• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 3 "Who's Gonna Take the Weight?" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
rjOZM1K.png

UHdJ02h.png

7kDFluZ.png

Yaassss @ that fight/raid. :wow:

EDIT: OH DAMN, I did NOT see that coming! [blackout]I was just starting to like that guy too.[/blackout]

Last edited:
God I want to slap that Chico kid so hard.

Even Luke was ashamed about telling the truth about Chico to Pops. He didn't have the stomach to do it.

So much happening and we're only three episodes in. I'm loving this series so far.

EDIT: [blackout]Damn, that ending...[/blackout]

Last edited:
That might be my favorite episode so far and I was glad to see the action finally pick up a little bit. The scene between Stokes and Domingo was excellent.

"Nothing humbles a man like gravity" great quote from Stokes. When Misty's assistant said "You love the brothers" Um..maybe not much longer :funny:

Another nod to the "incident" and Thor's hammer.

I wasn't expecting that twist at the end, but the whole cop paid off by the bad guy trope is getting a little played out for me

Was cool seeing Luke eating Chinese food :cwink:

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed that Scarfe ended up being dirty. Until recently, Scarfe was always one of the good ones and a trusted friend of Misty Knight, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

From the moment Chico told scarce he wanted to talk...in some dark, secluded area I knew Scarfe was going to turn on him. That was way too predictable and it's a tiresome trope BUT the show is awesome so i'll let it slide.

Also, the bird/crocodile explanation was a really cool moment.

So far ranking the Marvel/Netflix villains I'd put them as:

Fisk, Cottenmouth then Killgrave.

Last edited:
Was that who I think it was lying in the hospital when Luke walked in?

The fight scene kicked ass, and great song choice for it as well.

Didn't see or didn't like Rafael Scarfe turning out to be dirty. I like him better as an ally to Cage, Fist and the rest of those guys.

And that ending, when Cottonmouth pulled out the rocket launcher, I was like damn the stakes just rose!

COMIC_powerman_20.jpg

I agree with everyone about Scarfe , I liked him so kinda bummed out but the episode itself was definetly the best so far. It's getting better and better!

I'll just start about 4/5 through.
Sweet Christmas Scarfe! (I originally had different words, but I thought it was appropriate). Like I said before, I know him from Shadowland where he was somewhat shady. Given that, this isn't all that shocking, but I'm sure a fan of the character (they probably exist) would be upset. I had to start with that. For the review, I noticed that episodes two and three are having intro scenes before the credits like Daredevil. I think it works better. Overall, this episode felt a lot like Daredevil. It even had the big hallway fight scene. However, Luke Cage's bulletproof-ness gave a different feel. Either way, quite good. I loved WuTang playing during that scene.

Apparently Misty is a Pistons fan with a Celtics fan dad. I take back what I said about her ;)

Four and a Half Stars.

Last edited:
Cage made those guys take a seat :sly:
Damn they made Scarfe corrupt. Frank Whaley is the weasel looking type. I knew as soon as Chico started talking under that shady bridge that Scarfe would kill him.

Mariah lost her s*** when called Black Mariah. Got to be an interesting backstory behind that nickname.

Cottonmouth using a rocket launcher on Cage is a nice nod to the comics.

That poor Chinese lady :csad:

Everyone is dying around Cage. He is like Idris Elba's Luther in that regard.

Had no issue with Scarfe being dirty. Saying it is played out is like saying reality is played out, lol. Plenty of dirty cops out there...

Scarfe certainly surprised me. Thought he would simply be the funny partner.

I was shaking my head at Domingo just wasting all that candy too.

They really kicked things into high gear with this episode. Seems like the whole Cottonmouth arc could be wrapped in the next episode so will be interesting to see how they get another 10 episodes out of this.

Just started yesterday and just finished episode three.
Aww, man, kinda liked Scarfe but I had a feeling he was going to do something bad to Chica when he drove under the dimly-lit bridge. But damn, I feel bad for Chico. RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"