Season 2: Episode 10 - The Power of Shazam!

Drz

Real Hero
Reaction score
Sorry lads but i lack an official description, you can buy it at itunes and PSN (US store) for 3 bucks or so. :) Anyhow i'll put the teaser and episode spoilers in the spoiler tags:
Teaser
Faceless Hunter is taking down heroes that might offer resistance to the Starro invasion. Literally almost *every* hero we know is now a Starro slave. Blue Beetle, Flash, Huntress, Black Canary, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Plastic Man, ... I mean pretty much everyone! I really do believe this is going to be the two-parter we see Superman, Wonder Woman and so forth!

Oh and Red Tornado gets killed, because Faceless Hunter couldn't use a Starro mindcontrol starfish. =/ Ofcourse he can be rebuild... I hope. :hehe:

The Power of Shazam!
So Billy Batson is an orphan and well the episode opens with Dr. Sivana and the Sivana family fightning againts Batman! Sivana wants to stop world wide communications via satelites and whatnot! Ofcourse the world's most fiendist doctor faces up with Captain Marvel! But oh noes! Captain gets trapped! Have no fear! SHAZAM! O noes!!! It was a trap all along! Dr. Sivana wanted the Shazam powered lightning for himself to summon: BLACK ADAM!

Black Adam has been exiled to a far away planet and possibly with no powers, but thats what Sivana does with the Shazam lightning, empowers him and requests him to kill off Captain Marvel, also we get to see BAT-MECHA ONCE AGAIN IN 2D! Nomore 3D model! Awesome fight scenes ensured! Adam DESTROYS the Bat-mecha easily but Captain Marvel holds on his own! Sivana also has a plan to make sure Black Adam himself wont rule the world, but luckily Batman also has a sonic-ray weapon that works nicely againts Black Adam, but yeah bad guys escape!

Billy and Batman go to meet the wizard Shazam and we learn Black Adam's origin! He became corrupted thru his own powers and greed yada yada, and thus the Wizard banished him to the furthrest stars. Oh no! Sivana had a GPS-tracker on Billy! So Sivana and Black Adam attack the Wizard's cave! Oh the drama!

The last minutes are awesome! Sivana all in the end backstabbed Black Adam and whatnot! It's outrageous! This is AN EXCITING PLOT! I love it! CAPTAIN SIVANA, **** YEAH! Also Batman has insane tech gear lol.

I won't spill how they save the day, but the ending is heart warming as Billy gets orphaned by the Brownfield family, and we see a cameo by Mary Marvel in her mortalself.

Now this is what i call a great episode of JUSTICE. It has a heart warming subplot and a heart wamring connection between Batman and Billy Batson, theres a great quote i won't spoil but sooner or later it will pop by this thread.

Good episode, heart warming, with nice action scenes and FOR JUSTICE! Not sure how to rate it, perhaps 8 or 9 out of ten... Teaser was by far hype bringing. :)

Don't ask for pirated copies on the Hype, please.

I found two great quotes:
"Boo" and "Wizard of Shamaz". LOL

My thoughts on the ep:

Just watched it, and I must say it is easily one of my favourite episodes now. Sivana and Black Adam were fantastic, and I'm amazed with how much of the Marvel mythos were fitted into one episode without hurting the plot, truly great.

I recognised Dimaggio as Black Adam straight away and though it took me out for a few seconds, he really did a good job and conveyed both a very angry and even somewhat chilling demeanor. Sivana was equally great and it was a joy to his his children included, that was brilliant. I loved his plan too.

The subplot was easily one of the best done in the series as though it was prominent it didn't beat us over the head with it, and instead felt perfectly natural alongside the action. I really love this Captain Marvel to be sure.

Some great gags in this one too, really enjoyed the "Shamaz" and "Boo", but the best one for me was:
"Bill, I need your help"
*massive building collapses in the background*
"Now" :woot:

Starro teaser was just as great, The Faceless Hunter is shaping up to be a magnificent adversary, I love his reimagined role as the harbringer of Starro the Conqueror. First slice of anything we've seen without Batman in sight too. And I got a couple of chills at what happened to Red Tornado...brutal.

Also, great to know that Black Adam will be returning too, there is simply no way after that being left open.

That was one of the best openings. I'm so pumped for [BLACKOUT]Starro[/BLACKOUT].

just saw it.

first and foremost STARRO LIVES

I really liked this episode. The little bits of background I know for captain marvel were bolstered watching this episode. He's pretty much batman with superpowers and a red sweater.

One question though, I dont know a lot about Cap, but does Sivana traditionally call him "the big red cheese"?

OMG the teaser really kicked freaking ass , I can't wait to see [BLACKOUT]STARRO[/BLACKOUT] debut .

Another stellar episode of Batman : Brave and the Bold . [blackout]Loved the team-up with Captain Marvel & Batman vs. Doctor Sivana & Black Adam.

Loved the nod to the comics with Doc. Sivana referring to Captain Marvel as "The Big Red cheese" & The World's Mightiest Mortal .

Ya gotta love Bats tricking Sivana into saying Shazam! by calling him Shamaz !, just like Sups would do with Mr. Mxyzptlk with Kltpzyxm .

I also loved the ending that introduced Mary Marvel, that was such a nice thing Batman did for Billy .[/blackout]

Last edited:
A few caps for those interested:

vlcsnap2010022615h08m04.png

vlcsnap2010022615h07m25.png

vlcsnap2010022615h06m30.png

vlcsnap2010022615h06m03.png

vlcsnap2010022615h05m35.png

vlcsnap2010022615h04m41.png

vlcsnap2010022615h04m01.png

vlcsnap2010022615h03m35.png

vlcsnap2010022615h03m10.png

vlcsnap2010022615h01m25.png

I hate that I've been missing the episodes. Can't wait for the dvds.

Love the fact that Captain Marvel looks like he jumped right out of the pages of his comics. I always liked his weird looking eyes.

This really is the best DC show ever. I loved Batman:tas, but this is the holy grail of comic book tv show. So, many characters represented in this show, with old stories and references throughout.

A few caps for those interested:

vlcsnap2010022615h08m04.png

vlcsnap2010022615h07m25.png

vlcsnap2010022615h06m30.png

vlcsnap2010022615h06m03.png

vlcsnap2010022615h05m35.png

vlcsnap2010022615h04m41.png

vlcsnap2010022615h04m01.png

vlcsnap2010022615h03m35.png

vlcsnap2010022615h03m10.png

vlcsnap2010022615h01m25.png
as the good captain would say HOLEY MOLEY
ihave to see this temple fugate sivanna always caled cap the big red cheese,in one story he explained to the reader that in boxing slang at thetime cheese champ was an overrated fighrter

Last edited:
Great ep. The teaser was insane.

For only 22 minutes or so, they certainly managed to pack in a lot of goodness. You knew the end reveal was coming and it was still top notch stuff. There simply has to be a follow up with this. We may even get to see Uncle Marvel in this thing. :wow::woot:
One question though, I dont know a lot about Cap, but does Sivana traditionally call him "the big red cheese"?
He's the one who coined the reference.

Just a friendly reminder: Tonight the episode will premiere at Cartoon Network, for those who missed it.

Good Episode.
Like the ending. Bats really came through for Billy.
Hope that means other members of the Marvel Family will appear in a later episode.

After seeing this episode, there definately needs to be a Shazam animated series based off this! I seriously think it could work. One of the best episodes I have seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"