Legion Season 3, Episode 2: "Chapter 21"

I don't know what kind of drugs Lenny does in her Mystery Machine with her entourage, but I want some.

The highlight for me was definitely Syd confronting David on what he's done, but also enjoyed seeing more of Cary, too. Bill Irwin is always fun to see when he's on the move and he always looks so flexible and agile when he's pulling off his dance moves.

I don't know what kind of drugs Lenny does in her Mystery Machine with her entourage, but I want some.

The highlight for me was definitely Syd confronting David on what he's done, but also enjoyed seeing more of Cary, too. Bill Irwin is always fun to see when he's on the move and he always looks so flexible and agile when he's pulling off his dance moves.

I’m pretty amazed and entertained with Syd’s hardline “David is ‘The Bad Man’, I’m ‘The Hero’ so I need to kill him” stance. Mainly because she sent her mother’s boyfriend to prison for deflowering her in a shower. I’d say that could ~also~ be construed as her raping him via changing places with her mother. It’s too bad David looks at her as his only salvation. I think he believes that Farouk soured her on him ~before~ the minotaur encounter in season 2 (which, he ~did~...), and that if he has the power to put things right, he should. It’s sad that he thinks that. It’s ALL very morally muddy. GREAT show.

And Irwin’s Chaplinesque “escape”! AWESOME!
And the “drug gas mask” that looks like a duck face!

Props for giving Bill Irwin a chance to clown around for a whole scene.

I’m pretty amazed and entertained with Syd’s hardline “David is ‘The Bad Man’, I’m ‘The Hero’ so I need to kill him” stance. Mainly because she sent her mother’s boyfriend to prison for deflowering her in a shower. I’d say that could ~also~ be construed as her raping him via changing places with her mother.

That also made me raise an eyebrow.

I just thought, WOW, you destroyed someone's ENTIRE future and condemned him to prison and YOU'RE passing judgment on David?

All she would have had to do was put on her best "confused little girl" face and tell everyone that she voluntarily walked into the shower because she was curious. The guy would have probably still gotten punished, but significantly less so.

She was FULLY clothed, after all.

I wouldn't want to try and write for a series this complex. No matter what you focus on, you're leaving something else untouched that really should be explored more thoroughly.

Of course, it really is tough to fully explore something in only 3 seasons with 7-8 episodes.

I'm behind so I just finished this episode. I really could've used a recap because I don't remember David drugging Sydney at all.

I'm behind so I just finished this episode. I really could've used a recap because I don't remember David drugging Sydney at all.

Ah. Right after David bashes Farouk nearly to death in Season 2, Syd gives him a stern talking to for enjoying his violence too much. She’s not digging her David like she previously did due to Farouk’s machinations. So, while Syd is unconscious, David makes her forget all of her misgivings. Shortly thereafter, David and Syd get squelchy. Later, when Syd regains her memory, she characterizes this as ‘drugging her and having sex with her’.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"