Season 3: Episode 58: Time out for Vengeance!

Drz

Real Hero
Reaction score
This is JLI + Batman on a time travel mission to save all Batmen from history thats being erased by one the show's biggest villains, sadly he's rather not the most interesting ones either and makes me wonder are they really setting up a season finale with him as the villain? Anyhow for Grant Morrison's Return of Bruce Wayne fans, you will be pleased to know that Cave and Pirate Batman are both based off Andy Kubert's initial designs, yes this means Captain Batman HAS his manly beard that RoBW comic never did. Here's the Andy Kubert designs for those interested: http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2010/03/batmanrobw1-6cvr.jpg

Now this episode was sadly really dorky and the villain reveal was uninteresting, but it has good jokes such as 2 references to FLinstones, Batman's cave "mobile" is freaking epicness incarnate and we even get a 3rd Batman from the time travel thats a Roman Batman, which i thought was a great tribute to the original Batman and Robin time travel that happened in 1941 where Batman and Robin meet the roman Joker, the Jester!

The teaser for this episode is a team up with a Steve Ditko character and he's awesome! :D Also we get to see Catman with his first appearance ROBO cat monster mount, awesome! :D

But yeah, this main episode was just really forgettable outside a few laughs from Aquaman, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle fist bumping like true bros and whatnot, so yeah 6.5/10

Drazar, you tease!

Has the new YJ episode been released like this as well. It was supposed to air yesterday, like this episode.

Grrr!!! That's the one I'm VERY impatient to see!

Oh well, thanks anyway. Enjoyed the bit of the teaser I saw, but I'm waiting to spend my dollars on the YJ one if its put up.

Just wondering: was this episode written by J.M. DeMatteis and directed by Michael Goguen?

Just watched this one on Youtube. Episode was cute but kind of underwhelming. Like Drz said, it's dorky. Teaser was better than the actual episode. This seems to be how I feel about the JLI episodes.

Aquaman's enthusiasm for fighting Romans was funny though.

Decent episode. 'B-'.
Good to see the Creeper in action against the Helgrammite.
Which goes back to the first Batman/Creeper teamup from the comic.

Nice seeing Cat-Man again. Wish Thomas F Wilson was back for the voice.
Its somewhat weird seeing someone and they have no lines or even a grunt.

Cool seeing Rip Hunter. Wish he had been a little more active then a ferry captain.
Cave Batman was awesome.

Kind of wish the future Batman had been the Batman from the 853rd century.

Fun episode overall. Too bad Martian Manhunter didn't get to do more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"