Senator Biden announces White House bid

Superman

The Man Of Steel (Is #1)
Reaction score
WASHINGTON (AFP) - US Senator Joseph Biden announced he would seek the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination.

I am running for president," Biden told NBC television's "Meet the Press" program.

The six-term senator from the tiny east coast state of Delaware said he would file the necessary papers for a White House bid with federal authorities sometime during the month of January.

Biden, the new chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, one of the most powerful panels in Congress, announced several months ago that he was considering a White House run.

He said Sunday he is not dissuaded by tough competition from expected White House hopefuls and fellow US senators Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

"I'm going to be Joe Biden and try to be the best Biden I can be," the 64-year-old senator said. "If I can, I got a shot. If I can't, I lose."

The veteran lawmaker will have to square the time-consuming duties of running for president with the obligations of his high-powered Senate post.

He is a particularly influential voice on the Iraq question, which is expected to dominate the congressional agenda over the next two years.

Biden has said he is "totally" opposed to a further US troop buildup in Iraq, deeming it unpopular and unlikely to work.

He has vowed to hold numerous hearings on administration missteps getting into Iraq, as well as the way forward to help quell the sectarian violence he has termed a civil war.

Biden, an attorney and law professor, was first elected to the United States Senate in 1972, when he was just 29 years old.

A centrist Democrat, he first ran for US president in February 1988, but pulled out after being hospitalized for two brain aneurysms.

His health problems scuttled his efforts to win the presidential nomination that year and kept him from the US Senate for seven months.

Biden opted against joining a packed field of contenders vying for the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination won by Massachusetts US Senator John Kerry.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070107/pl_afp/usvotebiden2008

I'd vote for him. :up: :yay:

Meh, I like Biden but he doesn't have a shot.

I think hes just "Biden" his time before he gets beat. :dry:

he's not the worst candidate the dems could nominate, but he's far from the best. he's got kind of a slimey persona. i'd vote for him over any of the rumored republicans running, but i'd rather have clark or obama win it.

i'd rather have clark or obama win it.

I want Obama to run for president just to see the hilarious attack ads that the Republicans would come up with.
Like Photoshop a beard on him and have something like
"remember Obama is one "s" away from Osama" or something like that :up:

I want Obama to run for president just to see the hilarious attack ads that the Republicans would come up with.
Like Photoshop a beard on him and have something like
"remember Obama is one "s" away from Osama" or something like that :up:

like this?

cnn-obama-osama1.jpg

Have fun losing.
That's exactly what I said the third time I heard George W. Bush on television talking like a Special Olympian and after I heard tales of his illustrious record bankrupting companies, drunk-driving and letting an unprecedented number of criminals be put to death while inexplicably pardoning a savage rapist/killer who had suspicious gov't. connections. :csad:

That's exactly what I said the third time I heard George W. Bush on television talking like a Special Olympian and after I heard tales of his illustrious record bankrupting companies, drunk-driving and letting an unprecedented number of criminals be put to death while inexplicably pardoning a savage rapist/killer who had suspicious gov't. connections. :csad:
Bush had name recognition...plus he was like the Anti-Clinton, Biden has accusations of plagarism.

Anybody watch this crap "Hannity's America"? Awesome, its even more entertaining than O'Reilly.

haven't seen it, but i can only imagine what hannity's america would entail... yuch, i just vomitted in my mouth a bit.

seriously, why do people keep giving Hannity shows?
the guy is an idiot. he looks like a mutant Jay Leno and he fails at wit, not to mention he's like a compulsive liar, or at least a habitual maker-uper. :down

Bush had name recognition...plus he was like the Anti-Clinton, Biden has accusations of plagarism.

Those accusations were proven to be false and the staffer of his opponent who made those claims was fired.

the guy is an idiot. he looks like a mutant Jay Leno and he fails at wit, not to mention he's like a compulsive liar, or at least a habitual maker-uper. :down

He had a segment about Harry Reid's bridge "scandal" after the report Hannity goes, actual quote "Shocking".:wow:

Actually doesn't Jay Leno look like a mutant Jay Leno?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"