Search Feature Not Showing All Posts

Yowza

Sidekick
Reaction score
I noticed with the update you can't find all your non-deleted posts anymore.

Lot's of posts don't appear when going under search content or search posts anymore so was wondering if there's a work-around to this?

The search function has to index all the threads/posts. This takes a while and is probably why you aren't finding everything.

The search function has to index all the threads/posts. This takes a while and is probably why you aren't finding everything.

It doesn't say still loading though but if still working on site indexing then I suppose it will settle eventually hopefully?

Weeks later, I notice the search function still yields the same results. Only a couple pgs worth with most being from over a year ago appear when I try to find older posts of mine to track the threads I've posted on.

Does the indexing normally take weeks or months or years?

It shouldn't take that long. However if you are looking for a thread or post that is by a banned member it will come up empty.

It shouldn't take that long. However if you are looking for a thread or post that is by a banned member it will come up empty.

No, I don't subscribe to threads to avoid getting constant alerts so just used the search feature under my name to find past threads I've posted into until things changed.

I find a fraction of overall posts I've made with a majority being from over a year ago while most from this year are missing.

It's been about a month now so I'm wondering how long it'll most likely take to see if this issue is ever fixed?

If you hover over your name in one of your posts and click on Find All Posts, it'll give you a list that, while not complete, does mostly have 2018 posts.

If you hover over your name in one of your posts and click on Find All Posts, it'll give you a list that, while not complete, does mostly have 2018 posts.

That is exactly what I have been doing.

Over 90% of the ones right before this website update for 2018 don't appear. They haven't been deleted cause if were to manually sift through various threads I know I posted in, I can still find them just can't through utilizing search anymore.

The website update was done end of this summer but now we're getting towards October so if there's a general timeframe to expect it to be fixed by would be great to know.

No, I don't subscribe to threads to avoid getting constant alerts so just used the search feature under my name to find past threads I've posted into until things changed.

I find a fraction of overall posts I've made with a majority being from over a year ago while most from this year are missing.

It's been about a month now so I'm wondering how long it'll most likely take to see if this issue is ever fixed?
You can still subscribe to threads and not get constant alerts. You just need to turn them off in your preferences.

To turn off email alerts of replies to subscribed threads:
Preferences>Options>UNcheck "and receive email notifications of replies"

Updating that there, it will always remain off overall and then (if you find occasional instances where you want to) you can turn it back on in certain threads when replying to a thread by clicking "more options" and checking the "and receive email notifications" for that thread alone

To adjust your upper corner alerts:
Alert Preferences>Messages in Threads> Uncheck whichever ones you don't want to get alerts for.

Thanks. I would've done that if I anticipated the search function not working anymore.

I suppose I can manually go through the forums and subscribe to various ones that don't show up on the search function.

I'll anticipate site indexing will never be fixed at this point unless I hear there's a possibility otherwise. I know SniperHF says it takes a while but I have no idea if a while means a few weeks, few months, or a year before being able to guestimate if ever going to happen.

That is exactly what I have been doing.

Over 90% of the ones right before this website update for 2018 don't appear. They haven't been deleted cause if were to manually sift through various threads I know I posted in, I can still find them just can't through utilizing search anymore.

The website update was done end of this summer but now we're getting towards October so if there's a general timeframe to expect it to be fixed by would be great to know.
When I do as Fincher suggests, at the bottom of the last page of posts is 'find older messages' in small, red type. When I click on that it takes me back further still. On the bottom of the last page again is 'find older messages'. I keep doing that and I've managed to get back as far as March 2017 which is just a month after I joined.

Last edited:
I've had the same issue. It's not that older posts don't show, I can see posts as far back as 2010 but posts from this year are missing and I can still see them in the threads where they happened. Any news on when this will be fixed?

The situation is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"