Daredevil Season 1, Episode 5 "World On Fire" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score

SQs68NO.png

Discuss Episode 5: "World on Fire" here.

Fisk moves forward with plans that threaten to rip Hell's Kitchen apart. Murdock and Foggy take on a case helping tenants victimized by a slumlord.
ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Last edited:
This is my last one before I get some sleep. Might have stopped after 4, but with that ending...

Let's go...

Looks like Matt is headed for Claire's temple

Mr Cage shan't be happy

Last edited:
Serious **** is going down and we're only 5 episodes in... I love this show.

Yes this show is amazeballs haha. It's ramping up with each episode and this one took it to another level! It's amazing how noir and comic booky it looks without being cheesy. Vincent and Charlie are amazing actors. Each episode just begs you to go to the next one

Unfortunately, this is our only look at Radar Vision in season 1.

Love blooms in this episode, with a focus on three romantic pairings. The romance between Matt and Claire is probably the least convincing at this stage. I felt more warmth and sweetness in the pairing of Foggy and Karen. In general this was a great episode for Foggy, Elden Henson getting to add more layers of decency to a part that until now has largely been comic relief. Though the best love story in the show continues to be that of Wilson Fisk and Vanessa. I like that they're not making Vanessa just some oblivious dupe, but giving her some agency and moral culpability of her own in knowingly aligning herself with Fisk. The explosive climax it all built up to was really well-executed, and we were left with a great cliffhanger ending.

They put a stamp on Claire/Matt pretty quickly :o .

That was a dumb move IMHO. I feel like that fallout should've happened later in the season. Just saying, if she's still in it after she gets kidnapped tortured and almost murdered...her turn later on didn't come off as organic to me.

And listen, if it sounds like I'm hating on the show, that's not the case. I LOVE the show. But that doesn't mean I think its perfect. There are things here and there I think the show could've done a little better in terms of narrative.

Each episode keepw getting better. Really love the dynamic Vanessa and Wilson have. Also Foggy and Karen are cute as hell, even as it seems Karen will fall for Matt.

Think i wont sleep tonight, this show is too interesting.

They put a stamp on Claire/Matt pretty quickly :o .

That was a dumb move IMHO. I feel like that fallout should've happened later in the season. Just saying, if she's still in it after she gets kidnapped tortured and almost murdered...her turn later on didn't come off as organic to me.

And listen, if it sounds like I'm hating on the show, that's not the case. I LOVE the show. But that doesn't mean I think its perfect. There are things here and there I think the show could've done a little better in terms of narrative.

Yeah, I'd say that the quick-burn Matt and Clare romance is maybe the only foot wrong the show has put in the first 5 episodes, which isn't bad going all-in-all. Not a major error, either, I just think I bought Clare more as a non-romantic confidante for Matt.

Really digging the show so far. Was only planning on watching 2-3 episodes today, but I was glued. Unfortunately I have to go to work.

So they really gonna friend zone my boy Foggy like that

T"Challa;31069627 said:
So they really gonna friend zone my boy Foggy like that

Don't worry, he gets some action later.

Let's go...

Looks like Matt is headed for Claire's temple

Mr Cage shan't be happy

Well why not. With Karen not a love interest at the moment, Elektra waiting in the wings to turn up, Matasha (Matt and Natasha) may or may not ever happen, and god knows if and when DeKnight and co. will ever use Heather Glen, Mila Donovan, Kirsten McDuffie or Typhoid Mary (or even Misty Knight) so Maire it is(i know crappy shipper name but it'll do).

Besides, Luke has/will have Jessica

Love all the Foggy moments in this episode. He's no slouch as a character and person. Calling Matt a "sexual rain man" for his ability to suss out hot women was a highlight. The whole 'city on fire' conceit was very well done too. The dark mirroring of Matt and Wilson really starting to come through now. Desperate men with desperate measures.

I'm still watching the episode. That reunion scene Marci was great. And she was hot too.

Another great episode.

I thought the viewing the world on fire and how they depicted it was cool. Plus, it was kinda the opposite of what they did in the DD film.

The episode made me realize after being turned off by how love interests are handled in other superhero-related shows I've seen, I was actually invested in the relationships that seemed to be picking up. Foggy and Karen were great. Claire and Matt was interesting in that it seemingly killed it right then and there. Though, I thought it was odd she loved him already. Vanessa and Kingpin was pretty cool too. I just assumed he would just tell her who he really was and she accepted it rather than her already having an idea. The Kingpin suit description was good for a chuckle.

Last edited:
Well why not. With Karen not a love interest at the moment, Elektra waiting in the wings to turn up, Matasha (Matt and Natasha) may or may not ever happen, and god knows if and when DeKnight and co. will ever use Heather Glen, Mila Donovan, Kirsten McDuffie or Typhoid Mary (or even Misty Knight) so Maire it is(i know crappy shipper name but it'll do).

Besides, Luke has/will have Jessica

Please stop. This show is above that teeny lovey-dovey nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"