Scream 6

Where was Sidney living during part 6? I can't remember

This is not like a Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween situation. We’ve seen Sidney come back for multiple sequels now. I don’t see how they can make it feel fresh again with her as lead. And Williamson doesn’t inspire confidence as a director. The last two movies had some beautiful cinematic shots. I fear this will look made for tv.

This is not like a Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween situation. We’ve seen Sidney come back for multiple sequels now. I don’t see how they can make it feel fresh again with her as lead. And Williamson doesn’t inspire confidence as a director. The last two movies had some beautiful cinematic shots. I fear this will look made for tv.

To be fair we haven't really seen Sidney in her role as a wife and mother. That's something new they could explore.

It could give us a clue as to where VII might be set.

I think they have creative license to put her wherever because it was never specified, and where we see her on her phone call with Dewey in 5 seems pretty generic.

Random shot in the dark-- the Pacific Northwest could be an interesting setting for a Scream movie. I tend to imagine Sidney and her family would be somewhere pretty remote, living a quiet life.

I’m so weirdly torn on this. I think it’s ****ty that Melissa got fired for speaking out against genocide and they shouldn’t have done that to her. On the other hand, I don’t think she’s a good actress and was easily the weak link in the new cast. And it pissed me off that they didn’t want to pay Neve what she’s worth (and gave her a really crappy role in the fifth movie just so they had more time to prop up their boring new lead). But it’s not the best look for Neve to jump back on board, given the controversy. Still, an actor has to work, and she’s the best part of this franchise. So… I don’t know how to feel about any of this, honestly.

I don’t know how to feel about any of this, honestly.
I think this whole controversy will live or die in how good or bad the movie turns out being. If the movie is great, it's all gonna be buried and everything will go on. If is not, then the whole thing's gonna blow up and the franchise will most likely remain in limbo.

I think this whole controversy will live or die in how good or bad the movie turns out being. If the movie is great, it's all gonna be buried and everything will go on. If is not, then the whole thing's gonna blow up and the franchise will most likely remain in limbo.

Yeah, most likely.

I find it hard to believe that a film that decided to make a u-turn at the last moment to steer from the controversy is going to be great. 90% of the time these are futile cash-grabbing attempts to try and win back fans, where they don't put much thought and care. Anything can happen but I don't have high hopes for this right now.

I’m so weirdly torn on this. I think it’s ****ty that Melissa got fired for speaking out against genocide and they shouldn’t have done that to her. On the other hand, I don’t think she’s a good actress and was easily the weak link in the new cast. And it pissed me off that they didn’t want to pay Neve what she’s worth (and gave her a really crappy role in the fifth movie just so they had more time to prop up their boring new lead). But it’s not the best look for Neve to jump back on board, given the controversy. Still, an actor has to work, and she’s the best part of this franchise. So… I don’t know how to feel about any of this, honestly.

I think where I'm at is...I have to separate my feelings about Spyglass from any feelings towards Neve, Kevin and the creative team here. If I were to judge every movie based on how I felt about certain decisions the studio made I'd be boycotting movies as a whole by this point. And personally, I always felt Scream 7 was destined to be Sidney's movie to come back to the forefront, pretty much from the moment it was announced she was not returning for 6.

Hoping for the best, but definitely concerned and overall just disappointed that we lost what felt like great positive momentum after Scream VI and now have to rebuild faith again. This franchise has yet to have a truly bad movie IMO and it would be a shame to start now.

Real talk, that's good for Neve but I couldn't care less.

I've been bored of seeing Sidney get chased around doing the same things for at least two decades now. I was super hopeful with these new movies that we could shift the focus away, not keep retreading the same ground.

It's so boring, it's so stale, it's so meaningless. Literally every Ghostface plays the same game. Phone calls, mind games & then a ridiculously absurd monologue, only for them to get killed by the same woman who has killed the vast majority of people to take on the Ghostface moniker. She damn near has a higher body count than the people trying to kill her.

It's absurd. And since Scream is more of a realistic franchise, let's be real: there would be two scenarios 1. copycat killers avoid Sidney entirely or 2. they take her out first without making any stupid phone calls & warning her beforehand.

At this point unless it's something like Fear Street with a story that connects well & makes sense, I'm so over bringing the same characters back again and again. It makes the villains look completely inept and it just ends up being a rehash of previous stories but with one or two elements changed. Scream is like the perfect vehicle to consistently tell new stories in varying locales, update the Ghostface look with variants, etc. but nope, we just keep getting the same nonsense.

Again, congrats on Neve for getting paid, but I don't give a damn about Scream 7 at this point.

The discourse around this movie online is already incredibly exhausting.

Yeah even talking about this online is not pleasant. I'm trying to be optimistic overall.

Small ray of hope for a potential return in there.

While she doesn’t rule out a potential return to Scream, Barrera is realistic about the odds. “I’ve learned to never say never, but also a lot of things would have to happen for Sam to come back,” she says. “For now, next page, next chapter, and then we’ll see what the future holds.”

I do hope one day we get to hear more about what Landon's ideas were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"