Scott Pilgrim

I don't think I really want to see a live-action Scott Pilgrim movie. The visual style is such a big part of why it's appealing. I'd watch a live-action movie, of course, but I wonder why they didn't just go animated.

A live action movie will make more money than an animated one.

An animated Scott Pilgrim TV show would've been even more badass.

That raises a good question: is the movie just gonna be based on volume one or something? It's gonna be another few years before the whole series is done.

It's going to be at least a couple years before this movie comes out, anyway. If they wanted to make a movie per volume of the book, they could definitely do it. The series would be finished by the time the sequels would come out.

Yeah, but that'd be like 7 movies. Even though Scott Pilgrim is much, much better than Harry Potter, it's not recognized as such by the world at large. The first movie would have to make gobs of money to get sequels approved.

Oh, definitely. I'm not saying that's what they're going to do. I was just saying that they could make a movie for every volume.

Seems like it. That may change though (a movie could create more interest).

I don't know, but it needs to be soon. The books are so awesome, that I've been thinking that I should reread them. I miss Scott, too.

People on Newsarama were throwing around Justin Chatwin's name. I guess he already kind of has the Scott Pilgrim look more than Cera does, but he strikes me as a colossal *****e. :(

Is that the kid from War of the Worlds? He's a pretty good actor, but he's too...good looking. I know Scott's supposed to be attractive, but Scott's cute in a different way.[/GAY]

See, this is the problem with live-action. I don't think any actor really can convey Scott's particular brand of cuteness.

I keep thinking that I could, for some reason. Even though I'm fat and have a beard.

This thread is really starting to make me feel uncomfortable...

I'm sorry. It's not my intention, I assure you. I keep racking my brain, trying to come up with a Hollywood actor that could "get" Scott, and I keep coming up blank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"