• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sequels Script Review?

Not too long ago Latino Review published a story about a certain blue mutant's appearance in this movie. That story (and thread) seems to have disappeared into thin air. Does anyone know why?:ninja:

Out of sight, out of mind is their tactic.

Wow im actually suprised! This sounds like a really good movie. So far, the only thing I'm not liking is the furry ones appearence (since, apparently, he will be furry from the beginning..noooo)

Well, I've got the script but I read only first 20 pages because it's so so so boring. 3 days ago I read Wolverine and I loved that. But Magneto? No, I don't want to see this movie. Not with this script...

If this is right it sounds PERFECT!

Well, I've got the script but I read only first 20 pages because it's so so so boring. 3 days ago I read Wolverine and I loved that. But Magneto? No, I don't want to see this movie. Not with this script...

Can you tell us more about this script? Can you PM it to me?

Really like the sound of the script, sounds like it could a very dramatic and emotional story about the rise of Magneto, I just hope most of that stuff in this script remains.

I have a script review to come also, i will post the detailed version on here with comments on specific points. Should be in the next couple of days.

can you send me the script sir? id preciate it... either PM or eMail me at: [email protected]

apprecite it!

I've posted my review of the Magneto script...

It's here:
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2008/07/special-sneak-preview-of-the-s.html
(or click on the link in my signature).

I'd appreciate your views and comments, either here or on the review article. If you spot any goofs or blunders, PM me on here and I'll fix them - it's very late at night here in the UK and my brain is fried...

I just thought I'd mention when you talk about Magneto's powers and him making non-metallic objects float; in the comics he was definitely able to move objects that were non-metal, with incredible force, much larger than the ones you mentioned, using his magnetic force bubbles .

Unfortunately he never demonstrated these kinds of powers in the movies.

Great job though, keep up the good work.

I just thought I'd mention when you talk about Magneto's powers and him making non-metallic objects float; in the comics he was definitely able to move objects that were non-metal, with incredible force, much larger than the ones you mentioned, using his magnetic force bubbles .

Unfortunately he never demonstrated these kinds of powers in the movies.

Great job though, keep up the good work.

Thanks...

As you say, the movies never showed him having power over non-metallic objects in any way - i feel that crosses over too much with Jean's telekinesis if he can simply move anything!

Fox just asked me to take down my script review, so maybe this movie is going ahead! Sorry guys but will have to remove my blog with the script review in it!

Fox just asked me to take down my script review, so maybe this movie is going ahead! Sorry guys but will have to remove my blog with the script review in it!

sucks you had to take it down, but awesome that means its going ahead

sucks you had to take it down, but awesome that means its going ahead

Yes, it does suck indeed, especially as my blog had some excellent, intelligent comments about what should be in the movie and how it could be improved. And i believe other sites had to take similar reviews down. A standard demand from Fox's Intellectual Property department that it contained copyrighted material. I'm not 100% sure the movie is going ahead but I have a feeling Fox wants to move forward on it, and have asked for confirmation.

I've got the script along with Wolverine. So just PM me if you want it. Don't ask on this thread just PM me

I usually hate David Goyer's writing.

But I don't hate MAGNETO. There's a lot here to like, from a young Erik Lensherr's developing powers and desire for vengeance, to his search for what he is and why he is different, to the development of the key themes of bigotry and prejudice. In particular, the scenes between Xavier and Erik are almost note perfect. There are a few missteps, where Goyer just can't help himself and slides into a less serious writing tone, but for the most part, MAGNETO is a clever and deadly serious look at the darker side of mankind. If Goyer can reign himself in as a director, and the right actors can be found, this has the potential to be a fantastic movie. One of the more interesting elements in the script was the hint that the men who "experimented" on Magneto may have had something to do with Captain America's supersoldier serum. It's subtle, but it's there. There's room for both a young actor to take over the character, and for Ian McKellan to return himself. And interestingly enough, I wouldn't be surprised to see MAGNETO 2 if this is a hit, given what they don't go into in this script.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"