Scream 6

It kinda blows my mind that the one thing that would make the majority of fans of this franchise lose their minds with joy would be an appearance by… Matthew Lilliard. To say that is unique to the Scream series is an understatement lol.

It kinda blows my mind that the one thing that would make the majority of fans of this franchise lose their minds with joy would be an appearance by… Matthew Lilliard. To say that is unique to the Scream series is an understatement lol.
I lose my mind seeing Lillard in anything over the past ten years; The Bridge, Halt & Catch Fire, The Descendants, and Good Girls.

I lose my mind seeing Lillard in anything over the past ten years; The Bridge, Halt & Catch Fire, The Descendants, and Good Girls.

Oh yeah, he’s a solid actor. He was especially good in The Bridge. I just remember the days when he was stuff like In the Name of the King and various movies where he was paired with Freddie Prize and he was kinda a pariah.

I would love for Lillard to show up in Succession, Severance, or one of the Taylor Sheridan shows like Mayor Of Kingstown.

Matthew Lillard and Skeet Ulrich together in real life are just their Scream characters minus the murder haha. As a kid, I remember my mom saying how she thought lillards character was annoying and that she had a crush on Skeet. You can bet I told both of them that haha. managed to get a pic with both!

Finally gave Scream 2 a watch in 4k this week. The Gale chase scene has gotta be one of the best sequences in the whole series. Just so amazingly well-directed and acted. Also I always forget how hilarious Dewey's boob grab moment is. :funny: The way it transitions from romantic to tense to humor back to tense...so good.

Also it has me really thinking about what is going to be shown on that projector in 6. We've already seen multiple instances of "the killer was filming the murders!" at this point, I think it has to be something bigger. My guess is we could end up seeing some home movies that Billy and Stu made pre-spree. Which would be kind of chilling, cause it would remind me of how the two Columbine kids made home videos of their "planning" leading up to the shooting. With the shrine and the possibility of someone getting a hold of actual evidence I think it's possible that it could be going there.

Matthew Lillard and Skeet Ulrich together in real life are just their Scream characters minus the murder haha. As a kid, I remember my mom saying how she thought lillards character was annoying and that she had a crush on Skeet. You can bet I told both of them that haha. managed to get a pic with both!

That rules!

Fo-Cv-WXf-WAAI3j-U3.jpg

Even though I am glad Sid's story is done, something like this really feels like it should be Sidney and not Sam. Aside from being related to Billy and Mrs. Loomis, Sam has no connection to any of these Ghostfaces, and never met a single one of them either (except for the most recent two).

Last edited:
Fo-Cv-WXf-WAAI3j-U3.jpg

Even though I am glad Sid's story is done, something like this really feels like it should be Sidney and not Sam. Aside from being related to Billy and Mrs. Loomis, Sam has no connection to any of these Ghostfaces, and never met a single one of them either.

I do agree, this would have been an awesome, full circle moment for Sidney.

However, Sam did encounter the most recent two killers and is the daughter of the killer who started it all (along with being the granddaughter of Mrs Loomis). So she does have a pretty major connection to the "Ghostface legacy". The real mystery here is going to be what the killers are trying to accomplish and what this all means for Samantha. What are the killers trying to achieve and why do they feel Sam is so important to be at the center of it all?

I love how they are playing up the mystery angle again like In Scream 3, with the killer leaving clues and messages.

However, Sam did encounter the most recent two killers and is the daughter of the killer who started it all (along with being the granddaughter of Mrs Loomis). So she does have a pretty major connection to the "Ghostface legacy". The real mystery here is going to be what the killers are trying to accomplish and what this all means for Samantha. What are the killers trying to achieve and why do they feel Sam is so important to be at the center of it all?

I love how they are playing up the mystery angle again like In Scream 3, with the killer leaving clues and messages.
Same thoughts, it might be 'more appropriate for Sid' yet I'm more than fine with Sam and her friends coming across this. Hell, Gale is along for the ride...

If anything it is funnier that a Ghostface created this shrine only for Sid not to see it... it's ironic and on point with the commentary on stalker/obsessive fans.

I still firmly believe Sid will be back for 7 and her story isn't quite finished yet. But yeah, the shrine moment does bring her absence to mind.

Makes me very curious how Sid will be discussed or referenced in this movie. It's really interesting for the first movie she's not a part of to be SO focused on the franchise's own history.

But it's fair to point out that Gale has a huge part in the Ghostface saga too and has very deep ties to it herself. GF could have an obsession with Gale this time.

Fo-Cv-WXf-WAAI3j-U3.jpg

Even though I am glad Sid's story is done, something like this really feels like it should be Sidney and not Sam. Aside from being related to Billy and Mrs. Loomis, Sam has no connection to any of these Ghostfaces, and never met a single one of them either.

I agree with both of these points. At that note, I don't think it's the last we have seen of Sidney. Her story is over, but I could see her making one final appearance in Scream 7. That said, this is Sam and Taras story now and I think it's the most logical step forward.

I just think 5 wasn't quite a proper send-off for Sid. She didn't personally kill GF, we learned that she has kids and won't sleep at night as long as there's any sort of GF running around. You can't reintroduce her with that information and not give her a more definitive wrap up.

She needs one more movie with her having a proper stake in the story to round out this trilogy and her overall arc.

Tickets look to be going on sale in the U.S. on Wednesday!

I can't f***ing wait. This year is potentially gonna be an absolute banger for movies and this one kicks it off with easily one of my most anticipated.

Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny, Mission Impossible 7, John wick 4, Oppenheimer, Scream VI, Creed III, evil dead Rise, and the flash are my most anticipated of the year. And 65! All huge movies I'm looking forward to.

Last edited:
It does bother me that Sid is not around, but I have to say the way they have turned the ship around has been very clever. Just think about how excited we all are about VI and how good it looks. And it doesn't even have the main protagonist (two if you count Dewey). That's a good job on their part.
And I'm sure Sidney's story isn't over, the door is open for her to return and she will. Is gonna be even more special when that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"