP had me so godamn giddy in the theatres.

Another reason I love Ottman, he's incorporated cues from Kamen (X-Men), Powell (TLS), and Jackman (FC). Would love to hear the Beltrami Wolverine cues this time around too. That soundtrack was awesome.

Aside from hearing that great X-Men theme again in another stellar intro sequence, I hope Ottman creates a theme specifically for Apocalypse.

I liked whatever little bit of music was incorporated into the Apocalypse end credits tag.

I don't think they would incorporate them from aimated show.

It will be intresting to see how different The score will be for Apocalypse.Unlike DOFP no reason to try to connect to X2 score.

I liked whatever little bit of music was incorporated into the Apocalypse end credits tag.

Hope he incorporates that into a main theme for him. It's gotta be something equal, or greater than Magneto's First Class theme.

I hope he does bring back the Magneto theme and I would love it if something similar like this were thrown in somewhere

Magneto theme in FC was flawless
FC had my favorite soundtrack from a CMB movie I think

I think Jackman's FC soundtrack was the best. I didn't dig the direction that Singer gave Ottman in terms of the kinda synthy nature of some songs. But just like how Thomas Newman (or whoever did it) revamped the On Her Majesty's Secret Service theme for the Spectre trailer, I bet if Ottman revamped the 90's TAS theme for our first big trailer of Apocalypse, we'd all collectively lose our minds. Everyone knows that song.

I'd also like to see Kamen's Rogue and Logan theme make a return. Unless Ottman creates some love theme for Scott and Jean in which case, that'd be cool. But I'd kinda like the Kamen one to remain as a motif somewhere.

Oh, and if we're gonna get anything Phoenix related, I hope we get a throwback to the Powell Phoenix theme. That one was a good one.

I love Michael Giacchino. I wish he composed every music score, ever.

So excited for Ottman's third outting on an X-Men film. Probably some of my favourite superhero movie music up there with the Dark Knight trilogy, Elfman's Batman and Spider-Man, and Williams's Superman.

Bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right there with Star Wars and Indiana Jones

I think Jackman's FC soundtrack was the best. I didn't dig the direction that Singer gave Ottman in terms of the kinda synthy nature of some songs. But just like how Thomas Newman (or whoever did it) revamped the On Her Majesty's Secret Service theme for the Spectre trailer, I bet if Ottman revamped the 90's TAS theme for our first big trailer of Apocalypse, we'd all collectively lose our minds. Everyone knows that song.

I'd also like to see Kamen's Rogue and Logan theme make a return. Unless Ottman creates some love theme for Scott and Jean in which case, that'd be cool. But I'd kinda like the Kamen one to remain as a motif somewhere.

Oh, and if we're gonna get anything Phoenix related, I hope we get a throwback to the Powell Phoenix theme. That one was a good one.

You ain't never lied!!!!!!

You ain't never lied!!!!!!

The first X-men film sort of sounded like the TAS theme I kind of liked it and the Rogue/Logan theme

When the past Sentinels first take flight on the White House lawn behind Nixon, the score kinda has the same beat as the beginning of the TAS theme.

I wonder if they will use the X2 theme again

While id like to hear the magneto theme again from FC i think that theme was probably suited for magneto wanting revenge and not really just a casual villain theme

[YT]gw4zQ9gRrHw[/YT]
^I'd like a theme like this for Apocalypse. Specifically the 1:12 track.

Oooh, didn't even think of that. A nice Egyptian-like theme for him. Like something from The Mummy.

I LOVE Ottman and think his scores have been great!

I think there was something simple and magical about Kamen's score. And I still think Powell's score is my favorite scoring of any superhero film to date (even if the film is on the weaker end).

That said, I'm incredibly excited to see what Ottman brings to Apocalypse.

Time's Up is one of my all time favorite action themes, so i kinda wish that would come back one way or another. Probably wont though, since it had more to do with sentinels and the future.

Really looking to hear what Ottman brings for Apocalypse. Those chaotic choir sounds that were for the sentinels in DOFP were always exciting, so something similar would be cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"