Legion Season 3, Episode 6: "Chapter 25"

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
Nice to see Melanie and Oliver back in the fold.

Looks like another bottle ep. Which on this show, is usually a good thing. :up:

So, it looks like my posts RE: previous episodes are addressed.
I’ve been watching, knowing that the second half of Season 2 tells a story of Farouk’s subtle psychic ‘nudges’ taking every trusted relationship David has away from him. To the point where David has only himself to rely on.
And David’s self, we find, is not ~always~ as reliable as it was in Season 1, Episode 7 (when his calm, rational side with a british accent talked him out of being trapped by Farouk...). His ‘self’ likely can’t even come to an agreeable consensus. Countless personalities - likely created to assuage his sense of loneliness and persecution.

My previous comments indicated confusion about Syd’s attacking of David’s morals and intent, when she herself essentially ‘raped’ her mother’s boyfriend and sent him to prison for statutory rape.

Those comments have been addressed in Season 3, Episode 6 - as Syd’s mind is wiped by ‘Legion’ and dropped innocent as a newborn child into the Astral Plane to be found by Oliver and Melanie, where she lives her life over. She grows up in an idyllic fairytale land where Oliver and Melanie teach her empathy, right and wrong and the harsh adult lesson that some folks don’t ~want~ to be saved. She also, incidentally, doesn’t send anyone to prison for statutory rape.

When she returns to ‘the real world’, Syd magically remembers everything that happened during her ‘second childhood’ AND everything from before Legion wiped her mind.

So now who knows if she’s still crazy-driven to kill David for being bad, or whether he’s somebody that she just decides doesn’t ~want~ to be saved.

Only Season 3, Episode 7 will tell!

Lol! Such a frustrating show! I LOVE it!

Nice to see Melanie and Oliver back in the fold. This take on the astral plane gave me a big Garden of Eden vibe, where you've got Melanie and Oliver essentially taking on the role of God, the Big Bad Wolf is the serpent, and I guess Cynthia could be Eve since she fell prey to temptation. It was a lesson for Syd to learn that not everyone can be saved. Nice as it would've been for Oliver and Melanie to return, they served their purpose.

Curious what Syd, Cary, and Kerry will do now that they're in the time hallway. After all, David and Switch are, presumably, going to get in touch with Charles at some point, so what can the three of them expect to do? Especially when the time demons are still out there?

Also...that rap battle, though. Awesome stuff. If you're gonna bring Jemaine Clement back, obviously he's going to do something like that in the same way Bill Irwin is going to get creative with his moves. Jason Mantzoukas was great as the Big, Bad Wolf. Like Aubrey Plaza, it's a nice change of pace to see an actor normally known for comedic stuff take on a bit of the dramatic.

I love the show, but I did not like this episode at all... I actually got bored halfway through and switched it off to watch The Boys instead. I finished it the next day, but for me this was one of the worst episodes of the entire series...

Looks like another bottle ep. Which on this show, is usually a good thing. :up:
Well I was wrong. Fun use of Jason Mantzoukas, and it was great to see Oliver and Melanie again, but I didn't really care for this episode on the whole.

I dug it. It's not anything groundbreaking, but I found it leisurely.

And also...

tumblr_pvk024rQTZ1t0cq01o6_540.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"