• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Falcon and Winter Soldier Season 1, Episode 6: "One World, One People" (Series Finale)

I share the sentiments of a lot of people here. It was rushed and predictable, but the stuff with Sam was really good.

Sharon has become nothing more than a filthy arms dealer. Peggy would knock her on her ass if she was still alive. If Sharon is a Skrull I'm not going to be happy about that either. The Skrull have been refugees and good people up until this point. I like them. I dont want them to become antagonists. Especially for a stupid reason like stealing tech and weapons from earth. Earth is a primitive backwater planet compared to the rest of the galaxy. They can get better tech and weapons from other planets.

Julia's character continues to be annoying. I'll be glad when she shows her true face and drops the try too hard "funny" attitude.

The reveal of US Agent was lazy and half assed. Why would those three go back to that room for that? It felt like the showrunners just reused a set out of convenience and laziness. John should have arrived at the battle in his new US Agent outfit and should have identified himself as US Agent then and there.

Bucky continues to be nerfed. I really wanted him to finally come to terms with Winter Soldier and realize that in his attempt to not be Winter Soldier he went too far the other direction and became ineffectual. I wanted to see him dominate the Flagsmashers.

Sam engaging with Batroc in a fight was a waste of time during a hostage crisis. We've seen Sam use guns to injure and kill enemies. He should have shot Batroc and moved on. I really hope this isn't Marvel introducing a no kill rule now that Sam is rebranding himself as Captain America.

I'm glad they killed Karli. I'm not glad that Marvel put a positive spin on her terrorism and murder.

Last edited:
The Isiah Bradley storyline was the best part of the series IMHO.
I'd love to see Walker get a promotion to the movies. He has a lot of potential as a character and Wyatt Russell is killing it.

BTW, hadn't Marvel confirmed that Yelena Belova would appear in the series and that's why it was initially to be released after Black Widow? Or was that only a rumor?

Don’t forget the mid credit scene btw for this one. I’ve really enjoyed Sam, Bucky, Walker & Zemo in this show. The flag smashers have been a downer throughout though. The show progresses some MCU issues that are important like Sam now being Cap, Bucky dealing with his issues and the birth of US Agent. Looking forward to more from all of them in future shows or films. I could see Sam as Cap leading a new Avengers teams at some stage too.

I’m thinking Sharon is helping or going to be part of dark avengers/thunderbolts team.

I thought the finale was good overall. Loved Sam as Captain America. Loved the twist with Sharon. I’ll be honest, I thought the flag smasher storyline was the weakest part of the series. I’m still not 100% clear on their motivations and goals. So they wanted the government to stop spending money on the people who were blipped back? Karli was just really boring and annoying. Also didn’t like how Sam wanted the Senators to try to sympathize with Karli and her group. They were terrorists plain and simple. They murdered people in the name of their “cause”. That whole part didn’t sit right with me.

The series basically got Sam, Bucky, and John Walker's arcs and storylines right, Zemo's three-quarters right, Sharon's maybe half-right, and Karli's completely wrong.

I share the sentiments of a lot of people here. It was rushed and predictable, but the stuff with Sam was really good.

Sharon has become nothing more than a filthy arms dealer. Peggy would knock her on her ass if she was still alive. If Sharon is a Skrull I'm not going to be happy about that either. The Skrull have been refugees and good people up until this point. I like them. I dont want them to become antagonists. Especially for a stupid reason like stealing tech and weapons from earth. Earth is a primitive backwater planet compared to the rest of the galaxy. They can get better tech and weapons from other planets.

Julia's character continues to be annoying. I'll be glad when she shows her true face and drops the try too hard "funny" attitude.

The reveal of US Agent was lazy and half assed. Why would those three go back to that room for that? It felt like the showrunners just reused a set out of convenience and laziness. John should have arrived at the battle in his new US Agent outfit and should have identified himself as US Agent then and there.

Bucky continues to be nerfed. I really wanted him to finally come to terms with Winter Soldier and realize that in his attempt to not be Winter Soldier he went too far the other direction and became ineffectual. I wanted to see him dominate the Flagsmashers.

Sam engaging with Batroc in a fight was a waste of time during a hostage crisis. We've seen Sam use guns to injure and kill enemies. He should have shot Batroc and moved on. I really hope this isn't Marvel introducing a no kill rule now that Sam is rebranding himself as Captain America.

I'm glad they killed Karli. I'm not glad that Marvel put a positive spin on her terrorism and murder.

Have to agree with all of that.

