Horror Scream 6

I know I certainly won't miss Barerra or the sisters in general. Let Campbell and Cox do their thing with '7' and wrap it up.

The whole ''I'm a little crazy like my Daddy'' thing got old real fast. A better actress might have sold her freak out moments but... meh!

Yeah, I don’t think her character was particularly strong, so other than rallying behind her for behind the scenes reasons, I don’t think the franchise is going to suffer much without her character that wasn’t particularly memorable in the first place.

As for Jenna, she was never going to come back other than maybe a cameo even before all this went down. She was moving on, so that was never in the cards.

But hey, I thought Scream 6 was a step back from Scream 5, and I know there’s extreme fans for 6.

Yeah, I don’t think her character was particularly strong, so other than rallying behind her for behind the scenes reasons, I don’t think the franchise is going to suffer much without her character that wasn’t particularly memorable in the first place.

As for Jenna, she was never going to come back other than maybe a cameo even before all this went down. She was moving on, so that was never in the cards.

But hey, I thought Scream 6 was a step back from Scream 5, and I know there’s extreme fans for 6.
I never cared for Barrera's character and even more so her acting in these films, so under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind that she's out. But even if we could ignore the reasons and way she was fired, creatively speaking they were building stuff for a third and probably final movie in the trilogy we will now probably never get, so it's a bummer to not see a conclusion and it pretty much makes many of the elements we've seen in the last two redundant. Also there's no guarantee what Ortega's role would be in the third one, despite having to film Wednesday.

So it's not just about the behind the scenes drama, it's that drama affecting the franchise creatively.

Its got nothing to do with her character. I was never a fan of Sam either. Its the lousy circumstances in which she left the franchise that sucks and makes me not want to support Spyglass and Scream 7. Barrera didn't deserve that.

I didn't like Sam in V but I really dig her performance in VI. She has like an expressionless face that works well with how sinister her character could be.

Over the weekend at the Calgary Expo, Roseanne star, four-time Emmy winner, and Academy Award-nominated actress, Laurie Metcalf was feeling the gratitude. Taking the stage with Collider’s Perri Nemiroff, the actress spoke about her genre-crossing roles on stage and screen as well as which titles fans recognize her from that cause her the most surprise. Of all the movies in her repertoire, Metcalf is thankful that she’s still receiving recognition for her role in 1997’s Scream 2, in which she played a news anchor named Debbie Salt who was secretly Nancy Loomis, the vengeance-driven mother of Scream co-killer, Billy Loomis (Skeet Ulrich). During their chat, Nemiroff asked Metcalf how she masterfully switched back and forth between characters and if either of the women changed drastically from her first reading.

“That was all on the page,” Metcalf explained, praising writer and franchise creator, Kevin Williamson, for coming up with such a complex character. Walking the audience through her process as the performer, Metcalf said,

“I mean all I had to do was — I guess I just sort of, in my head, split her apart and Debbie Salt, I just played as a villain. And then Nancy, I played as a rabid mother avenging her son. They were very separate in my head… There was no overlap… If you’re good at playing the lunatic, you basically, as an actor, you have a free pass to be as crazy as you want to be.”

Giving Debbie Salt the old switcheroo and revealing at the last second that she’s in fact not a journalist at all but the mother of Billy Loomis was a twist that no one saw coming. Metcalf is proud of the way things shook out for her, adding, “I think in the Scream movies, my character has the best reveal.” On a more heartfelt note, Metcalf also shared the fun fact that seeing Campbell and the rest of the Scream family over the weekend at the Calgary Expo was the first time she had been in the same room as them since wrapping the production nearly 30 years ago.

Link: Laurie Metcalf Thinks Her ‘Scream 2’ Killer Has the “Best Reveal”

Its awesome to hear that Laurie Metcalf thinks so highly of her Scream role all these years later. She's always been my personal favorite Ghostface killer for many reasons. I agree with her about her reveal. I did not see Billy's mother coming as a twist. I wish we got to see her reunion with the other Scream cast at the expo.

I know I certainly won't miss Barerra or the sisters in general. Let Campbell and Cox do their thing with '7' and wrap it up.

The whole ''I'm a little crazy like my Daddy'' thing got old real fast. A better actress might have sold her freak out moments but... meh!
Agreed on every single point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"