Jessica Jones Season 3, Episode 11 "AKA Hellcat" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
jessica-jones-final-season-poster-405x600.jpg

Discuss Episode 11 of Season 3, "AKA Hellcat" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Last edited:
The last several episodes have been full of sadness, particularly related to Trish, but this episode turns all of that on its head. It also turns on its head specifically the funeral scene. We see Dorothy as a much more manupulative, ruthless person here. We see that she's someone who could influence Trish into her warped decision-making. I don't want the direction they took Trish's character, but it is still effective. The episode is called Hellcat and it does still fit.

In many ways, this is a parallel to episode two seeing the same things from a different perspective. I'm surprised they didn't do the voice over like they had for that one - although I don't think it was needed. We see that the cop's death was far more of an accident than this second death, which was clearly far more beyond the pale. Even if it wasn't premeditated murder, her inability to stop was extreme. That being said, I'll note that she hasn't been seen as the masked vigilante by any living person as the one causing those deaths, so that helps if she doesn't end up in jail, but I'm not sure if that's the right decision. Of course, anyone who is OK with Frank Castle being out of prison but think Trish Walker should be locked up is a hypocrite, so I'm not going to pick any extreme positions. Instead, I'll just see where this ends up since there's two episodes left.

Four Stars.

Is the actress playing the young Trish Walker related to Dorothy? They look like they could be mother and daughter. They have the same facial features.

I like seeing certain events from a different perspective. And seeing how Dorothy treated Trish as a kid shows why she ended up as an adult.

I honestly thought it’d be that she killed that cop on purpose given how Erik reacted to the other guy when we saw it from his point of view. But, seeing how Trish liked how the world was “better” for Erik, I think she’ll be fine with killing on purpose now.

I liked the droning sound effect when things cleared up for Erik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"