Jessica Jones Season 2, Episode 13 "AKA Playland"

Trish doesn't want to help people. She wants to be Captain America.

Wow people giving Trish a lot of hate. How do people defend Jessica yet trash her?

The corrections officer may have been a murderer and she might have killed him in self defense but she had the choice of actually admitting to what she did but instead she decided to stage it as a suicide. And she wasn't originally investigating the guy because she thought he was bad -- that just became a convenient excuse for her to kill him and be the "good" one.

I also thought that Trish had a good point that the cops would have likely shot both of them. Assuming Costa is a normal cop and not able to teleport (it's a 55 minute drive from Mid-Town to Westchester) there's no way for Trish to know he was going to be there to make sure Jessica was safe. Jessica was a fugitive who'd been given several chances to turn herself in but hadn't. Odds are the Westchester police would just know that there are two powered women at Playland who'd killed cops and SWAT snipers would solve both.

It's not open to debate. NONE OF US would accept the idea of mass murdering cop killers just walking the streets because their daughter wanted them to be free. Maybe The Raft is not where she belongs...but is there a mental hospital version of The Raft in the MCU? If so, then she belongs there. If not, then SURELY walking the streets as if it never happened can not be the answer. Jessica tried to prevent justice from being served. So...well developed character...realistic motivations...but a villain nevertheless.
I know the party is long over but I am just getting to the Netflix/Defenders shows. I think only the Raft has been mentioned in the movies. However on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s first season they suggested that was their job and many facilities were name dropped and some visited before Hydra emerged. During the next season they suggest that folks like General Talbot for their home nation's and Hydra were in a race to scoop up the ex S.H.I.E.L.D assets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"