Jessica Jones Season 1, Episode 2 "AKA Crush Syndrome" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Very solid episode. I feel like, by the time it's done, I look back and go "wait, that was in this episode too." I almost forgot the opening was with the cop interrogation. Complete Hollywood police (although I love seeing Lester Freemon). For future reference, you need a search warrant in that scenario. Particularly when it's not an ongoing emergency.

I think all the characters are strong. Trish Walker is someone who's needed. Her self-defense training shows that she's suffering just as much and she's trying to be just as strong. But it shows the corrosiveness of Killgrave. How do you know who to trust? That being said, freaking out with a door repair man inside is perfectly legitimate. Luke Cage is great so far. Glad the powers are established. Loved the fight scene.

Killgrave continues to impress. The show seems like it'll have a problem with them not being able to interact. But the fear of him is even better. I'm literally at the point where I jump every single scene change. And the thing with the kidney is beyond creepy. I know there's clearly more to come.

Four and a Half Stars.

"Andre plays in a rugby league. he and his friends are going to kick Luke's ass."
I immediately fell out in hysterical laughter and got wide-eyed at what I knew was to come. :lmao:

I love how Luke fought those people; it was like swapping flies. :woot:

Well, the stand outs for me are the methodical way the show seems to be building the relationships with the characters, and making them pretty varied and multidimensional. The other thing this episode is Killgrave. Damn... The totally depraved actions one could take with his power, the corruption almost inherent in the ability... They nailed it with a quick glimpse at how he operates.

Loved this one as well. I need more hours in the day.

I liked how in the bar scene Luke and Jess were swatting them away like flies. Her neighbors were funny. "pooh bear" etc. This episode had some good humor. Kilgrave: Wow what a sadistic bastard. Makes the kid pee in the closet. You see the pee leak under the door. The ending was very cool too. "Unbreakable"

Damn Luke Cage and that saw.

I know right? I had the same reaction as Jessica during that lol. :woot:

So Trish is training in self defence... Do I sense Hellcat coming?

Great episode.

I'd love to see that. I like the character and the actress both :D

Damn, when Kilgrave ordered the kids into the closet and [BLACKOUT]the girl's pee seeped out. [/BLACKOUT]

Love Luke's final line [BLACKOUT]You can't fix me. I'm unbreakable. [/BLACKOUT]

Loved that scene with the kids. I wonder what he did to the parents. He took the knife and the scene cuts. Hmm...

Liked this episode as well.

I'm not sure how I feel about those twins.

I find the twins annoying. Extremely. :cmad:

Camera in the sink drainage. :wow:
Did they have the cockroach trained for that scene? How did they do that? :wow:

Camera in the sink drainage. :wow:
Did they have the cockroach trained for that scene? How did they do that? :wow:

I think they used a regular open ended tube and edited it to make it seem like the sink drain?

I really enjoy Colter and Ritter's chemistry. They play off each other very well.

I'm glad that Colter didn't make Luke Cage into a stereotypical, jive-talking character. He's more of a working class Joe. If he was in a gang, he probably had a bad experience and got out early.

They never tell you exactly how old Cage was when he was in a gang in the comics but it seems like he was in his early to mid teens. Cage is depicted as being more of a misguided kid rather than a hardened gang banger.

I just loved that Kilgrave stomped on that kids car lol. Watched his intro a few times because it was awesome and I laughed every time.

I enjoyed this ep and really liked our first true introduction to Kilgrave. I have a feeling Tennant is really going to shine in this role.

Awesome 2nd episode, never thought I would say this but liking it more than I did Daredevil so far.

Great to see Luke Cage and Kilgrave in action, looking forward to more of both.

Was really fun seeing JJ and Luke handle those guys at the bar without breaking a sweat.

You know, I gotta wonder, why isn't Nelson & Murdock taking this case? Seriously, Hope's case happened in Hell's Kitchen, and this case is so much like Karen Page's case (blonde woman found at the scene with the murder weapon and no defensive wounds) that Matt and Foggy would have jumped to take the case.

I can already imagine how the three members of that firm would have approached it: Matt would really think Hope was innocent. Foggy would be only really making token objections, and Karen would insist they take it because she'd see a bit more of herself than she'd really be comfortable with in Hope (although Hope's case is a lot more straightforward than Karen's case given that Kilgrave is one person while Fisk had a whole syndicate).

I can even imagine that Matt would have fought hard to keep Hope's case away from Hogarth. And I think Jessica would have found herself liking Matt and Foggy a lot more than her sort-of-friend/partial-employer, especially since Matt and Foggy would actually believe her and wouldn't have any grounds to object too strongly to Jessica's unorthodox ways given what Matt does every night.

You're ethically not allowed to solicit cases in person (I know that doesn't stop Nelson and Murdock, but Hogarth would absolutely pursue ethical violations) and you also can't talk to represented parties of another.

On top of that, they had one case under their belt (granted, a case that was way too high stakes) while Hogarth is one of the top lawyers in the country.

You're ethically not allowed to solicit cases in person (I know that doesn't stop Nelson and Murdock, but Hogarth would absolutely pursue ethical violations) and you also can't talk to represented parties of another.

On top of that, they had one case under their belt (granted, a case that was way too high stakes) while Hogarth is one of the top lawyers in the country.

And the "we have to separate these characters until they meet up in The Defenders." Honestly, one has to wonder where Marci was in Jessica Jones season 1, since she started at Hogarth Chao & Benowitz right after Fisk was caught (the explanation here being that there probably hadn't been plans for Marci to move to HC&B because Jessica Jones season 1 was written when there weren't yet even plans for a Daredevil season 2).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"