Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 11 "The Creator"

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
TE95wv0.jpg

Discuss Episode 11 of Season 2, "The Creator" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Nice to have some world-building by having a few mentions of Karen Page (Ridley mentions her early in the episode, and one of the news reporters hollering questions about the Rum Punch Massacre mentions her).

Man I thought they were gonna pull a Cottonmouth and have Mariah taken out at an unexpected moment. Mariah is pretty much all alone now.

The flashbacks were good to watch. Can really see why Bushmaster loves saying “Stokes... Mariah Stokes.”

It feels like the season ended but the episodes keep coming. At this point I'm bored enough to just let the episodes run in the background while I do other stuff.

I like that this episode involved some genuine location shooting in Jamaica. The flashbacks were helpful and the change of scenery was nice. The only thing I can't remember is what happened to Buggy Stokes. They said the Jamaicans shot him, but I'm a little unclear why. It seems that might have started the whole thing.

It's interesting that Mariah is in a position to go completely legitimate but for the war, but is instead moving to more extremes. She's going to start drug dealing for no reason. That being said, she can't unilaterally end the war even if she wanted to because Bushmaster won't. It seems a shame. Everyone else seems to have made their peace, including Luke and Johnny. It'll be interesting if Shades is the one to take Mariah down. I like exploration of the relationship between Comanche and Shades. I didn't expect them to keep building on that.

All that being said, I'm wondering who will be left standing at the end. I'm starting to think it might be Luke as King of Harlem given some lines in this episode, although I still think they have some room for Tilda taking over if they made her go a bit darker.

Four and a Half Stars.

It feels like the season ended but the episodes keep coming. At this point I'm bored enough to just let the episodes run in the background while I do other stuff.

This is me, these seasons seem to drag more towards the end. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"