X-Men ‘97 Season 1, Episode 7: "Bright Eyes" (SPOILERS)

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
The X-Men finds Sentinel inventor Bolivar Trask, realizing they've been played by a mastermind.

Discuss the latest episode.

Anyone else wondering if something happened to Rogue after she probed Gyrich and both Bastion's and Nimrod's features appeared? Because the next scene with her, she's near a cemetary so I'm wondering if there's something more going on there or if it was just an odd transition.

Had never read Morrison’s original plans for New X-Men but there’s some interesting stuff in this article about their original story pitch for Gambit, and specifically how he was going to die in Genosha.

Which X-man was Grant Morrison going to kill on Genosha?

They planned to rework Rogue and Gambit’s dynamic by flipping it on its head, with Rogue as the desperate lover and Gambit as the one not able to touch his beloved. It was a, to quote a May 2001 email chain between Morrison, Claremont, and Marvel editors Mark Powers and Matt Hicks, “nice new twist on the doomed, romantic mediaevalism of their love.” Gambit would be caught up in the destruction of Genosha by the wild Tri-Sentinel, and his powers, flaring wildly, would transform him into a new “electromagnetic phantom form” to survive. Still able to communicate, but unable to actually interact with the physical world, he’d work with Rogue while she tries to find a cure for his condition.

Could be an interesting route to go in Season 2 (or 3) instead of resurrecting him as Death.

Anyone else wondering if something happened to Rogue after she probed Gyrich and both Bastion's and Nimrod's features appeared? Because the next scene with her, she's near a cemetary so I'm wondering if there's something more going on there or if it was just an odd transition.

There were a few weird cuts in this scene. That definitely stuck out—Trask tells them team to meet him Madripoor and in the next scene they’re in Mexico instead.

Then, when Wolverine is falling off the building he calls out for Cyclops, and it seems like he’s going to save him but then that never goes anywhere.

I do like your theory, though. But I’d hate to see the X-Men have to fight a Sentinel-ized Rogue.

Had never read Morrison’s original plans for New X-Men but there’s some interesting stuff in this article about their original story pitch for Gambit, and specifically how he was going to die in Genosha.

Which X-man was Grant Morrison going to kill on Genosha?

Could be an interesting route to go in Season 2 (or 3) instead of resurrecting him as Death.
I'd rather have this than him completely gone. I was never a huge fan of Gambit's Death persona. I must not be the only one as it wasn't long before that aspect of him was completely ignored like it never happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"