Season 7 Premiere - Bizarro (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered if the bracelet protects her from kryptonite poisoning. Isnt Zor-el a Geologist or something? Anyway, they seem to have some significance.
maybe they'll go with her lasso of truth. ;)

excellent review trip as usual. While I dont always agree with you..... wait thats wrong. Since i always agree with everything you say, reading your reviews are always a fun thing to do. Not sure why we view everything pretty much the same, but hey I just go with it. Great review.

LOL!

Thanks....

I wondered if the bracelet protects her from kryptonite poisoning. Isnt Zor-el a Geologist or something? Anyway, they seem to have some significance.

It does... something is up with that, why else linger on her putting it back on?

nice review trip.

thanks!

maybe they'll go with her lasso of truth. ;)

LOL!!

I'm not sure I like that idea either Cap...

:mad:

I'm not sure I like that idea either Cap...

:mad:
Well I'm sure. I think it would be lame and yet another instance of marginalizing Clark in some way. Gone are the days when everything about him was special, including his powers. It pisses me off and makes me sad all at the same time. :(

but.gif

"Kara" hasn't aired yet. And Cmill's avatar gives me hope that G&M decided to leave one ridiculous detail of the comics IN the comics and not import it into the show. So I'm keeping an open mind. :D :up:

I hope we figure out what's so important about that bracelet. It's funny, one of my son's friends thought she was Diana because of that.

He asked, is that true?

I said, No... They've been told Wonder Woman will never be allowed in Smallville. That was Supergirl. Besides, WW has black hair anyway, not blonde. How could anyone think that's wonder woman?

LOL! It's so funny you should mention that!

People in places like this forum don't often realize how uninformed the general public really is about Superheroes. My daughter asked me the SAME THING! "Is that supposed to be Wonder Woman?" The bracelet is what she keyed in on.

Btw... great review, trip. :) It's really nice to have them back again. :up:

How ironic is this though? I *liked* Allison in her morgue scene. I agree she seemed different though, but I sort of see her character differently now too. I don't know that it was a conscience choice on Allison's part though, it just struck me as more likable than normal.

I really liked that you made a point of differentiating between Bizarro and RedK Clark. It's so easy for people to say there was no difference, but I think people who really watch the show with more of an eye for detail can easily see the stark differences.

I was surprised you didn't mention more about Lois and Lana, but I guess there's only so much that can be elaborated on, and there was a LOT in that episode to talk about.

LOL! It's so funny you should mention that!

People in places like this forum don't often realize how uninformed the general public really is about Superheroes. My daughter asked me the SAME THING! "Is that supposed to be Wonder Woman?" The bracelet is what she keyed in on.

Btw... great review, trip. :) It's really nice to have them back again. :up:

How ironic is this though? I *liked* Allison in her morgue scene. I agree she seemed different though, but I sort of see her character differently now too. I don't know that it was a conscience choice on Allison's part though, it just struck me as more likable than normal.

I really liked that you made a point of differentiating between Bizarro and RedK Clark. It's so easy for people to say there was no difference, but I think people who really watch the show with more of an eye for detail can easily see the stark differences.

I was surprised you didn't mention more about Lois and Lana, but I guess there's only so much that can be elaborated on, and there was a LOT in that episode to talk about.

She seemed lost in that scene, for lack a better word... maybe she wasn't sure how to handle it.

I dunno...

I should have talked about other things in addition to Lana and Lois, like I was SO glad they hadn't killed the kid.

I had been worried for his safety...

Also, I was going to mention the hair cuts and Lionel have gotten a shave on his tumble through the flood... ;) But I decided it was too picky, even for me, to mention that. John was doing that show and went in for only one day, apparently, and I would rather them have Tom's hair shorter than for them to have to try using those awful extensions again like he had the first part of season 1.

*shudder*

As for Bizarro, I saw a few comments on line complaining that Bizarro was just like red-kClark and he wasn't, so I had to mention that...

Bizarro is wearing Tom's face and is a lust-puppy like red-k!Clark, but that is where the similarities end.

Even on red-k, Clark would never kill just because he could.

speaking of black hair and wonder woman, its not entirely true........

while diana prince and donna troy do sport black hair in the comics, cassie sandsmark a.k.a. wondergirl has blond hair.

Great review Trip, I've missed 'em :cwink:

Thanks! :D

Red X said:
BTW; I was wondering, what question was Welling asked in your signature?

He wasn't asked a question so much... it's a quote from AM's web site where she said that Tom was trying to help her.

He was telling her the show is everything and it's nothing, so there is no use panicking....

My husband is a professor and teaches theatre. The kids get so wrapped up in the shows, they think it's a disaster if things don't go perfectly...

His reponse is: yeah, it's important to do your best but at the end of the day it's just the school play.

So, it's like that for Tom. It's just the school play. I liked that quote since it shows what a smart guy he is.

That quote comes from her September 17th entry on her blog. Here is the relevant part:

Allison Mack said:
Tom Welling said something beautifully enlightening to me the other day at work. He said, “In the end, Allison, it is everything and it is nothing. It is all just for the experience,” and at that moment, on the Kent Farm, with a man dressed in a silver body-suit flying behind us, I really understood what he was saying to me. And… started laughing! Every moment is about *that* moment, not about the next one I am going to live and not about the ones I just finished living. So I just need to enjoy the ride!

http://www.allisonmack.com/

Never mind Tom's quote, I just want to know who this is! :wow:

"with a man dressed in a silver body-suit flying behind us,"

Never mind Tom's quote, I just want to know who this is! :wow:

"with a man dressed in a silver body-suit flying behind us,"

Warrior Angel for the "Action" episode? :huh:

Yeah, I think so...

I guess there is a surreal aspect to their jobs at times...

It's one thing I liked about theatre when I was in it, it's crazy if you look at it from one view point but it can mean so much too.

Hey guys, It's been a busy week, so I haven't got the chance to drop by here and give my review.

Ok it's not really a review, how many words can sum up I LOVED IT! It had it's few moments that kinda slowed the pace from what we normally see on the SV season premiere, but other than that, it was still great.

I haven't really read into many of the other "episode discussions" but I'd like to see more Bizarro/Clark, it was quite fun!:woot:

I thought it was good.

Lana being alive was not a shocker to me

Why do you think I didn't really mention it in my review?

It was such a lame attempt at a cliff-hanger, it was so obvious she hadn't really been killed....

Why do you think I didn't really mention it in my review?

It was such a lame attempt at a cliff-hanger, it was so obvious she hadn't really been killed....

Well yeah SV is the most predictable pile of spit on TV right now...

Well yeah SV is the most predictable pile of spit on TV right now...

They have their moments, it's true, but for the most part I still really enjoy the show.

They have their moments, it's true, but for the most part I still really enjoy the show.

Oh yes I never said it was a bad thing. Sometimes I like the kids shows. This being one I like of course.

Agreed. I also think sometimes they get too ambitious and try to do too much in one episode. But I'm really excited about this season and think we are off to a great start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"