The Punisher Season 2, Episode 9 "Flustercluck" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
The-Punisher-season-2-cast-700x300.jpg

EPISODE 9: "Flustercluck"

Use spoiler tags when discussing the events of any future episodes.

Hey, they used some classic LA Guns music ("Shoot For Thrills") in the beginning! Pretty cool!

There seems to be a simple rule. Every time Frank Castle shoots a bunch of people, my grade goes up a half star. But there were also so many good character moments here. From the beginning when they acknowledge that Frank was always the way he was. The death of his wife and kids didn't make him this way. Amy's story has reached the path it logically should when she pulls the trigger. This is a long-term plot that's been built well. I love that it wasn't easy. The man she shot was suffering and she had to live with that. Of course, when Frank Castle kills, he kills easy both literally and metaphorically as the man immediately goes dead.

Billy Russo's gang seems to have some allusions to toxic masculinity and Gillette ads in this episode. I'm glad Heretic pointed out who sang that song since I couldn't place it.

The religious dude's backstory gets some development. I figured whatever was happening with that organized crime guy would get resolved in the episode, though. There was debate about alt-right vs. religious right and I know there's another thread on that. I'll go back there after I finish the season. It struck me that this guy might not be Alt-Right but Schultz certainly fits the mold of a sort of Trump-right. A non-religious, wealthy individual (who shares many ideals with the alt-right) who is allied with the religious right. The clear difference is Schultz is shown to be a charlatan who uses religious rhetoric and espouses religious ideals to achieve his goals. He professes to be a religious man when he is not all the while using his position of privilege for personal gain. The whole thing with his son stood out. He's certainly using his son as much as anything else. The worst part is he even seems to realize that his son being gay might not be the end of everything, but it certainly complicates things and it's easier to kill a bunch of people than to deal with that complication.

Title of this episode is fun. The fact that Amy doesn't curse has stood out for a little while. Four and a Half Stars.

Frank killing that guy so amy wouldn’t have his death on her conscience was about the sweetest frank thing that Frank could ever do.

4 Franks out of 5.

Yeah this was a really good episode too. I'm glad to see Josh Stuart's character get more character development with his ties to that mob.

I laughed as soon as Amy left because of course she would do something so dumb. But it at least lead to the entertaining action scene and her actually using her training.

We often see or hear about doctors treating patients with the same problems as their selves. So, I’m just gonna say the doctor is a perfect match for Billy with how she’s helping him.

With Pilgrim having to reconnect with his past, I wonder if that will like unleash that side of him. So far it’s like he keeps it repressed and that’s why he tries to remain all cool and collected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"