How tf was Karli able to go one on one with Walker at all ? Did I miss the bit where they explain her fighting skills, because someone like Walker or Bucky should be able to wipe the floor with her. Bucky should have been able to absolutely destroy the Flag Smashers in hand to hand. He has been massively nerfed, ugh.

What would have made more sense is if Bucky had to stop Walker from killing Karli.

Honestly, I don't get the sympathy angle for Karli. The show is trying really hard ( via Sam) to get us to see her as not such a bad person, and at the same time shows her killing and attempting to kill whole groups. How tf can she say " I'm sorry" when she deliberately tried to crash the police van to kill the GRC members ? Ridiculous.

Sam got a lot of good moments, so have to feel good about that.

Walker getting it together and being a hero worked nicely but I think we actually needed a moment of reconciliation between Bucky and John, because in Ep 5, John's trying to kill Sam - and Sam and Buck kick the **** out of him - then in Ep 6 all of a sudden they're chummy. A bit rushed.

Great to see GSP back and Batroc, as always.

I know it’s a direct translation from the comics but the headpiece on Sam looks dumb. It’s not even practical because it’s not a helmet that covers his head just his neck for some reason.

I liked last week’s episode better. The turn for Walker was a little too quick and Bucky being cool with it was also fast. He just tried killing Sam last episode.

And Sam’s speech was just too hokey and heavy handed for my tastes. It simplified a lot of issues into idealism, which for a superhero speech is fine I guess but not my cup of tea.

And Sharon as power broker was completely predictable yet disappointing at the same time.

I loved Sam's Cap costume, I loved his monologue when he set the Senator straight on live television, but what’s most important is that I loved everything that he said and did with Isaiah Bradley's character and finally giving him recognition. Bucky was great in this episode too as per usual. The Flagsmasher thing was a bit hokey, Karli got annoying but I do appreciate the function of using them to build up Sam and his transformation into Captain America.

If the Sharon/Power Broker stuff leads into Secret Invasion then color me intrigued.

I also saw what they did there with Walker saying "Lamar's life mattered."

For a series (a Marvel series at that since people like to say "Oh the MCU has a formula and does the same thing etc") that wrote about modern day race relations, classism, mental health, politics and all under the superhero genre, I think they did a solid job overall.

Last edited:
It wrapped up good enough IMO. My only real nitpick for this episode is that the mid credit scene was not worth being a mid credit scene.

I would’ve much preferred no scene during or after the credits at all.

A bit rushed, not the best villain but I liked the finale and the show overall. I feel JLD can really turn it up a notch in the future. I liked Sam's speech, suit and the stuff with Isaiah. Sharon's heel turn was sort of expected but still surprising. I'd like to see more of how she turned this way and I wouldn't be surprised if we do.

Overall, I think I preferred WandaVision more but still enjoyed this.

I'll also add that Sharon being a Skrull wouldn't make much sense at all.

I thought the finale was good overall. Loved Sam as Captain America. Loved the twist with Sharon. I’ll be honest, I thought the flag smasher storyline was the weakest part of the series. I’m still not 100% clear on their motivations and goals. So they wanted the government to stop spending money on the people who were blipped back? Karli was just really boring and annoying. Also didn’t like how Sam wanted the Senators to try to sympathize with Karli and her group. They were terrorists plain and simple. They murdered people in the name of their “cause”. That whole part didn’t sit right with me.

No Karli didn't want the old borders reinstated. After the blip borders seem to have ceased to exist in a lot of countries. People were allowed to go to a bunch of different countries freely without any kind of citizenship or persecution from governments. They moved into houses and onto land that were abandoned. After everyone blipped back suddenly governments want to reinstate strict borders, move refugees back to their original countries, and go back to the status quo. Which is understandable to anyone with common sense. After the blip with half the population gone countries could afford to be lax with territory and borders. They could afford to let millions of refugees move into different countries. But now suddenly 4 billion people just blipped back into existence and they want their property and lives back. Governments need to get things back to normal. Karli and her people couldn't accept that.

The GRC was the one spearheading the return to the status quo. It was the face of the movement. So Karli went after the GRC.

I agree with others that Sam's neck piece is pointless. I noticed in the monologue scene that it makes Sam more stiff like Batman. Either the actor isn't comfortable with it or it is actually restricting his neck movement. Either way it needs to go.

