Falcon and Winter Soldier Season 1, Episode 6: "One World, One People" (Series Finale)

One more thing about Sam. Didn't when he was first introduced in the Marvel Universe (the movies), he had some sort of "disability"? Hence the reason why he retired from the military and was working for the VA? Like he had a back injury or something....I wonder why they chose not to continue to address this?. Oh well....

The MCU really missed a trick here and with a number of non-enhanced characters.

I get they didn’t want to go with the character from the comics but if he was just going to be a normal person then they could’ve at least given him some kind of enhancement.

It would’ve take two seconds when they first introduced the character to explain he had an injury and some kind of enhancement to fix it such as a prosthetic. This then enhances his other abilities and provides some justification for all of the amazing stuff he’ll have to do to go toe to toe with superheroes and aliens.

Instead we’re supposed to believe that giving him wings allows allows him to take on the universe.

This is the issue with all of the other non-enhanced characters including and especially Tony Stark. Again if he was to be THE hero and eventually was to go to toe to toe with Thanos they should’ve just included a line that the arc reactor in his chest gave him some kind of physical boost or given him extremis.

Had Iron Man 3 at least set this up then it would’ve contributed something to the MCU.

One more thing about Sam. Didn't when he was first introduced in the Marvel Universe (the movies), he had some sort of "disability"? Hence the reason why he retired from the military and was working for the VA? Like he had a back injury or something....I wonder why they chose not to continue to address this?. Oh well....

The MCU really missed a trick here and with a number of non-enhanced characters.

I get they didn’t want to go with the character from the comics but if he was just going to be a normal person then they could’ve at least given him some kind of enhancement.

It would’ve take two seconds when they first introduced the character to explain he had an injury and some kind of enhancement to fix it such as a prosthetic. This then enhances his other abilities and provides some justification for all of the amazing stuff he’ll have to do to go toe to toe with superheroes and aliens.

Instead we’re supposed to believe that giving him wings allows allows him to take on the universe.

This is the issue with all of the other non-enhanced characters including and especially Tony Stark. Again if he was to be THE hero and eventually was to go to toe to toe with Thanos they should’ve just included a line that the arc reactor in his chest gave him some kind of physical boost or given him extremis.

Had Iron Man 3 at least set this up then it would’ve contributed something to the MCU.

It’s not too late to address these issues. All it requires is a 2 second explanation!

25eebb7f4d3c2caa8069bc8882496383dbe62d6e.gifv

2de88bc9b23d2f4eafe568643f99afae11adceb0.gifv

I'm still wondering whether the Flagsmashers were anarchists or terrorists or simply poorly written.

I'm still wondering whether the Flagsmashers were anarchists or terrorists or simply poorly written.

They were definitely terrorists. They were reluctant terrorists with an understandable point of view, but terrorists nonetheless. They felt like second class citizens to the people returning from the blip, which is how their discontent started. Karli became more paranoid and radical, and she infected her followers with that viewpoint.

The idea that you side more with Walker and call him adorable says a lot imo. It's a bit disconcerting. Both are villains. They are both responsible for unnecessary deaths.
I wouldn't exactly call him adorable, but to equate those 2 just doesn't work. He killed 1 terrorist, while she killed a bunch of incapacitated soldiers in a supply building they emptied out. In the end, he chose to do the right thing instead of revenge, but she chose to potentially blow up more people. They are not the same.
Considering that they have Black Widow being able to hold her own against an army of aliens with advanced tech in Avengers, robots in AoU, and being able to hold her own against a Black Order member and against another army of aliens in IW, I've already given up trying to hold back any suspension of disbelief to her power level :funny:

Considering that they have Black Widow being able to hold her own against an army of aliens with advanced tech in Avengers, robots in AoU, and being able to hold her own against a Black Order member and against another army of aliens in IW, I've already given up trying to hold back any suspension of disbelief to her power level :funny:

I haven’t given up hope for a reveal in the Black Widow movie!

But yes it’s the same issue with her. Again all it would’ve required was a two second explanation that she has some kind of enhancement.

It’s such a simple fix I don’t understand why it should even require a suspension of disbelief.

They have created this universe with serums and other enhancements so they can use them. They then get to play with the normal laws of physics.

It’s the same with the Cap’s shield, even more so now that Falcon has it. A simple magnet could have resolved the issue for when it needs to cod back to the user. The random bouncing I can deal with especially with the jokes they make about it, but if there are simple explanations for things they should just deal with that.

And it’s not just about being pedantic. Every time a story operates outside the laws of physics or the laws of their own invented universe, it removes a degree of jeopardy.

We might know the heroes will never die but the joy is usually trying to figure out how they’ll escape. And we do that by reference to the rules that the story writers created. So when they break those rules or don’t even explain how something works there is a sense of feeling cheated. That they took some easy way out.

That was the biggest issue with the new Star Wars films. The MCU has done a reasonable job and has also played off the almost cartoon nature of comic book fights. But it’s still annoying there’s these unnecessary gaps.

Last edited:
*cough* The mistake is presuming that this is a universe where "super" is intrinsically superior in all ways to "not super". Its not, its a comic book universe. There are all kinds of possible origins for a hero, and "talent and training" is a perfectly valid one, which puts limits on the *kinds* of abilities a character can have, but not especially on their *scale*. Black Widow doesn't need 'superpowers' to be an omnicompetent martial artist and spy, Hawkeye doesn't need 'superpowers' to be preternaturally accurate with ranged weapons, and Sam Wilson doesn't need 'superpowers' to be an untouchable acrobatic target in the air. Skill and training is enough, because this isn't an iron age setting where only people with Magic Phlebotinum X can be more than ordinary ineffective humans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"