Falcon and Winter Soldier Season 1, Episode 6: "One World, One People" (Series Finale)

The Caped Knight

Shield Avenger
Reaction score
It's all been leading to this, The Flagsmashers make their presence know in New York and its up to Sam and Bucky to stop them in their tracks.

You beat me by a minute making this thread :funny:

Last edited:
**** Karli, go John, Sharon how could you!

New York? Could that mean a Spider-Man cameo?

Well, my thoughts are the episode was a bit rushed it felt like, but the ending was predictable (except for the Sharon part). I like the females being the villains so I'm okay with it.

Definitely it hit harder for the social commentary on black America, but given the MCU up to this point, it was about time. Sam deserved his recognition.

I'm a bit bummed not seeing Steve. I guess when they said "gone", they really meant it.

I also wish the end credit said White Wolf instead of Winter Soldier. Bucky would have deserved that.

Well they wasted no time in Sam flying in as The New Cap, Glad to See both Walker and Barnes working together.

Batroc vs New Cap was a decent fight.

The Flagsmashers we're really a credible threat as much as the writers wanted them to be.

Sharon Carter role definitely seems out of place and I wonder if she's been replaced by a Skrull (Similar to Jessica Drew was in Secret Invasion)

Val continues her manipulation tactics and recomissions John to the role of U.S. Agent

Glad we got to see Zemo again. He seems to be content with his new surroundings

The Isaiah wrap up storyline was bittersweet and Similar to the comics only its Sam instead of Steve.

This finale felt off, like it was rushed in wrapping up certain plot points. I wanted to like this new chapter with Sam as Cap, yet I felt it was kinda sub-par.

Sharon is either still working for some other big fish for real/undercover or she's an evil Skrull and this is another Secret Invasion tease.

Finale started off with a bang right away. Very entertaining. Loved the brief team up between Walker, Sam, and Bucky in taking down the Flag Smashers. Glad that Karli bit the dust, she was pretty damn annoying

So what’s up with Sharon now? Is she going to be a full on villain now?

Zemo not letting be behind bars keep him from accomplishing his goal lol

As entertaining as the finale was it seemed too predictable, except for maybe the Sharon reveal but there was already speculation.

Did anyone else think it felt kinda rushed?

Also, unlike the previous episodes which the quality felt movie like there were a couple of moments throughout the finale that felt TV like

Overall, I enjoyed this season. Got introduced to Walker/US Agent, character progression for Bucky & Sam, bringing back Zemo, and more world building within the Captain America/Marvel bubble. Hope there is a second season and maybe even a US Agent spinoff

Finale started off with a bang right away. Very entertaining. Loved the brief team up between Walker, Sam, and Bucky in taking down the Flag Smashers. Glad that Karli bit the dust, she was pretty damn annoying

So what’s up with Sharon now? Is she going to be a full on villain now?

Zemo not letting be behind bars keep him from accomplishing his goal lol

As entertaining as the finale was it seemed too predictable, except for maybe the Sharon reveal but there was already speculation.

Did anyone else think it felt kinda rushed?

Also, unlike the previous episodes which the quality felt movie like there were a couple of moments throughout the finale that felt TV like

Overall, I enjoyed this season. Got introduced to Walker/US Agent, character progression for Bucky & Sam, bringing back Zemo, and more world building within the Captain America/Marvel bubble. Hope there is a second season and maybe even a US Agent spinoff

Super rushed it felt like. And I'm glad they got the happy ending, but it was pretty predictable. Which is totally fine (no deaths, thank you Marvel). I would have liked a longer episode and maybe things a bit more fleshed out.

Mixed 6/10 for me.

Only thing I can say I really enjoyed was seeing Sam finally as Cap! Aerial fight scene with the shield was done well. Costume looks good too.

Everything else, not so much.

The editing and cuts and even choice of camera shots were off and all over the place during the whole New York scene. It felt very TV-ish, but Agents of Shield had better editing than this episode honestly.

Power Broker reveal was anti-climactic. The end fight was even more anti-climactic. End credits didn’t do anything for me either.

The John Walker reveal could’ve been done better, him being so goofy at the end with Julia Dreyfus was weird. Although the helmet joke was funny.

I wish the Russo’s could’ve come back for this one, maybe directed 1 episode. A finale with the Russo touch would’ve been nice.

I'm not the only one who feels this was rushed and slightly off-putting

Same.

5 episodes of build up to end the way that it did so quickly.

I would like to see a 3 hour cut of the whole series spliced like a movie and removing all the fillers. It would probably flow better.

Nope. It was an uneven finale to a very uneven series, imo.

The closing title card was a nice touch, though.

I'd be mad about the Sharon thing if it wasn't obvious that she's a Skrull and setting up Secret Invasion.

This finale definitely felt rushed, but it was still a really solid episode overall IMO and damn was the first 20 minutes badass. Loved seeing the Cap/Falcon suit in action and while you could tell it was very CGI enhanced I still thought alot of the aerial sequences looked great, especially those new wings.

Seeing everybody come together in the end was pretty awesome and I'm glad John Walker has finally come into his own and we now officially have U.S. Agent to look forward to in the future.

Hopefully, we do get a U.S. Agent show at some point, because I am so down for seeing more of Wyatt Russell as this character aswell as his awkward interactions with Julia Louis-Dreyfus lol.

Sam's speech was great too and while I expected it to go the route that it did it was still nice getting somekind of closure for Isiah and seeing him teary eyed and hugging Sam at the end infront of the statue was definitely a earned touching/heartwarming moment.

I'm glad The Flagsmashers are done though and Karli bitting it doesn't suprise me one bit, but just what the heck is really going on with Sharon, because it seems like she's pretty much a full on villian right now?

I'm guessing its something Skrull/Secret Invasion related, but I'm not entirely sure.

Nope. It was an uneven finale to a very uneven series, imo.

The closing title card was a nice though, though.

I'd be mad about the Sharon thing if it wasn't obvious that she's a Skrull and setting up Secret Invasion.

Uneven. That’s the word I was looking for!

Re-watching the 1st episode and wow that was by far the best episode of the series! Started out like a real glorified action movie! By comparison, the finale felt like an action TV show. It’s uneven.

I just started and they gave me what I wanted straightaway! Falcon-Cap Wings and Shield combo! :cool:

They picked the wrong villains in the Flagsmashers and mixing them with the Super Soldier Serum and Power Broker storylines. There were just too many tones, storylines, and characters this show was trying to service and I think they got like 75-85% of it right. As much I hate to say it (since I tend to like the Captain America slice of the MCU more), WandaVision was the stronger overall series. It feels as if Marvel Studios is still trying to figure out the whole TV series thing and these series both show that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"