Last edited:

I agree to this. Bucky was nerfed to the point that he can't go toe to toe with Walker in the last episode. He's been trained to fight as a WWII soldier and Winter Soldier for more than 70 years and he already fought with super soldiers before but in the last episode, he can't last 1 minute with Walker without Sam's help. Oh well, I guess the plot needed him to be nerfed.

between this and wandavision's finale, you could clearly see how covid effected the filming of both shows.

finale was mediocre overall. the best part is all the isaiah bradley stuff and winter soldier finally being dead and we're just left with smiling/happy bucky.

sam's speech to the grc was great but i think would've been served better in another setting. having that there with his mask on just felt a little off for me.

all-in on sharon being a skrull or some part of that secret invasion storyline. definitely not with ross b/c he has access to all that stuff anyway. maybe she's with val?

this is how i break out the season and my grades on it:

sam becoming cap - which involves all the isaiah bradley stuff: A

sam and bucky's relationship - which involves sam counseling bucky and ending the nightmares: A

sam & his family which involves fixing the boat - B-

zemo's re-introduction: B- felt his overall arch was just to help a few things move along.

john walker's captain america: A

sharon/powerbroker: D. it may get fleshed out further in secret invasion as that's where i think it's going but within this series - not good.

flagsmashers/grc: C (i gave it leniency b/c the real storyline was clearly altered due to covid)

overall i felt the show was around a B. there were some really quality A+ stuff and then alot of dud moments.

Much like WandaVision, I think this had a lot of good stuff (what they did with Zemo and Walker especially), but it ultimately dropped the ball due to a rushed finale featuring underdeveloped villains and cringey dialogue (I legitimately winced when Sam said "Au revoir").

Overall, it has more good than bad, but its nowhere near as good as I was expecting. I was expecting a show that was basically an extended version of TWS. But instead, I got something that was frustratingly serviceable.

Marvel had better step things up a gear with Loki or I'm going to start wondering whether Feige has lost his touch...

Also, fun question: who was a worse villain - Tyler Hayward or Karli Morgenthau?

Last edited:
That was a pretty good season (series) finale for a solid MCU series.

Stuff I liked: Sam's new suit, John Walker's redemption, Evil Sharon, Zemo's manservant, Isaiah Bradley, don't call me Val, Wilson family cookout

Stuff I didn't:

I used to knock the Netflix Defenders shows for the large amounts of filler to get to 13 episodes - It's Karen Page's origin! - but we really needed at least one episode focused on Karli to get us to care about her or any member of her multinational group of troublemakers.

I assumed since we met him that Sam was going to get Isaiah into the Captain America exhibit. But how the hell did he get a massive bronze statue built so quickly? Was this more Wakandan magic? An exhibit with just photos and memorabilia probably would have made more sense.

Did John, the Missus and Val bump into the Senator after leaving the multipurpose Washington D.C. office space later used for Sharon's hearing? Were there no other rooms available for a costume fitting?

I'm disappointed we didn't see Steve on the moon.

I found myself agreeing with the senator more than Sam during that speech at the end. Lol

Same. It’s a really tough situation and there is no right answer, either way someone is not going to be happy. That’s the one part of the episode I didn’t like, Sam judging these people trying to do their jobs in a very complicated situation.

Not okay with Sam not "labeling" the Flag-Smashers "terrorists." I agree with what they were fighting for, but as previously stated in a previous episode, the way they did it was wrong and definitely considered terrorism.

And I'm gonna assume this episode took place around the time that Spidey was in Europe during FFH. Because if he was in NYC, he absolutely would have been there.

Besides those two minor things, I enjoyed the finale.

Loved Sams intro as Cap, and his suit. (besides the neck thingy)

Loved Isaiah's redemption. Can't wait to see his grandson become Patriot.

Sharon was predictable, but I'm glad she's the Power Broker.

Can't wait to see Walker and Val in the future.

And announce the Thunderbolt's already, Feige!!

Much like WandaVision, I think this had a lot of good stuff (what they did with Zemo and Walker especially), but it ultimately dropped the ball due to a rushed finale featuring underdeveloped villains and cringey dialogue (I legitimately winced when Sam said "Au revoir").

Overall, it has more good than bad, but its nowhere near as good as I was expecting. I was expecting a show that was basically an extended version of TWS. But instead, I got something that was frustratingly serviceable.

Marvel had better step things up a gear with Loki or I'm going to start wondering whether Feige has lost his touch...

Also, fun question: who was a worse villain - Tyler Hayward or Karli Morgenthau?

the rushed finales really were a product of covid. they were scrambling to get the shows finished so they can release it now. i think the wandavision finale was done 2 weeks before it aired.

It’s kind of weird they’d change the name at the end from Falcon and the Winter Soldier to Captain America and the Winter Soldier but not White Wolf or Bucky. The show is as much about Bucky accepting a new mantle as it is about Sam as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"