The Punisher Season 1, Episode 4 "Resupply" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
marvels_the_punisher_tv_netflix_header_1.jpg

EPISODE 4: "Resupply"

Use spoiler tags when discussing the events of any future episodes.

Really disappointed that they didn't have a shootout on the docks at the end. Missed opportunity.

This episode featured a random Daredevil cameo that turned out to be far more of a cameo than I was expecting. Also, getting hit in the head with a gun and losing consciousness can cause brain damage. This episode felt mostly like set up about Frank getting guns, but the hunt was interesting. The side stuff with the Micro Punisher relationship was fascinating. You're starting to see some insecurities and jealousy with David, which is what I think led to the final episode and his actions. It was nice to see some magic hacking because hacking is the ultimate weapon.

On a side note, I'm starting to suspect Curtis more than Billy Russo. The story with the veteran with PTSD is very much leading towards some kind of snap.

The ending was cool. It's a subdued car chase similar to the French Connection, but I like that we finally get our first confrontation between Dinah and Frank. It's good to have him revealed and this seems to clear the air going forward.

Four Stars.

The car chase was awesome and wonderfully gritty. I really enjoy Micro and Frank's chemistry and am happy that it's not just a bunch of buddy-buddy banter. Turk can't catch a break man.

So far... I don't know. I remember some complaints with DD S2 were that Bernthal was humanising Frank a bit much-- which was, on the flipside, a positive for the other half of viewers (including comic fans) instead of him being an emotionless robot or killing machine, however on this show... I kinda agree with the criticism?

The way Jon is playing him from little things like his mannerisms he's bringing from other roles, to the storylines that are forcing a more upbeat Frank ("upbeat" in his case, which isn't much but still noticeable lol) is a bit distracting. I'm not liking his subplot with Micro's family or interactions with [y'know] mainly for that reason. Hoping he brings it down a little/goes back to his darker roots.

So far... I don't know. I remember some complaints with DD S2 were that Bernthal was humanising Frank a bit much-- which was, on the flipside, a positive for the other half of viewers (including comic fans) instead of him being an emotionless robot or killing machine, however on this show... I kinda agree with the criticism?

The way Jon is playing him from little things like his mannerisms he's bringing from other roles, to the storylines that are forcing a more upbeat Frank ("upbeat" in his case, which isn't much but still noticeable lol) is a bit distracting. I'm not liking his subplot with Micro's family or interactions with [y'know] mainly for that reason. Hoping he brings it down a little/goes back to his darker roots.

I am not going to lie, I despised how this show was set up. When Frank wasn't in a scene, it did drag. But what you say about his humanity, I agree. If I'm not mistaken,
Karen dies in the comics, even though it's related to Daredevil. But I am wondering if they decide to have a cross over, and Karen gets killed and dies in front of him, if that is what will trigger the Punisher we are expecting?

You can't make a 13 episode show starring an emotionally repressed killing machine.

Nothing in the show so far isn't anything we have not seen in the comics.
In the comics there are times when Castle is almost normal and is sociable with people.

Early on in the comics the Punisher didn't even always kill bad guys.

Always fun to see Turk pop up in these shows.

I’m thinking Lewis is gonna Lille Curtis.

I really liked the car chase scene.

Might be the best episode yet. The car chase was cool, Frank and Dinah interact so hopefully that'll get the plot going.

I have a feeling things aren't going to end well for Curtis. Episode 5 and maybe 6 later today

I liked the grenade cortisol comment and the get hot or get wet gag.

Car chase was great. Loved that they didn't play music during the bulk of it and just left us with revving engines and screeching tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"