• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Daredevil Season 2, Episode 1 "Bang" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

I've only watched episode 1 so far and am not binge watching. This show was a welcome return. I much prefer it to Jessica Jones. It doesn't feel like nearly a whole year ago though that Season 1 was on.

Yup, all my spoilers:

Superb introductory episode into Season 2.

Pros:

• The synergy of Charlie Cox, Elden Hensen, and Deborah Ann Woll continues to be a MAJOR highlight of this show
  • Chefs stomping that crap out of the bandit in the kitchen made me laugh
  • The build up to The Punisher AND the Hospital Scene. The latter got me so pumped, I was on the verge of falling asleep as it was very late but that gave me an adrenaline rush
  • Punisher no look tossing the gun into the trash can was smooth
  • I love the sound effects of the billy club. Are these new from last season?
  • Really enjoyed the scene with Foggy at the Bar frequented by the Dogs of Hell. The lengths that Foggy goes mirrors Matt's in a way...minus physical training, enhanced senses, etc :)
  • Karen Page taking more responsibility at the firm is a huge plus
  • Loved seeing the two different fighting styles converge near the end. Matt hits quick in rapid succession, but the Punisher knows how to take a hit and throws heavy punches that immediately knock Matt down.
Cons:

• Was it explained why Punisher took that man's hand off or did he just shot gun blast it off or something? Not really a con, just a question.
More thoughts here:

https://soundcloud.com/kitchen-table-rants/daredevil-s2-e1-review

Solid opening to S2.

. The opening did not have the power of Cox's opening confession monologue to the Father in S1. Even throughout the first season I thought that DeKnight, Petrie and Ramirez weren't at the level of Goddard, hence the first two eps of S1 being my favorite, and this episode even feels clunkier than some of the dialogue near the latter half of Season 1. The Irish mobster scene reminded me of Fisk's Good Samaritan parable that he had in the finale of last season. Ugh.

. That being said, I do like having Phil Abraham back to direct these first 2 eps.

. Cox, Woll and Henson's chemistry is on point again. I think Cox and Henson have absolutely marvelous chemistry and their conversation about Foggy's date was very nice. I hope that we get to see more of Matt rather than Daredevil this season, and it seems like we will with Elektra coming back.

. Man, does that OP still rock.

. The Punisher's introduction was great. Do agree the fights aren't as good as the first episode of last season, but that being said, at least it was easier to see. I got a lot of Anton Chigurh vibes from Frank, and that's exactly how he needs to be. Though the first ep already kinda grounds him rather than making him an otherworldly, supernatural threat like Chigurh, I liked his intro and can't wait to see more of him.

Critical issues aside, I enjoyed the ep. DD's crime noir - HK action film - ninja story is right up my alley so I'll like it no matter what kinda reservations I have more or less.

Yup, all my spoilers:

Cons:

• Was it explained why [BLACKOUT]Punisher took that man's hand off or did he just shot gun blast it off or something? Not really a con, just a question.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]Handcuffed to the dude's hand was the briefcase with the Irish gang's[/BLACKOUT] money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"